Bushings

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Spencer Saldumbide

Bushings

Post by Spencer Saldumbide » Thu May 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Moderate newb here with a question. Tired of running stock bushings on a Bennett 4.3 and Tracker RT/S. What duro's should I be lookin at?

I'm weighing in at 200, runnin the Bennet and Tracker on a Fullbag junk in the trunk, 1/2 inch wedges, 3DM 62mm's.

Tight and Hybrid style.

Many thanks.

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Thu May 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Much of that depends on personal preference and what feels comfy.

My advice, for what it's worth is to get an assortment, like a khiro bushing pack, and try different hardnesses and combinations of hardnesses. I'm a bit heavier than you and right now (and it changes), I skate white Khiros in the front and yellows in the back (I skate a Split up front and an Airflow back). Some people lighter than me say it's too loose for them, some say too stiff. To each his (or her) own. It doesn't hurt to play around.
HOSS

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Experiment

Post by Marty Schaub » Thu May 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Like Lenny says, there is no "It" set-up that one could pass on to you. I probably have 100+ bushings that I bring to races in a big bag. Khiro, tracker,radikal, odds, ends, bushings made from wheels, etc, etc, etc

Try the Khiro kit if you want, but I would suggest picking up just a few different Khiro duros by the pack along with some green & blue Tracker Superballs. Start to mix and match during a sesh. Try 2 or 3 set-ups a sesh and ride them enough to get a true feel. Write them down so you remember. Pretty quick you are going to start to see what you prefer by feel, not what someone might tell you.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
La Costa Boy For Life