Belgian newbie

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Damien Gillissen

Belgian newbie

Post by Damien Gillissen » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:11 pm

Hello, my name is Gillissen Damien, I am Belgian and I live Brussels, I ride mainly in streetluge and buttboard started downhill freeride in 2004 and in competition frenchcup for the first time this year , I discovered the slalom by the Riderz forum and the pirate slalom 2005 in Paris , for the moment I do not take part in competition or just for the practice (Amsterdam) or cones Marshall (Paris) .I like the courses tight and special tight with 1m80 2m not too fast,not too much slope, for the giants they are the very broad courses and opened well, by-against for the ramp I tested that of Amsterdam and OUCH "gamelle" or then to test on smaller 1m or 1m20 high.

The community slalom in Belgium is very small 2 riders in Brussels and 1 in Liege, one seeks with developer the sport and to make known it but not on a great scale by a competition for example, but rather by sessions open as for the wood of Cambre which has a little the style of Central Park , my favorite slalom place in Brussels the week-end .
NO CARS DAY IN BRUSSELS 23/09/2007

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:13 pm

Welcome Damien!

It's really cool that you are helping to start a scene in Belgium. I wish you luck and offer advice if you ever wish to PM me.

I may be in Europe in September and like the sound of no car day. Please keep us up to date on any skateboard days in your area.

Joe

Eric Brassard

Post by Eric Brassard » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:53 pm

I Damien , Welcome to ISSA and if you want to see a french Slalom forum go to

skateordie.forumactif.com

Salute

Eric

Damien Gillissen

Post by Damien Gillissen » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:21 am

Thank you for the reception and supports it, all the world is it welcome in September for a super weekend of ride in Brussels .
NO CARS DAY IN BRUSSELS 23/09/2007

Paul Steinbrueck

Post by Paul Steinbrueck » Thu May 07, 2009 12:11 am

Hi Damien, hi everyone else,
I'm Paul from Germany, now living in Brussels. After cruising around for a while with a selfmade longboard (snowboard-recycling...) I finally managed to get a real nice slalom board. It's great for city cruising but I would like to get more into some real slalom action. Now I wonder if there is any scene in Brussels? Couldn't find much more than Damien's posts. Are you still in Brussels? I also especially ask if someone knows what's going concerning skating on next weekend, 9th/10th of may, regarding the car-free-Brussels-day. Would be great to get to know some people ..