Hey! i am new to the forum

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Boyd de visser

Hey! i am new to the forum

Post by Boyd de visser » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:07 pm

Hi my name is Boyd an 15year old schoolar from the netherlands.
i have been longboarding for over 4years now 2years of mostly downhill, just started slalom an few weeks ago since i got inspired by some other rider of the www.adrenalinsports.nl forum .
i just made my first board an hand made 71cm slalom board inspired on the Force SL race deck gonna mount it whit seismic 105mm 45angle trucks and seismic hotspots.
i am new to the forum and nice to meet u all.

greeting.

Boyd.

Boyd de visser

Post by Boyd de visser » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:13 pm

oh and 1 small question can i use my 75mm 3dm avila's to for slalom or are they just to huge?

Martin Reaves

Post by Martin Reaves » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:31 am

Its possible to use Avilas on something like Super G slalom, but i wouldn't use them on tight, or hybrid for sure. They are simply too large, and also dont grip as much as a smaller wheel. they will HAUL through a big, wide open course though

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:46 am

we got some courses for your avilas.half an hour away from venlo.where are you located?

Boyd de visser

Post by Boyd de visser » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:33 am

Den-Helder its the peak of norther holland but wel on a free day i can take the train or my brother can drive me.
but is it wise to trim my avilas or just keep them original since i also got an pair of seismic hotspots

Boyd de visser

Post by Boyd de visser » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:38 am

these are some pics of my hand made slalom board even though it still needs an paintjob and some editing in the griptape.
oh and by the way this is the old setup just got my slalom set-up a few days ago

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:45 am

hey... i wouldn't do anthing on the wheels before we meet and have a sess.
you probably will also want to build yourself a different board after the session.
just keep on riding your board and enjoy it the way it is now.
you'll get a lot of insight into several things after we had our first session.
there you can also try a few things out and compare+you will get a lot of input at the course.
i think that's better for you to see things in real life than just internet advices.
here's my home phone# you can call me in the evening after 8 pm.00492115382440.
then we'll talk a bit and things will move on from there.

Boyd de visser

Post by Boyd de visser » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:58 am

sure will do m8 but i first need to find an day where i can go on an 4hour long train ride.
perhaps next week but if cant make it due school and other things i will surely come at the holidays which are in i believe 3weeks here.

but i cant buy decks now for an while since i also bought an landyachtz DH race deck an while ago and as u know students dont have that much cash ^^
so i probably need to go back on my woodworking table
Last edited by Boyd de visser on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:59 am

no worries we'll find a day for you did you ever contact bas de man for a sess?

Boyd de visser

Post by Boyd de visser » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:03 pm

sure man i am whit bas on an forum for an long time maybe we can hold an litle session in the nearby future

Bas de Man

Post by Bas de Man » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:25 pm

We will be running some cones pretty soon at the Old floriade terrain. Going to be some nasty, tricky runs, but most likeley very entertaining :P

+ we session almost every Friday and Saturday evening here. Depends on work and the weather.

Boyd de visser

Post by Boyd de visser » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:36 pm

the problem right now is www.sickboards.nl the site i buy my gear seems to be offline for the last few days so i hope i can order some new slalom gear tommorow and have it next saturday or next week

Boyd de visser

Post by Boyd de visser » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:38 pm

oh and btw donald are u an employee of pavel skateboards? or manager since your the admin for that section

YOYO SHULTZ

Post by YOYO SHULTZ » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:44 pm

Boyd de visser wrote:oh and btw donald are u an employee of pavel skateboards? or manager since your the admin for that section
Donald is the MAN behind Pavel....he own the company!

YOYO SHULTZ

Re: Hey! i am new to the forum

Post by YOYO SHULTZ » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:47 pm

Boyd de visser wrote:Hi my name is Boyd an 15year old schoolar from the netherlands.
i have been longboarding for over 4years now 2years of mostly downhill, just started slalom an few weeks ago since i got inspired by some other rider of the www.adrenalinsports.nl forum .
i just made my first board an hand made 71cm slalom board inspired on the Force SL race deck gonna mount it whit seismic 105mm 45angle trucks and seismic hotspots.
i am new to the forum and nice to meet u all.

greeting.

Boyd.
Welcome to the Forum!

Just for your info if you are looking for other Dutch Slalom skaters.
In August I met Hans Lucas, you may want to get in touch with him as well.
Here is his email: archeo3@yahoo.com

Greets,

yoyo

Boyd de visser

Post by Boyd de visser » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:59 pm

YOYO SHULTZ wrote:
Boyd de visser wrote:oh and btw donald are u an employee of pavel skateboards? or manager since your the admin for that section
so if in the future i have some sessions whit donald and the others i could buy decks of him since www.sickboards.com doesnt sell pavel boards and they rly looks great :D

YOYO SHULTZ

Post by YOYO SHULTZ » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:31 pm

Boyd de visser wrote:
YOYO SHULTZ wrote:
so if in the future i have some sessions whit donald and the others i could buy decks of him since www.sickboards.com doesnt sell pavel boards and they rly looks great :D

YES! I can only recommend the Pavel decks.....I am riding one myself AND Donald supports and pushes Slalom, whereas sickboards is only in for the money.

Boyd de visser

Post by Boyd de visser » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:52 pm

i will call donald tonight about the boards and sessions but i need an reasonble price between 80-140 euro's since i am just an highschool student

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:44 am

Boyd- look closely at some of the set ups in Dixie Cup on that website- it should give you an idea of proportion and so forth.

Your trucks are quite wide relative to the deck.
Try turning your wheels around it will make the overall width less and likely a little better for slalom.

I also had a slalom deck where the wheels were much wider- I was 15, it was a Henry Hester Fibreflex deck with Trackers. It was easy to pump with the wide trucks- the board was only 5 inches wide, but for racing the trucks usually are not much wider than the board.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Boyd de visser

Post by Boyd de visser » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:14 am

jep its the old set up 105mm trackers are underway:)