new pps

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Mike River

new pps

Post by Mike River » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:08 am

I recently upgraded from a Bahne deck to a pps smokestack (hardcore)
I use tracker rtx/s with some white bitch conicals in the front and yellow bitch conicals in the back. I have to say I am well impressed with the pps, I now use a fraction of the energy I used to , but I get more output! like loads more. I get up to speed so quick now it sometimes frightens me.
Ive only had the deck about two weeks and havnt had the chance to run any cones yet, round here there isnt many safe places for cone practice. But next week I am visiting my sister and she lives in a very slalom friendly part of the country, Cant wait.

I have a question about wheel duro, could any one offer some recommendations to go with the pps and trackers? I live in the uk (we have awfull roads) I am 140lbs and I like ts(but not super tight!).
Im not a serious racer and I spend more time freeriding than running cones.
I am currently using MAnx69, 80a allround.
Cheers

Nick Chamberlain

Post by Nick Chamberlain » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:00 am

80a manx should be fine. you could go to 84a if you wanted in the front. one of the more common duro combos is 80a in back and something the next step or two up ni the front like 83 or 84a

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:46 am

Mike,

How bad of pavement are you talking??

I have experience with 74a (Red) and 78a (Blue) 3dm Avalons….(they’re called Hot Spots now) and I ride them on tarred and graveled type pavement. They work good
for smoothing out the ride and are quite a bit faster than harder wheels on the same pavement…I’ve also ridden some 75a Abec11 “Grippins” and they were very comfy
also…All these softer wheels also work well on good pavement when the temperatures drop into the freezing zone, but they do cone out rather quickly.

Later, Tod

Mike River

Post by Mike River » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:19 pm

Ok, thanks guys. I think I will stick with what I have then. But would I be right in assuming on a good smooth surface a harder duro would be better, especialy in the summer?