how to measure wb?

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Erin Riffel
Erin
Erin

how to measure wb?

Post by Erin Riffel » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:46 pm

...is it measured from inner hole to inner hole?

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

W/B

Post by Steve Collins » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:34 pm

Yes, wheelbase is typically measured from inner hole to inner hole.

If you put one board's wheels next to another board's wheels to compare wheelbases, then the comparison is axle to axle.

The inner hole measurement doesn't take into account factors such as offsets and wedging, which do affect the axle measurement.

Erin Riffel
Erin
Erin

Post by Erin Riffel » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:38 am

ok, thanks.

Blake Learmonth

measuring wheelbase

Post by Blake Learmonth » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:52 pm

"inner hole????" Real wheel base I understand; drop a line from the axel to the ground. Do manufactures quote the distance between the mounting holes closest to the center of the board? My interpretation od "inner hole to inner hole" is 3 inches shorter than the actual wheelbase on my board.(that is a huge difference if one is comparing setups) This might be one of those "picture is worth a thousand words" situations.

Joel Crawley

Post by Joel Crawley » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:01 pm

I would agree that the wheelbase should be from axle to axle. That essentially is a wheelbase. However that wheelbase is dependent on what trucks you're using. Hence (and I'm only assuming this) manufacturers/builders rely on the "inner hole to inner hole" measurement because that's a static measurement and most people can put that into account with what trucks they use to get a fairly close true wheelbase with their given trucks.