pumpyourdeck.com

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

pumpyourdeck.com

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:16 pm

For anyone younger than the Reagan Administration, they might not be aware of Chris Yandall. For those of us who started slaloming in the mid-'70s, Yandall WAS slalom. He was the 1975 World Champion and regularly beat the likes of Hester, Piercy, Ryan, and whoever else wanted to race. The racing team of Yandall, Hester and Skoldberg at FibreFlex were the Axis of Acceleration in the days when Road Rider and Tracker battled for supremacy against Bennett and Power Paw.

Chris is back into slalom and I guess from what I've read he's relocaoted BACK from Michigan and is once again in San Diego. For anyone who's interested in getting tips from a great racer who knows his stuff, Chris has created a website just for techniques and tips for PUMPING YOUR BOARD:

pumpyourdeck.com

It's a new site and Yandall is asking for input and vid clips to expand his content, but even now it has some good stuff that'll expose a newbie to what this is all about.

Trust me, all the wiggling in the world won't get you on the podium if you can't pump and accelerate fast enough to keep up with the big dogs.