A slalom board, please.

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

D. Rogers

A slalom board, please.

Post by D. Rogers » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:39 am

Hey, im a Gravity Biker (if you dont know what that is, go to WWW.GravityBike.com) and im looking to get into slalom. I could never see myself doing a TS, but the GS looks like a lot of fun. I also need this board to comute the 1.3 mile flat ride home from school. I need a board tho. Used, beat, new, just something to try the sport on, and if I dont race, ill have a nice lill board. I have some parts in a box tho that I can use for this project.

1 Stable Turn Metal Sisemic 105 (The smallest?)
1 Quick Turn Metal Siesmic 105
any duro Abec 11 Flashback/Grippin
more ceramic bearings than I can count.

Help a botha in need! Thanks!

Dan Rogers
Rogers Bros Downhill
Ima Rogers too. But Im not a Dave. Go Figure.

Alex Walters

Post by Alex Walters » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:54 am

I don't have a used deck. I'm just getting into the sport myself but with a good deck you'll have a great starter slalom board. The 105mm seismics are the smallest. I can't help you with a used deck but you could look into a new PocketPistols hardcore series, they go for only $45 new.

D. Rogers

Post by D. Rogers » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:04 am

Alex W wrote:I don't have a used deck. I'm just getting into the sport myself but with a good deck you'll have a great starter slalom board. The 105mm seismics are the smallest. I can't help you with a used deck but you could look into a new PocketPistols hardcore series, they go for only $45 new.
Dang? that cheap? where can I find em!

Thanks
Ima Rogers too. But Im not a Dave. Go Figure.

Alex Walters

Post by Alex Walters » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:07 am

At <a href="http://www.pocketpistolskates.com/">Poc ... tes.com</a>.

Sorry I got the price wrong by $5 they're $50 not $45. Still really cheap though.

Another good choice is the <a href="http://www.bahneskateboards.com/">Bahne</a> Black Hill which is only $40 for the deck.

I don't have any experience with these decks but from what I've heard from people on the forums and people I know that have ridden them, they should be great decks and the truck's and wheels you have are great.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:52 am

Dan,

For the GS and your commute you'll want some length. The pistol hcore series is cool. Check out the Duane Peters and the Dagger. Either would do nicely. Figure out what you weigh fully outfitted. They come in different flexes.

Try a mix of duros, maybe 80 back 84 front. Make sure you raise it up enough so you don't get wheel bite.

Please let us know how you make out,

Joe

Alex Walters

Post by Alex Walters » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:50 pm

You wont be able to use the grippins with the seismics. The smaller seismics don't accept centerset wheels. Sideset wheels like Flashbacks or offset like cambrias or avalons will work though.