Noteworthy event on SlalomSkateboarder.com

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:33 am

I was sitting here watching 'da Braves humiliate Oakland ONE MORE TIME (so much for this East/West matchup! It's easier to list which Bravo DIDN'T get a home run: two pitchers and the bat boy!) when I clicked on SS.com to see what's up.

Lo and behold, I saw something I have never seen on this site. I've been coming here since July and registered in August. That's almost a year. Tonight, though, it seems bunches of skaters want to know what's going on in the world:

I don't know about anyone else, but I have never seen "-25-users" scanning the forums. That's a hefty increase over the usual three or four who peruse these pages every now and then.

Congrats to Adam and his hard work. There's 263 registered users now on the site, which by everyone's estimation is at least half of all the slalom skaters in the world today.

A very respectable level of participation.

P.S. Adam, feel free to ZAP this topic if you want. No need for it to stay up forever. I thought, though, that seeing 25 people on board all at once was kind of cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wesley Tucker on 2003-06-12 21:35 ]</font>

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:40 am

Couldda been 3 people. Eddy has a tendency to be on 5 forums at ones. I don't know how he does that. Maybe if one opens a new window for every forum...

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:36 pm

Cool, I appreciate you noticing this.

The cool thing is that it is all word of mouth. You guys found out by telling each other about it. There is no advertising campaign, no business proposals, no rules, international and the site is quite informative and friendly. This is quite a accomplishment regarding that we have been around less than a year.

Hey, that was really nice, thanks.

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:19 pm

Ooops! I guess I'm the cause of this sudden interest. I have done some marketing for our forum recently in various ways...

1. Right now there is a news article on a very popular swedish skate site, Defekt , about a skate documentary that we are in the making of, "1985 Swedish summer camp nostalgia". This news article also includes some info about the great success of the Swedish amateurs in the latest competition in Paris. Of course there is a link to slalomskateboarder in there.

2. I also gave the link in the forum of the swedish slalom and cruize site 161 for people to go and check out the results from Paris.

3. I also gave the link in the forum of the swedish surfing portal Kallsupen . There was some discussion about how their forum worked and I told them to have a look at ours that I think works great. (I also told them to go and have a look to realize what they should do when the surf is down).

4. Juice magazine now also have a fresh news comment about the making of our film "1985 Swedish summer camp nostalgia". This one is more indirect but still. It points to our home site for the film skateboardmemories.com which of course have a link to slalomskateboarder.

Since I have been so kind to slalomskateboarder by doing this I will take the opportunity to inform the readers of our forum to have a look at [www.skateboardmemories.com] for two reasons.

1. The first McTwist in the world! We have it on photo. It's on the site but no info about it. I'm sure you will find out which one it is.

2. A funny (old) trailer. It's there for you to download. It features Tony Hawk, Lance Mountain and Rodney Mullen doing some freestyle a la 1985. You heard right. No vertical skating, only flatland freestyling. I thought that was quite funny at the time.

Sorry no slalom on the site yet but we have some old footage that will finally show up on the site at some stage.