Election Announcement

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Fri May 02, 2003 11:29 pm

August of 2003 will mark the one-year anniversary of http://www.slalomskateboarder.com We have come a long way to establish a web site that promotes international participation in the sport of slalom skateboarding. This site is a volunteer project, non-commercial in nature and reflects the views of it's participants. It is born of slalom skateboard racers and the International Skateboard Slalom Association and has administration found around the globe.

In order to continually increase the quality of this web site and it's organization, it is imperative to have it's editorial change hands at the direction of it's membership. At the point of one year, I will relinquish my duties if I am not elected as the editor, to the new representative who will administer this forum. At that time, my participation will take a back seat to this new editor and I will help assist with the functions of this forum/web site.

To meet the needs of our membership, it is important to remain dynamic. Slalom Skateboarding and it's participants demand a open forum where their voices can be heard in regards to the sport that they are so passionate to be involved. The editorship should change to meet the dynamic nature. In my experience with slalom skateboarding and international web based forums, I think the best choice in direction should come from the voice of it's membership.

I present to you this challenge. As a membership, elect a representative to administer the needs of this forum/web site. Remembering where this organization came from and direct it to where you want it to go. I will relinquish my editorial to this elected member from the membership on August 1, 2003 and that representative will hold this position for one year where again this person will administer an election to find a new editor for direction.

There will be a new forum called "Elections" and nominations will be in this forum. You may not nominate yourself and nominations need a second and third backing to become a candidate. I will continue with my duties if I am nominated and voted by the membership.

Click HERE to present your nomination and vote. Please remember that a second and third backing as well as an acceptance from the nominated member is required before a vote can be held.