Tutorial: How to post photographs.

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Mr Surly
Mr. Surly
Mr. Surly

Tutorial: How to post photographs.

Post by Mr Surly » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:46 pm

For those of you that would like to post your photos to this forum, here is a brief "how-to". This example uses
Photobucket, but the other photo hosting sites will work the same way.

{{This tutorial assumes that you have taken the pictures off of your camera and put them on your computer already}}

Step 1: Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for an account.
[this is a free service]

Step2: Adding pictures to your account.
> Log in to your photo account. Simply click the "browse" button and upload your pictures. You can create
photo albums here too. For instance I have one named "skatepics".

Step3: Adding the pictures to your forum post.
>Once you've added your pictures, and are ready to create a post, you can go back to your Potobucket account,
pick the image you want to post, and copy the "Img" line.

Step4: Paste the "Img" line from the selected photo into your post.

Step5: Admire your newly acquired web skills.

Tway's rendition of CBark at Hobby Park GS Race

Now your ready for the season! Let's see those photo posts.
.:PTBDHB:.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:37 pm

Thanks, Carl.

I just got home and saw your posts. Of course, if anyone is not in a killer hurry to get a post online, they can always forward to me by e-mail any pics and I'll be glad to put them on the SS.com server.

Just please be sure to send a file that is Photoshop compatible (GIF, jpg, etc.) Don't send some obscure proprietary file that is unique to the third-world camera maker who sold you a deal for $19.95. There's a good chance I won't be able to deal with it.

Ed note (March 2011): As we update to the most recent version of phpBB there will be a feature to allow uploading of images and attachments, so there will be no need to use PhotoBucket or send images to an administrator. /Jani