Manufacturers Forums: PVD

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Manufacturers Forums: PVD

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:37 am

In response to the direction a thread is taking in the DC forum, here is a repost of mine from last winter (eight months ago.)

26 Jan 2005 07:47 Fate Of the PVD Forum

OK,

I've been wielding the hatchet with reckless abandon concerning the manufacturer forums. Now comes one that I think MIGHT be a little controversial, so I wanted to air it out before I took any action:

Ground Effects
Peter Verdone Design - Moderator: Peter Verdone.

First of all, I know there are still a lot of people racing and winning on PVDs. So there will probably be some discussion in the future about the product. But the forum is close to dead. Hasn't been a post since early last year. Hell, the forum even has the WRONG NAME: I was informed the trucks are no longer knowns as GERTS, but PVDs. Also, does anyone know if Peter even bothers to check in and look at his own forum?

Again, there might be plans in the works to revive the truck or maybe even Peter is working on something completely new. There's no way to know. My feeling, though, is that the manufacturer's forums serve three purposes: providing technical info, relaying personal experiences on the product AND providing a slalom racer on information on how to order and operate the equipment. I'd like to know if PVD still meets that criteria?

Again, I'm not going to arbitrarily slash Peter's forum the way I did Kryptonic wheels. It's not like there was anyone to rush to the defense of why Kryp should take up our bandwidth. And, if things change and such a circumstance occurs, the forum can always be revived. Also, NOTHING WILL BE DELETED FROM THE PVD FORUM. All topics will be moved to the "General Slalom Skateboard Truck Discussion." So everyone's words of wisdom will be saved for the ages.

Let your thoughts be known. One last thing: silence will be taken as agreement.

02 Feb 2005 16:51

Well, the response has been zero, so I'm assuming my direction for PVDs is acceptable. Peter Verdone Designs will NOT have a forum until such time as Peter once again (if ever) resumes production of a slalom-related product.

Again, NOTHING IS DELETED! All PVD discussion topics are now available in the GENERAL SLALOM SKATEBOARD TRUCK DISCUSSION forum.

Back To The Present

So, has anything changed with PVD other than eight months later Vlad has noticed the forum was gone? Is Peter making trucks again? Has anyone communicated with Peter lately? Is he willing to moderate his own forum? Please note that all the manufacturers' forum are moderated by the manufacturer. Is there any reason why PVD should be treated differently as a manufacturer than ACS or Bennett?

The equipment manufacturers' forum do not have to be active, but they do have to represent companies that are manufacturing..

Let me know what PVD is doing lately.