"Little" author picture (member picture)

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:00 pm

November, 2002

Up to this point, I have been answering all requests for configuring member profiles to contain the little "author" picture in their posts. It's a nice feature that is custom to your profile. It does take time answering e-mail, customizing the picture AND then uploading configuring each profile. Please try to remember that I am volunteering my time...

The problem is that there are a few of you who have asked me to do this have posted only a couple of messages. Probably less time in your messages than in the programing. I appreciate your time, please do not get me wrong, but I only have so much of it to commit to the site.

Moving forward, if you want your picture posted, please make sure you have at least a few messages posted and that you are an active member of the site. i.e. informative posts. Then you may send a jpg image of yourself racing or riding cones and I will fix you up. Most choose to have a "screen name" or their team posted above their picture. This makes no difference to me, you just need to let me know what you want this to read.

Thank you for visiting.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:40 pm

Adam,
I think you should implement over-40-posts-gets-you-a picture rule.
Or under 100 poor quality ones, or over 10 high quality ones. Whatever to save time and database space.
This is my 41st post.
And...I care :smile:
Vlad.

Tim Keasbey

Post by Tim Keasbey » Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:33 pm

Well it looks like I had better start posting "stuff" if I want to ask for my picture, moniker and team to be added to my posts, which I totally do. I do understand your policy though, too bad it is not something a member can set up on their own in their profile.

Just a thought. Timbobwei

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:06 pm

Hello,

I do not have a policy, please re-read what I have posted, thanks.

Best Regards.
On 2002-11-06 11:33, Tim Keasbey wrote:
Well it looks like I had better start posting "stuff" if I want to ask for my picture, moniker and team to be added to my posts, which I totally do. I do understand your policy though, too bad it is not something a member can set up on their own in their profile.

Just a thought. Timbobwei

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:30 pm

Having members post their own images could work, but if it doesn't we'll end up with images such as those that some of you may have seen on other forums where people use any login name and any image (ie images not of themselves, but of funny situations and other things which doesn't belong here). Having such unappropriate images could ruin the reputation of the site, so let's try to keep it clean.

If you are new to this site, please join the discussions. Sooner than you think Adam will have your image posted!

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:04 pm

I think it is a great idea to have pictures appear for posting. Anything to encourage involvement is a good thing and it is a sort of reward similar to what happenens on Ebay when you have good transactions. Nifty if you could get multiple pictures for more posts or larger pictures. If you happen to do something to help the sport along you
could be rewarded with a 3 sec. video clip.