forum index links

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Jack Quarantillo

forum index links

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:59 pm

When the site titling changed from ss.com to issa, the "forum index" links disappeared.

Sometimes they are there, but when you're browsing a thread, the only thing that shows is the partial path, but not the link to the index (home page) of the forum.

Why do I care? Surfing habits.

When I receive an email notification that someone has responded to a thread I'm watching, I follow the link in the email directly to the bottom of the thread. After reading, I used to just click the link in the lower left-hand corner, which would take me to the main/index of the forum, where I could then click on "View posts since last visit". Currently, I have to scroll to the top of the thread, then click on the Slalom! graphic to link to the forum's main index page.

Every other phpBB I've seen has that link at the bottom.

Can you please put it back?

Q

(lazy american)

if the above does not make sense, I can try again to explain it.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:39 pm

It does make sense, I'll put a link back in the footer.

In "other phpBB" forums there are just toooo many links (for my taste) so I took away a few of them. To illustrate it "post a reply" and check out the double link (plus the slalom! logo) to the "forum index" up in the left corner. What use are those two + logo?

...and why would you want to go to the Forum index when you're in the middle of a post?

Everyone has his or hers surfing habits. I nowadays always use the "View posts since last visit" link to see all the new posts, then right click on the right hand side and select "Open link in new window". That opens the thread in a new window and puts me at the bottom of the thread. When I've finished reading a thread I just close the whole window. The complete list of new topics is in the original window behind.

/Jani

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:32 pm

thanks Jani
Q