Site Sponsor Schedule 2005

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Site Sponsor Schedule 2005

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:32 am

This site is now in the hands of the community again and we need to think about how cover the montly fees.

When the monthly site sponsorship system was invented the cost was $23 per month, let's round that to $25.

We now rapidly need 12 site sponsors for 2005.

Update January 2005: All slots for 2005 filled, we've got the sponsors we need. Thank you!

We invite new volounteers to participate in this schedule. I suggest we invite both personal and company sponsorship. Companies limited to one month.

Every month paid will give you one vote in the community for the site and for the new ISSA. Company votes will be in the name of the person behind.

As far as I know we have hosting costs of less than $15 per month, so the proposed site sponsor schedule would give a small surplus to cover future price increases or for other things.

Code: Select all

==========================
Site sponsor schedule 2005
==========================
December 04 - Pat Chewning
January  05 - Chris Hart - www.Airflow-Skateboards.com
February    - Rick Stanziale - www.68mm.com
March       - Rolf von der Crone - www.myBoard.ch
April       - Pat Chewning
May         - Rick Stanziale - www.68mm.com
June        - Steve Collins 
July        - Keith & Michelle Hollien - www.KeithHollien.com
August      - Donald Campbell
September   - Rolf von der Crone - www.myBoard.ch
October     - Chris Hart - www.AirflowSkateboards.com
November    - Donald Campbell - www.Pavel-Skates.com
December    - Steve Michael
PayPal $25 or €20 to: issa@SlalomSkateboarder.com

Thank you!

/Jani
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:09 am, edited 14 times in total.

Rolf von der Crone
www.myboard.ch
www.myboard.ch

Sponsors wanted

Post by Rolf von der Crone » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:53 pm

Hi Jani,

where do you want the 25 Bucks?

i will proudly pay one month!

greeezz

Rolf

www.myboard.ch
info@myboard.ch

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:36 pm

Rolf,
PayPal $25 (or €20) to: issa@SlalomSkateboarder.com

I have already received cash from Pat Chewning and Rick Stanziale.
Thank's!

/Jani

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:46 pm

i'll take the remaining months of 2005-so this debate is already over...
shoot me an e-mail with what is/was left to be filled and i'll paypal it to your address.

Rolf von der Crone
www.myboard.ch
www.myboard.ch

Post by Rolf von der Crone » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:52 pm

PayPal isn't working.....

The PayPal website is currently unavailable. We are actively working to restore access to the site as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please reserve me March thanx

P.S. How do i get my Photo under my name?

< Ed note: March booked. /Jani >

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

January or June

Post by Steve Collins » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:50 pm

Likewise, I'll cover January or June as soon as PayPal is back up.

Best regards to all.

< Ed note: June booked. /Jani >

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:59 pm

Rolf von der Crone wrote:Please reserve me March thanx
Rolf,

OK for March. Send 20€ or if you want to profit from the low dollar rate, send $25.

Rolf von der Crone wrote:How do I get my Photo under my name?
Send a picture to me. I'll reformat and upload it.
You also need to supply a "title" line to go below your name. It could be your nickname, a sponsor or something else that would be suitable. If nothing else it'll be your location.

/Jani

Rolf von der Crone
www.myboard.ch
www.myboard.ch

Forgoten Titel

Post by Rolf von der Crone » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:37 pm

Jani,

please put "myboard.ch" or "Team myboard" under my Name

Thanx a lot

Rolf

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:39 am

I think people who is not on the month sponsor list should have priority over those who have more than 1 month. When there are more than 12 people per year (or more than two per month) wanting to sponsor the monthly payments maybe we should have a lottery? In any case you always get an ISSA vote for every $25. I also think we should have two different sponsors. One personal as now and one in the name of a manufacturer/team or any slalom related business. I.e two names showing per month. The business dollars doesn't give any vote though and is only a support/sponsorship for the site and ISSA.

Everyone who pays $25 for the monthly sponsorship could be registered in the list above. If there are multiple payments for a month there could be a lottery draw just before each month.

What about that for an idea?

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:25 am

IMHO we should think about what is best to keep our sports momentum up. What we really need is an organization to help grow slalom in areas where there are not immediate rewards...like contests which reward the contestants and promoters with recognition immediately.

We need promotion where rewards are delayed- but happen. For instance in setting up slalom racing clinics at high schools and colleges. Teaching Longboard clinics with slalom at collleges and adult education centers.

And most importantly- trying to take back the streets by lobbying to do so with other street sports like Roller hockey, stickball, etc. Without legally being able to use the streets for slalom- we end up with a dead end. IF each town were to designate a "slalom" area. You can guess what type of slalom "hill" we would get. a 2% grade 4 feet wide and 30 feet long. Something absurd. And even if we got a "decent" hill how long would that remain interesting? No playing in the streets means more childhood obesity, and less social interaction for kids and less community. It's not just happening in the USA- it's happening in Germany, and around the world.

Roller hockey can always play in indoor rinks, stickball has real baseball diamonds. Slalomers....we ain't got ----. Our nearest possible "slalom training spot" would be snowboarding at a local N.A.S.T.A.R. course (which is skiings equivalent to 2% 4 feet wide and 30 feet long) plus it costs $2 per run.

I think $25 is a reasonable amount. I wouldn't want to see it much higher. But with only $120 "left over" anually to promote slalom... ..........hmm.

So I think people should get a month for $25 and also those people should get recognition for helping to start a program. For instance Rolf could help to start a program.

As this is an international site- I think it would be cool to get several Trunks full of slalom gear, timing systems, software, cones, rules , dvd's and send send several of these around to area schools for use. So a region would have say 6 trunks of gear per sememster- after which students have to purchase their own decks and a competition schedule is run by them.

The decks would then go to another region/ country/ continent. kids would sign the boards as the boards travel and put some comment in their own language.

I don't think all the boards need to be the same either- a mix of trucks, wheels decks is fine. But there should be at least 5 of the same board combo as a "starting point" and a prescribed course that fits those decks.

This isn't an idea set in stone- but we can see that people want this site alive, and we are seeing more interest by Europeans to help financially support the site, and in time hopefully Asian interest. But we should couple this with a program for long term survival of skateboard slalom where a seed is planted and larger rewards are harvested down the line.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Rolf von der Crone
www.myboard.ch
www.myboard.ch

some very good suggestions

Post by Rolf von der Crone » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 am

Hi there,

some very good suggestion's John!
I am trying to get things going here near Bern,
Dont forget, it's just a bout 8 degree celsius by us and
Road's are wet....

sorry, did i write 8 C, it's now (4:30 p.m.) 3.5 C!

@ Hans,

i agree with you !

cheers

Rolf

< Ed note: I put you up for September too after having received $50. /Jani >

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:54 pm

John Gilmour wrote:I think $25 is a reasonable amount. I wouldn't want to see it much higher. But with only $120 "left over" anually to promote slalom... ..........hmm.
John, this monthly sponsor thing is not the only thing we will have to promote slalom. I see it more like a carrot for people to open up the wallet for the slalom community in general. In this case the money is actually almost all going to the carrot itself. Hopefully we will be able to invent a lot more carrots in the future.

About your slalom trunks I think most of it could be sponsored by the manufacturers themselves. Then ISSA could try and put in the rest maybe. The next carrot maybe?

Heiko Schöller
Heiko
Heiko

Post by Heiko Schöller » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:14 pm

Hi Jani

If we still need a sponsor for a months you can count me in too. Today I sent you although the 75bucks...Best regards from Germany Heiko
WWW.CONCRETEWAVE.DE
100% Skateshop and no fucking fashion store. GOG homebase.
WWW.PAVEL-SKATES.COM
Pavel über alles
ASSA = Anti Skateboard Slalom Association

Steve Michael
azsuprasm
azsuprasm

Site Sponsorship

Post by Steve Michael » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:19 pm

$$ on the way, Jani.

If July is already taken for 2005, I'll take February 2006 in honor of my son's first birthday!

-=S=-

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:34 am

Nice Steve,

I'll put you up for February 2006. It seems you all like the concept of a monthly sponsor to continue, so let's keep it up also for 2006. No hurry though to sign up.

I was still hoping to get a new sponsor in for December 2005. It's still open. According to our statistics December is one of the most active months in the year.

(It's a pity I didn't manage to capture the stats at the end of the year, so we could have a complete 2004 statistics image. Maybe it's there somewhere.)

Steve Michael
azsuprasm
azsuprasm

Post by Steve Michael » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:11 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:Nice Steve,

I'll put you up for February 2006.
No need to wait, Jani. If you need Dec.2005, I'll take that instead.

-=S=-

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

December 2005 taken - Thank's!

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:27 pm

OK Steve, let's do like that and we'll wait before we announce a sponsor schedule for 2006.
I always liked the idea of a monthly sponsor and I hope we can continue this way.

Every month you sponsor also gives you one vote (max 5) for the new ISSA.

With that I would like to thank you all for the support of this site for 2005 and I'll close this thread.

Thank's Steve and all the others!

/Jani