Changes?

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Should we attempt to condense some of the forums?

yes
95%
no
5%

Total votes: 21

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Changes?

Post by John Gilmour » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:55 pm

Should we condense some of the forums- or delete some forums that have no meaningful info Ie...."meet me at the Days inn for skating" (post is 3 years old)

Or should we leave it intact.

I think a good number of topics could be condensed.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:34 pm

Who is running the place John?

I am still checking in at least two or three times a week. I'm glad to see that things are still progressing.

The last that I had heard, Jack was going to "find someone else" and I've lost that thread and haven't looked for it yet.

I see that I have administration rights still in place, I would be willing to help out on a part time basis but I have to know that it is my place to do as such.

I bought a new paraglider and have been using it and it's like less than a month away until I am married, I'm very stoked. It feels so good to get back to the air again and my fiance' is quite a gal, she is so grounded, she helps me soar. Again my experiences as of late really puts skateboarding into perspective for me.

So, if you want some administration help, you can find some in my direction, I just have to have the OK from who ever owns the place.

adam

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:48 am

Jack is still running it- though I suppose he wants to sell it as I also saw that post.

I think that running this site is going to take more effort than one person wants to shoulder.

I'm just trying to help out where I can.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Post by Steve Collins » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:44 am

I think it's time for someone to kiss and make up with Jani to get him back here. So he's a little self-serious, BFD. I always thought he was the one who ran this place (apologies to Adam).

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Too many irons in the fire

Post by Jack Smith » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:41 am

Yes, I am looking for someone such as Jani to take over the administration of this site. I have too many other projects happening at the moment.

I have no desire to make a profit on the transfer of the site to another person or persons.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks.

I love slalom.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:47 am

Good.

We are all human the way I see it, all have faults, all have some positive attributes.

Although I got the site up and running without Jani's direct help, if it wasn't for him, I would not have had the interest in doing so. When he decided to help me with the esthetic and the details, the thing took off...

Jani and Hans, I would apologize to you if I thought I needed to back when ever. On any account, if you are reading, please find this a sincere apology if your feelings got hurt for what ever reasons. If not, no worries, it's all good.

It would be nice to see him back, I hold no ill will towards him, we are just very different. No one needs to apologize to me for anything. Be who you are and learn what you can, teach what you will, matters not to me.

I do love slalom skateboarding but I will not be so involved in it any longer. It is no longer such a serious event in my life. I can't wait until I start getting those thoughts of wanting to practice with my friends here in Phoenix again. I'm hoping this will come soon but for now, life has things that I need to address (mariage date, soaring, pop warner football for my Jacob)

Be good,

adam

p.s. I sold a bunch of slalom boards for about $600, it was amazing to me. There are guys out there who love the sport and have disposable income for this sort of thing. That is about the ammount that Jack wants, I'm sure he wants to see it in good hands. Three of you with $200 a piece could form a group and there you have it. Good luck and have fun.

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:53 am

Adam, I have no ill will against you. You and Jack did what you thought was the right thing with the transfer of the sites ownership. I didn't think it was the right thing to do but no reason to apologize for that. We just had different opinions.

I have already tried, with great stubbornness, to make my point of view with a wider base of ownership but without success. One can only bang ones head against the wall for a certain period of time. I have turned my energy towards other slalom projects for now. My view is still the same though but my energy is elsewhere for the moment.

But what I understand there are more and more people starting to be ready to give a helping hand. Many hands are needed to get a stable management for this forum and things that might lay in its future.

P.S. Whish you the best for your marriage. I haven't come that far in life yet. My "fiancé" even have stopped worrying about it. The day I will grow up (i.e. quit skateboarding?) getting married will certainly be the first thing to do.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:41 pm

Cool, good hearing from you.

My fiance' likes the skateboarding, paragliding, kitesurfing and she likes it that I put her first along with my children before any sport or hobby. This is my second mariage, the first one died because I lost who I was, I started growing up losing who I was and I changed while she was changing, too much change.

Now we are all friends, the ex, the fiance' and we all are on the best of terms, I like the ex more now than I have ever because now I respect her. It's all good and I see similarities in skateboard communities as well.

I hope you continue with your efforts in Slalom! and it would be a good thing for the community to have this to reflect, this is a good project.

So it's back to square one.

Good luck to all of you,

adam