Time zone setting

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Time zone setting

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:54 pm

I'm trying to get the time zone setting right of the forum and I will attempt to update the individual time zone setting of each of your profiles.

If the time displayed below the Slalom! logo is not correct, please check and correct the timezone setting in your own profile.

Somehow getting this correct in a virtual world isn't that easy. It started when I was asked for the time zone of the forum during the upgrade. I had no idea what to answer. Was it asking for where I was sitting while doing the upgrade, or where the provider hosting the database is (which I don't know). I thought a good idea would be to set it Greenwich Mean Time being some kind of neutral reference.

Hopefully I'll get it right today.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:03 pm

Jani,

There are many good features in this newer Forum version that you just switched over too.

Here in California it was GMT -7hrs for Pacific Standard Time and I originally just set it that way in my Profile and it has worked fine from the start.

But last night we changed our clocks back and it is now GMT-8hrs for Pacific Standard Time.

Keep up the great work and THANKS!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:14 pm

I thought I would be able to change a general setting and the clock would be automatically updated for all. I've tried, but it doesn't seem so.

I have manually set all the time zones for all of you the best I could, but I have surely made mistakes. Please correct them yourselves.

France and the rest of EU changed over last night as well, so the US and the EU seems to be in harmony on this practice.

/Jani