Searching the updated Forum

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Searching the updated Forum

Post by Rick Stanziale » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:02 am

Go to the search page, enter an "*" where it asks for "Author", and click search.

Glenn S

Re: Searching the updated Forum

Post by Glenn S » Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:29 am

Rick Stanziale wrote:Go to the search page, enter an "*" where it asks for "Author", and click search.
Rick, you figured this out with the older version 1 forum, that you posted here: viewtopic.php?t=723&highlight=search

Just curious where you found this trick out?

I just wish there was a one click button for this type of search at the top of the page.

Thanks!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:24 pm

I'd suggest you add a selection of last '7 days' or something similar to your wildcard searches to return a limited set of posts. Like that you have a chance to actually go through those. I'd expect it to take less resources from the server as well. It look as if the open wildcard search was a bit slow to get started.

Another interesting detail is the URL that Glenn just posted. He probably obtained that URL by searching for the word search. As that word is now part of the URL when you follow his URL you will see that every search word in the posts are highlighted. Pretty cool and allows for fast scanning of posts.