A call for photographs and articles...

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

A call for photographs and articles...

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:46 pm

As we build each new issue of Slalom [online] I would like to invite each and every one of you to write an article or send in a photograph and submit it for publication.

I would simply ask that your article or photograph be on slalom skateboarding, any aspect. I think it would be neat to read your story next to some of the "names" in the sport.

A suggestion: One of the easiest articles to make is an "interview" of one of your friends who is a slalom enthusiast. Write down word for word your conversation, they will often come out much better than writing down a question then presenting this to the person you are interviewing. For a photograph, climb up in a tree (be careful) and take an "overview" of the course and someone in it. These are good shots that are rarely taken of slalom.

Write the article, what ever your topic, and "cut and paste" it into the body of a e-mail, attach any jpg images to that e-mail and send them to me. I will be happy to put together your article in html format, if you know how to do this, then go ahead and send the URL and I will take care of the rest.

Please make sure that your article is yours and that it has not been published anywhere else.

Thank you very much and we look forward to getting each new issue out to you.

Tim Keasbey

Post by Tim Keasbey » Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:43 pm

Be glad to, I often photograph our DC Crew happenings. Below is a link to a quick and dirty website about the MSSS in fayetteville a few weeks ago.

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/msss

-Timbobwei

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:48 pm

Very nice story about our subject. Thanks for posting the link, weather (pun intended) we host your story or not makes no difference. I appreciate the link, no doubt.

I like riding and reading about slalom skateboarding and your story is VERY palatable in regards to the weather and racing.
Tim Keasbey wrote:Be glad to, I often photograph our DC Crew happenings. Below is a link to a quick and dirty website about the MSSS in Fayetteville a few weeks ago.

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/msss

-Timbobwei

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Dec 30, 2002 7:36 pm

The year 2002 is coming to an end and as we enter into 2003 it's time to continue building this site.

All ideas and contributions are welcome!

Slalom! magazine started out in 1986 with the idea that each country produces a one page story (article/interview/board review or similar) for each issue to tell others what is going on in their country. The idea was that generating one page of content would be easy enough for anybody, while creating a whole magazine would be quite a task.

The forum of this website today allows the story to be told in the various forum threads. Although this is an unbeatable form of content generation I still believe we need articles (from races, about locations, about riding), interviews (with famous and less famous racers) and even introductory topics such as "How to learn how to slalom", "How to choose a suitable deck", "How to choose suitable wheels" etc.

If it's winter where you are and you can't skate, this is an excellent time to help us build useful content for this site that can help inspire new skaters visiting this site to find out more about this sport.

Send articles in an email as unformatted text or in a Word document. Send pictures in any resolution and we'll re-format them. Don't worry about the layout, we can help you with that to give the site a consistent look and feel.

If you want to re-format and optimize images yourself to fit the format we currently use, create images of one of these sizes:

Large photos: width=440 pixels
Narrow photos: width=220 pixels

The height of the photos are only important if you want to place two 220 pixels on the same row. You choose the height.

Looking forward to hear from you (email me at: Jani@SlalomSkateboarder.com)!

Wishing you all the very best for the New Year and let's work together towards making 2003 the slalom year!