SlalomSkateboarder.com is one year old

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:12 pm

Hello all.

Jani sent an e-mail to me today chit chatting about upcoming plans for http://www.slalomskateboarder.com We will be working to upgrade the way the site displays the messages and make the front page more of a "portal" instead of the direction of a interzine. Don't worry, we are not going to interject business into our plans. The site will remain non-commercial and you won't be seeing any banners or buisiness intruding on our love for the sport and reporting on it...

August 1st marks the one year anniversary of http://www.slalomskateboarder.com I think we have come a long way.

We continue to grow in membership and the numbers of viewers who have not registered their names and actually contribute is outstanding! Only one person has been not allowed to post and the reasons why have been kept in the database for all to see. There have only been one or two posts deleted and this has been due to technical difficulties and momentary lack of poor judgement on my part, NOT due to arbitrary choices in editing. You have been a great bunch, let's keep it going in that direction.

The domain registration just got paid for another year and I continue to pay for the site costs each month. This is not too much of a problem to me although my own personal life has not been all smooth. Every once and a while a kind manufacture offers a gift and this really makes the site pay for itself in my eyes.

Some things I hope happen in the future.

I would like to see someone take the responsibility of organizing a high quality vinyl sticker for the site. I am not able to put it all together to do this yet I can contribute a small donation to this project.

I would like to see that all of you out there for what ever reason you are not posting your opinions here at http://www.slalomskateboarder.com and are posting at the other site to forgive and forget or ??? the reasons why you don't post here.

If I have pissed you off for being me, I apologize. This is NOT my web site, it is the world of skateboard slalom online. Jani, Steffen and I along with many many others in the industry and beyond are working to give you a good platform for your thoughts on the sport. If you have a new product or web site on skateboard slalom, use this web site to promote your interests. Invest a little time here, it doesn't cost you a thing except your time and that is quite a valuable asset in our view.

Best Regards to all of you,

adam trahan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adam trahan on 2003-07-23 12:14 ]</font>

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:26 pm

I'll do the stickers (for your site) :smile: . Sorry for the delay.

Happy Birthday SS.com!

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:39 pm

Apology accepted but not necessary.

I realize that this is a huge project and it is posible that it will consume too much of your time as well.

No worries Vlad, I quite enjoy your participation and help. Brush up on your html, ftp and thicken your skin and you will find yourself the editor and me, editor emiritus.