[2011] Texas Sizzler, Houston, March 26-27 [MAIN]

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Greg Stubbs

Post by Greg Stubbs » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:20 pm

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy wrote:heres one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS6hkEiX_xU
That's Dustin Dixon, downhiller, and this was his first slalom contest. He's going to be good. I saw him come out of the prize truck with a slalom deck.

Greg Stubbs

Post by Greg Stubbs » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:21 pm

I posted this on the Fish and thought I'd do so here....

Another great race, fo sho! This Sizzler was certainly different and I think maybe the best one yet! They seem to get better and better each year. Marcos...YOU deserve many acolades. I know you were stressing at times but it was well worth it. That hill is absolutely fabulous. Formula One race track surface is choice!!! Thank you, Marcos and all my fellow Outlaw bros. You too, Eddy. Without you I would not even be racing.

Thanks again to Gesmer for making another Sizzler. He does such a good job.

Thanks to all the racers that travelled to get here, without you guys it's just a Texas Outlaws gathering. Thank you for getting to Texas and participating.

I'm really stoked about all the new faces this year as much as anything. New blood is constantly needed in anything and the race world is no different.

Special personal thanks go out to C-Bark, Pirnack and Stryker for helping me dial in my front Radikal. I am a JUST SHOW UP AND RIDE kinda guy and obviously don't pay enough attention to my equipment. You guys are leaders in this little race world and the info you guys pass down is invaluable. Thank you for helping me be at least half way competitive. You guys are all too cool.

Mclaren brothers and DOM: Are you guys even human? I mean, come on....watching you guys roll is an honor. Joe Mclaren is so fast it's hard to comprehend. So is DOM. And Dom is such a talented rider the guy rode every single race with his GS board....26" wheelbase for each race, folks, including tight. Whatever.....

I took a few pics with my Blackberry, nothing like what Aria got, but here they are....

Hollien and Pirnack

Joe BLUR Mclaren

Pete THE CUBAN MISSLE Cardenas with his version of coneheading. Way to pay attention, Pete.

Mclaren makin' that money

DOM made some too

C-Bark also collected some coin

Trophies

Prize closet

Pirnack took home this year's Cockfight Skateboards COCKGNAR award for GNARLIEST ACT OF SKATEBOARDING. First he broke his kingpin on his front truck dropping in on the 9 foot ramp, digging his truck into the track surface and running out his fall at 20 mph. I'm sure his feet are still bruised. THEN, after fixing his truck he gets back up on the big ramp, rolls in and WILSONS (board shoots out from underneath of him) and he slides about 5 feet on his back across the track. Dave Pirnack, you deserved that award.

Karl Floitgraf (or PUSgraf as he is now known) took home the Cockfight Skateboards ROADKILL award for most ridiculous slam of the weekend. Karl decided to roll downhill while looking back uphill and ended up paying the price. He managed to sit in my wife's nice lawn chairs and get puss-stains on each of them. PUSGRAF!!!!

I snagged a 2nd place trophy for the Hybrid B. These were made by Glenn SA DITCH Bukowski, all from recycled street decks. They still had the grip tape on one side. Very cool, Glenn!

Crowd shots

Gumby

I snagged a Sk8Kings deck on a trip through the prize truck and had Richie sign it. Thank you Sk8Kings for making it out again.

It was really great to meet a lot of you for the first time and we missed a lot of you that could not make it this year. Hopefully everyone will be out for next year's Sizzler.

Here's a couple that Aria shot of me, one of which is the Skatercross with Earl Cephas...

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Thank you Texas Outlaws and all who help support their race this year. You are one of the few remaining groups that are still putting on a big race. I know you are all tired, but wanted to let you know how much DP & I enjoyed the event. Keep your stoke!

That hill is epic! It's really hard to find something that you can run all the disciplines on, but you have found a jewel. I am going to send an email to the contact for the venue.

I got to help a lot of riders with their gear and that was the highlight for me. It was rad to see the big improvement in some of the Outlaws that used to be newbies. Big Ryan, Biscuits, Gumby, and many others were really charging hard all weekend.

Special thanks to OTC teammate DP for dragging me off the couch. I needed that...

Steve Pederson
Steve
Steve

Post by Steve Pederson » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks for the fun race!

I finally have some video uploaded. I had a good soundtrack with classic texas punk but youtube deleted it. So here's an edit with some live Ramones recordings. Youtube doesn't delete the Ramones.

Slalomcross and Giant Slalom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZPWZ102FqI

Hybrid and Tight Slalom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOcBEMm_H4M

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:59 pm

What John Stryker entered the event? The younger or the older?

Earl Cephas

Post by Earl Cephas » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:44 am

Older - not that he's actually "old"...

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Sizzler Tees

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:12 am

Miss the Sizzler? We're sorry, want a contest shirt? we got them 12$ shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states. others places please e-mail q.sizzler@gmail.com we have
3 small
5 Medium
13 Large

PayPal money to midwiferhi@gmail.com

All money goes to finish paying for this years Sizzler and next year's too.
All shirts are sold on a 1st come 1st serve basis please include your adress with your payment.
As Luck would have it . . .