Slalom dying in Mississippi

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Demetrius zouboukos

Slalom dying in Mississippi

Post by Demetrius zouboukos » Tue May 19, 2009 4:03 am

I live in Jackson and I can remember lots of people slaloming and their was the Luna slalom jam once a year. Since 05 it's been going downhill! Now I find myself skating alone most of the time. Help needed. I'm just a 16 year old kid who loves to skate

Ricky Byrd
ByrdDog
ByrdDog

Post by Ricky Byrd » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Demetrius, If don't want it to die... don't let it.

I see you around and you don't say anything to me about wanting to skate like you do on this forum. I know your a quiet guy, so am I, but you use to show up on the hill and just sit and watch. Now you're fired up about the scene dying...

You have to post up a session and see who shows up like I did for so long.

Skating alone ain't so bad although it does get old. Sometimes it's what I liked about it, the solitude of chasing that perfect run, the silent contemplation of the last run as you walk back up for another. It's part of it. Enjoy the peace & quiet, and watch out what you ask for... you might get it along with all the drama.

Let's use this thread to post up sessions... I like the title, so let's use it.

I'll get this started...

Session at Madlands, Sunday afternoon, March 7th, between 1:00 and 2:00, if the weather permits. I think I've got cones...

You said in another thread you have a hill. Where? I'm a bit burnt on Madlands so if you've got one, let's hear it.

Demetrius zouboukos

Post by Demetrius zouboukos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Yes your definatly right about everything you said. I skated alot last summer by myself but like you said it can get old and I haven't skated since then. But I'll definatly come out this Sunday and skate. I've got some cones I'll bring too.
I think I had found another hill but I forgot where it was. Ill start looking for another

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Luna Slalom Jam 2010. Is it going to happen Ricky. I am down. April ? Do it Ricky. If it is April 25th even better my Birthday. LSJ good memories. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Glenn Bukowsky

Post by Glenn Bukowsky » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:23 am

I'd be down for that too, Eddy!

Vaya con Huevos,
Glenn
Vaya con Huevos

Skatin' Tejas since 1975

Ricky Byrd
ByrdDog
ByrdDog

Post by Ricky Byrd » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:05 pm

I have been looking at a new hill myself and... I remember where it is. We may ride over there and test it out. Not far from Madlands.

It's going to be tough to skate Sunday. As of right now, I'm still down. It will be the first weekend in a while with good weather and I've got a new motorcycle... just saying...

Eddy, Luna in April is not happening. We do plan on the Super Jam, Slalomcross Friday, run cones Saturday (small race maybe) then to Raddogies for ramp riding campout. Tentitive date for this is May 8th.

What I may start working on is reviving LSJ for sometime in October. I believe October is wide open for a US race, most have already been forced to stop skating due to weather so it would be one last hoorah for the year. There is a street festival in Ridgeland called Jackson Street Festival and it's ripe for a race. Ridgeland is already in tune with us so permitting would easy, especially under the umbrella of the festival.

Check out festival description here:
http://www.jackpedia.com/index.php/wiki ... _Festival/

Only way I would pursue this is if I knew I had a good team behind me for support on race day. I would like to have someone come in and run the timing is the main thing. Let's talk big boy!

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:21 pm

Ricky Byrd wrote: What I may start working on is reviving LSJ for sometime in October. .... Let's talk big boy!
Check with Wesley to make sure South Carolina has a home game and I'll schedule the Red Clay Cup for the same day.

Big Boy ;)

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:46 pm

66 . . . that bastard!!

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:11 pm

Eddy Martinez wrote:Luna Slalom Jam 2010. Is it going to happen Ricky. I am down. April ? Do it Ricky. If it is April 25th even better my Birthday. LSJ good memories. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.
That'd be a great time!!
HOSS

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Rick Stanziale wrote:
Ricky Byrd wrote: What I may start working on is reviving LSJ for sometime in October. .... Let's talk big boy!
Check with Wesley to make sure South Carolina has a home game and I'll schedule the Red Clay Cup for the same day.

Big Boy ;)
Ah 66 nice to know that your sarcastic ass is still out there! :)

Ricky whatever whenever I'll be there to help and to skate.
As Luck would have it . . .