The 1st Annual Downhillbillies Dixie Cup November 5,6, 2005

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Scott Snow

Post by Scott Snow » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:07 pm

Good luck to all this weekend. The more I read the sicker I get. Wish I could have joined y'all. It's sounds like too much fun will be had. I'll try to find that bottle of Everclear and hoist a toast to everyone. Have a great time and don't be careful.
Scooter

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:19 pm

Dudes,
I am not stressing over the points thing...just find the whole thing surreal. This is our first race, in a town that has never seen a race, with a bunch of guys putting it together who have never seen a race, and we have riders coming in from 18 states, over 30 sponsors, city government support, city park and rec support (in two cities), 50 competitors, basically every Canadien slalom skater, moonshine jugs for trophies, a bunch of other crazy shit, and a freakin international discussion over the points status of the race.....Dudes, I am just waiting on the guy with the backpack from the Twilight Zone to come around the corner any time........

Stoke to the max I am....stoked to the freakin MAX!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:27 pm

Hey soldier, do you know whose in command here?

Ain't you?

Mike Cividino

Post by Mike Cividino » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:52 pm

YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS, my birth certificate finally came in the mail today..no more owrries about not being allowed to cross the border. My passport in no good and I lost my old birth cert ages ago. So I join Marion in being STOKED TO THE FREAKING MAX!!

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:59 pm

Marion Karr wrote:Dudes,
Dudes, I am just waiting on the guy with the backpack from the Twilight Zone to come around the corner any time........
haha, loved that image.

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:04 pm

Marion Karr wrote:basically every Canadien slalom skater
Mmmmmh... You're underestimating our numbers, dude :). You may have the best ones showing (except for Pierre who can't go) but certainly not all of them. I know at least 20 frenchies from Quebec and Montreal that won't be there but would kill to be. We'll try to change that for next year... :D

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:06 pm

Mig,
Dude, I meant to type English Canadien slalom skaters...no disrepect intended...and dude, I wish you boys where here! Remember I begged!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:35 pm

Yah its a real shame I can't learn more tricks from kebbekwas in NC. But I guess it would be kinda selfish to expect 3 sessions with them in your first season!

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:36 pm

No, nooo... none taken Marion! It's just that I would like so much to be there with you guys, it's pissing me off! :( I almost put up my Sims Lonnie Toft 8 wheeler for sale to finance part of the trip but couldn't get myself to do it...

I know you begged but It wasn't possible for me this year. I will do everything I can to be there for the next one. :)

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:02 am

EXACTLY 24 HOURS UNTIL THE START OF THE FREAK BROS/DHB FRIDAY NIGHT OUTLAW kicking off the 1st Annual Dixie Cup Weekend!

Who's DOWN?

And the crowd screams, "WE ARE FREAKIN DOWN!!!!"

There will be no updates tomorrow! Its ON! Call me and leave a message on my mobile, 704-657-9531. I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

See you at the Outlaw or at Registration!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:26 pm

7:30 am

Time to go pick up Greg and Steve

700 miles to the last big race of 2005

See y'all tonight

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Have fun!!

Post by Martin Drayton » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:18 pm

So excited for you guys, sounds like an instant classic...just all getting to hang out together will be a blast!
Good luck Marion, I'm sure everything will go smoothly...wish I could be there to add some extra "colour" to the event ;)
SK8 safe everyone, make some turns for those of us who would love to have been there!

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Got NO WORDS LEFT OTHER THAN>>>>>>>

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:27 am

IT TOTALLY FREAKIN BLEW UP!

Pumkin Fest EXPLODED!

Hobby Park EXPLODED!

All Y'all FREAKIN ROCK!

The best quote of the weekend was from my daughters friend, "Mr. Karr you have some cool friends!"

Yeah, Dixie Cup proved it. All Y'all are those friends!

THANK YOU!
PTBDHB
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:42 am

WOW

Marion had the best prepped race I've ever been to. I envy the community of skateboarders, the DHB's, that I met this weekend. Cool bunch of guys, a time capsul of a 1950's town, lots of spectators that stuck with us, fun courses, and a world class GS today.

I'll post something witty tomorrow, but tonight I just wanted to be serious and sincere. Congratulations to Marion Karr, the DHB's and their friends and families. Your race kicked serious ass.

Joe -DHB Wannabe

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:41 pm

Joe Iacovelli wrote:WOW

Marion had the best prepped race I've ever been to. I envy the community of skateboarders, the DHB's, that I met this weekend. Cool bunch of guys, a time capsul of a 1950's town, lots of spectators that stuck with us, fun courses, and a world class GS today.

I'll post something witty tomorrow, but tonight I just wanted to be serious and sincere. Congratulations to Marion Karr, the DHB's and their friends and families. Your race kicked serious ass.

Joe -DHB Wannabe
Yah, this race was all about class. From a letter from the mayor, to a helicopter flyby, a punk rock mosh pit, the pre-packaged pickle, all night skating at a completely occupied hotel, to the honorable sportsmanship of one Tod Oles. Class, class, class.

I can't explain how much stoke I feel from this race. Sludging through the long hard winter is gonna be that much more painfull after hobby park! Thanks a freakin busload Marion you can bet I (and most likely the rest of the canucks) will be back next year!

I'm uploading my pictures to my server, and I'll post em when done.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

BOOM!!!!!

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:06 pm

Man it took three showers to get all of the stoke that exploded Friday, Saturday & Sunday. What an absolute ball. From the Freak Bros. running a great outlaw to that Saturday race thet NO ONE will ever forget being at (How can you forget .006?) to the Sunday GS at Hobby to watching our host THROW IT DOWN in the downhill.

I wish you could have all seen Marion's face when he saw that he was not in first after the first run of the downhill. The resolve it showed left me no doubt that he was going big. He did and no one could touch the time. MAN that was awesome!!!!!!!!

Quote of the weekend. "This hill is like an orgasm.....It feels so good but it's over so quick.." Compliments of our 1st place winner Noah. I about fell out of my chair on that one....

There is so much to talk about. Any body else got any favorite quote? And how about MC Mollica? I haven't stopped laughing about Marion Berry since Saturday!

The coolest thing is that I am a "Legacy"

It was great to see all of the old friends and make new ones too. Let's see what everyone else thought.
La Costa Boy For Life

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:06 pm

here are all my pics from the weekend, the small ones are thumbnails for the movies I took, which I'll put up momentarily :D enjoy!

http://lsv.stylesunknown.com/directive0 ... iecup.html

(civ's telling me it doesn't work for him...)

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:08 pm

Hey Canadian Chris...your link works great....for all the talk of hobby hill....picture number 122 says it best....before you think it's "any old hill"...those 4 cones on the left hand side on the bottom (across from the guy with the red shirt, jeans and white hat) are on flat land.....that gives a great shot of the pitch of this hill....insane.

what a friggin riot

what a race

the DHB's pulled off a grand slam at the end of the season

thanks again guys

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:10 am

the pics were so really good until i reach pic 81, when i hit next a powerful virus got into my pc and shut it off.
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Great shots

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:15 am

Chris,

The link worked perfectly, which says a lot about Civ's computer & skills.

I was looking for a pic of the brat though.
La Costa Boy For Life

Ron Olsen

Dixie Cup video

Post by Ron Olsen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:34 am

Here's all the video I got over the weekend. You'll notice large gaps, I got busy racing and didn't get to shoot any. Almost no GS runs recorded...but...I did get Marion's Downhill runs included:

http://65.6.149.248/dixiecup.htm

The link for the video is down at the bottom of the page.

If anyone want's to post this on a web host somewhere, you have my permission.

RonO

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:51 am

so what were the results?

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:15 am

If you look up the word "Stoke" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of Marion and his happy crew of DHB's.

Everything posted here about the race, I second! The camraderie at this event reminded me of the 2001 Worlds.

An absolutely amazing weekend.

All I can add is, you better sigh up early next year!

A big thank you to my employer, Mark McCree, for making it possible for me to race in these events.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

results

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:24 am

I just TT Marion. He is suffering from post stoke OD withdrawls. He said that full results will show by the end of the week. Be kind, he was suffering the shakes from the DT's today....Give the man time to recover.
La Costa Boy For Life

Brent

Thanks.....

Post by Brent » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:16 pm

First off, I want to thank Civ and Jeff for hooking a brotha up! I will be racing next year so watch out…the cones will be flying, check your welcome bags for eye protection.

Secondly, I want to thank everyone for all the kind words and compliments on our first ever race. We, the DHB really went into this thing with very little knowledge of how to put on a race but we knew that we wanted to make The Downhillbillies Dixie Cup something to remember. Phone calls, advice, imagination, creativity, energy, emotion, hard work and a lot of understanding from wives and girlfriends went into putting on the Dixie Cup and it was worth every late night, every early morning, every letter written, every phone call made, every nail hammered and every ass chewing on the home front.

I know that I speak for all the “core” DHB when I say that the real thanks needs to go to the friends, families and riders who took a chance and traveled from various parts of Canada and all over the U.S. to an event put on by a group of southern hillbillies who had never put on a race before. So a big thanks to all of you who traveled from near and far to the Downhillbillies Dixie Cup and helped make it one hell of a good time.

See you next year…..if not sooner……. PTBDHB

Brent Griffith
Downhillbillies Race Promotions
SAPCO Guitarist
New slalom rider

Tom Thompson

Vid

Post by Tom Thompson » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:04 pm

Cool vid Ronnie....Setzer and slalom works for me!

Great racing too bro. You were solid all weekend.

Ron Olsen

My call outs!

Post by Ron Olsen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:13 pm

Thanks Tom Thompson for the inspiration and skating tips. Nice call on the bushings for Sunday.

Marty - thanks for the call out on NCDSA. We are quite a pair, and you are rockin the A group bro, it's just a matter of time now and you'll crack the top.

66: I didn't make my best run in practice. Thanks.

Keith Hollien: Thank you for your advice! This guy is pure class.

DHB's:

Marion, Rookie (60" slalom board!!), Brent, DHOLT!, SST, E, Evan, Jaybird (C Group champion!), Mark the rampbuilder (ramps were awesome, and I hope your Mom is ok). To the wives, familys and others, thanks for supporting the DHB crew.

I told Brian Parsons on Saturday, that riding Hobby Park last spring with him, the GA. boys, John Dillon, WT, and the DHB's was the best day of skateboarding in my life. Well... Sunday, Nov. 6 is now the best day. I can't wait to go back.

To everyone I talked with, new friends and old, Thanks, it was GREAT!

RonO

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:47 pm

Well, I have tried my best to stay away from the computer since Sunday but my phone has been ringing off the hook and I just couldn't help myself. A great deal of you have said some incredibly great things about this past weekend and I am humbled by them. I am very glad that you all had such a great time, enjoyed our venues, enjoyed our food, and got stoke fuel not only spewed all over you but also lit in to a raging blaze!
I have so many people to thank I will not go into that here (5000 character spaces wouldn't come close). I will do that individually as I recover from the weekend and catch up at my real job that has been neglected a great deal this last two months.
I do however, want to make sure that all of you understand why this weekend was so successful and who was responsible. I want to personally thank Brent Griffith, Darren Holt (Dholt), Rookie Rudisill, Shannon St. Claire (SST), Jay Mishoe (Jaybird and C Group Champ), Mark Nix (Mr. Ramp), Eric Ciampanella (Lil E), Evan St. Claire (Mac T), Dex (Dex Skateboards),Wesley Tucker. Without these guys efforts no matter how obsessive/compulsive I might be this weekend would have not happened! These Guys are an amazing group of men who I am so blessed to call my friends. I love this group of people and they deserve ALL the credit. Most had never even seen a slalom race before yet worked tirelessly to make it big! The DHB is a group of exceptional people.

To all the racers that came: You are all awesome....and as I said Saturday night you have all become DHB and Legacy attendees of the future Dixie Cups!

To the winners: Mollica: Man you ride fast in the dark! Can you have a bum knee next year so I can have you as the MC for Saturday?...talk about a town never being the same! (I also had fun fussing with you Sunday...LOL)
CBark: You know you're my new bro and man you and Jason battled it out! What a race on Saturday and I am glad you didn't get too hurt in your crash on Sunday but I am not sure if BP's timing system will completely recover!
Noah: Ever since we met at Athens I have liked you! Dude you killed it Sunday and you sure scared me in the Downhill!
Jason: Overall World Champ represented! Way to win the overall at the first Dixie Cup! You totally rock...but I wouldn't try out for "So You Think You Can Dance".
Jack Smith: Dude shows up on Thursday, share's his knowledge and stoke and goes on to podium not once but twice! GEEZ! Thanks Jack. Especially for calming me down a few times.

Other Key People:
Keith-dude, you will never know how much your support means to me.
Tway, Cfav, Cnova: Dudes, you saved my ass! I owe you BIG!
Joe I: Dude, you were one of the first to get me jacked up on this thing called slalom....you're the best...but leave those ugly ass britches at home next year!
Bobby Mandarino: Do you ever stop smiling?

My GASS Boys: Marty, Ron, and Tom...I consider you teammates and brothers.
DAVE G: DAmn dude, glad you came....thanks for all of your hard work.
The Canadien Contingency: All I can say is I wish you were all closer so we could ride together more than a few times a year! Awesome group!
ALL THE SPONSORS: Thank you for trusting we would put on a race worthy of your support. Later this week Promotions will shout it from the roof tops who all was involved! We had an amazing amount of stuff to hand to the deserving riders and it would not have been possible without your sponsorship!

I could go on an on...(yeah, I heard one of you tell me to shut up under your breath..you know who you are). I am sure I am leaving someone out. I hope you all know how much I care about you.

Thank you for making the 1st Annual Dixie Cup a huge success! We look forward to seeing you next year........the wheels are already turning...
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Mike Ohm

pUmPcoNe

Post by Mike Ohm » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:26 pm

Marion and the DHB's, I can't think of a better way to finish off the season than racing for the Dixie Cup!!!!! Stoked to the Max..Stoked to the Freakin' Max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for everything!

Sign me up for next year.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

NO to number 1

Post by Marty Schaub » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:43 am

Sorry Mike,

You can't claim my #1 slot that easy. I intend to have the #1 bib every year they have a race. DHB racer FOR LIFE!!!!!
La Costa Boy For Life

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:06 am

Marion....DHB's....you put on a great show....i could say what the others have said about this past weekend, but i'll let the pictures do the talking...and if you weren't there.....this is the kind of stuff you missed

This is the link to the rest:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v228/KCRC ... 5/?start=0

I tried to get as many races as i could, but the truth is this race ran so smoothly and there was so little time between runs that it was difficult...if i missed ya, i apologize...

Lookin forward to seein' ya all again next year...around the horn and wrapping it up again at the pumpcone..

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

We're Baaaaaaaaaaack!

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:08 am

MB & I just got home and we just want to say what a great time we had. Marion and the DHB crew did such a great job on the event. Tucker nice great work with eveything as well.

We will have to start calling Kenny Mr. MC soon, EH! Dave Gale sorry we didn't get to say goodbye. I know you won't be reading this either so someone pass on the message.

Congrats to everyone that was part of the event and I can't wait till next season already. Ha! I need a rest.
Many Happy Pumps!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

What's REALLY important

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:31 am

So, was Fat Boys worth the drive to Mooresville? And who's inclined to do it again?

Damn, those pork ribs were good!

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:54 am

Who won the Pavel Board ?

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:32 pm

Greg Fadell!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

food lion park

Post by William Tway » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:50 pm

Jaybird...quit your job and come back to Asheville to get you some more. This park is too much damn fun. Rode my Fatboy on the upper section yesterday and was way smoother than on my park rig. A few locals showed me the kine lines in the bottom bowl where I carved until my legs gave out. See you this afternoon around 2pm. The stoke continues....

Marion, Call all the DHBs, grab your park board and take the afternoon off. Shred all day and wind down with a relaxing dinner at the Grove Park Inn before heading back to Statesville.

tway
917-364-5987

Troy Smart

Post by Troy Smart » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:50 pm

Had an excellent time at the Dixie Cup.
Came home with something I should'nt have though. (too high on STOKE to realize it at the time). Dipshit.
Anyway... Who set those courses? They were all fun as hell and some of the best courses I have experienced.

Friday and Sunday were particularlly fun (and fast).

Marion, you're f#*n awsome. As well as the rest of the DHB Crew.

Lets do it again next weekend ok?

By the way, that Pavel was beautiful. Fadell is a lucky (and very fast) dood.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Courses

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:56 pm

Troy,

Friday: Marion
Saturday: Marion
Sunday: Marion, Marty Schaub and moi

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Question

Post by Marty Schaub » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:29 am

A quick question for the more knowledgeable folks. When is the last time a Major was held anywhere in the Eastern US? East of the Mississippi? East of California?

Marion, can ya tell where I'm going with this?
La Costa Boy For Life

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Can I Guess?

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:48 am

Eh! Can I? Can I? Can I?

Nowhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many Happy Pumps!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Major Racing In The East

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:59 am

Marty,

I'll take a stab at it.

Akron 1978 was a major.

From what I can ascertain, I think Mt. Trashmore in 1991 (?) was a major. At least as major as anything that went on beween 1982 and 2001.

Since then, races have been on par with Da' Farm, Mississippi, Boston, West Virginia, Chicago Red Clay and now The Dixie Cup. FCR never came East and I don't think anyone organized a full two-day event until this year's Farm and Dixie Cup. St. Louis this year was two days, but I'm not sure about years past.

If there was anything more major than Akron and Trashmore, I don't know what it could be. Hell, I don't even know how major Trashmore was, only that it seemed like all the surviving major racers took advantage of it to run cones against someone.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Hooo Kay

Post by Marty Schaub » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:15 pm

Wes,

So your telling me that I took 26 years off from racing and was still a competitor in the last major held east of the whatever? WOW!!!

Corky has opened up the debate by saying it's up to US to decide what race get's what. We need to get those that are going to have races in 2006 to at least post dates so this can be reviewed and decided.

Texas, Luna, Athens, Kenny Ohio, Chicago, St. Louis, W. Va, etc. We really need to get dates in order to debate & set "Our" rankings. (Is Texas included in our area? What about Claude in Toronto?)

You see I may have just shown my lack of knowledge, but the truth is that today is November 10th. The 2006 season starts in 4-5 short months, that's only 16 - 20 practice Saturday's for me.

I would love to plan out my year or at least get an idea.

WHADDAYALLTHINK???

M
La Costa Boy For Life

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

2nd Annual Downhillbillies Dixie Cup

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:46 pm

Just got off the phone to confirm with the Statesville Chamber of Commerce regarding next year's Pumkin Festival. The date is November 4th, 2006. (Pumpkin Festival is traditionally the first weekend after Halloween...that's how we get all the free pumpkins.)

Mark your calendars now! The 2nd Annual Downhillbillies Dixie Cup will be held on November 3rd, 4th, and 5th, 2006 in Sk8tesville and Winston-Slalom, North Carolina.

Should we start a new string for this ?
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:50 pm

Start a new thread.
Apply For Prime Status.
Brew up some sweet tea. And tell the folks at the Waffle House I'm sorry, jeez.

Joe

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:43 pm

Joe Iacovelli wrote:Start a new thread.
Apply For Prime Status.
Brew up some sweet tea. And tell the folks at the Waffle House I'm sorry, jeez.

Joe
hahaha, hey joe, your punishment is a date with the hair-witch.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Ottawa

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:57 pm

Marty we will host the 3rd Annual Dovercourt Open on July 1,2 and possibly the 3rd if I can get a venue for a nice GS or SGS for the 3rd.

We have run 5 events in Ottawa over the last 3 seasons. Montreal hosted the 2nd leg of one event in 2004.

The guys in Quebec City, Toronto and even Calgary are working on some stuff so we will se what turns up. There is also a Canadian race series in the works with Concrete Wave and Kebbek or PM Skateboards.

That information will be out early in the new year at the latest.

As for anything else in Ottawa next year I won't know till we dicide what we are doing with the sk8park from April till October. I'm working on a coaching program and plan to hit as many races as possibles and run coaching clinics prior to the events themselves with community centres and sk8parks.
Many Happy Pumps!

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Photo's

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:10 am

Mr Bara is there a particular reason i cam't get to the photo's. I opened and account and can't seem to get to the link.

It asks to sign in????
Many Happy Pumps!

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:05 am

I'm doing a little maintenance on it Claude....check your Email

Brent

Pictures wanted....

Post by Brent » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:31 am

If anyone has pictures of SAPCO from the party Saturday night at the Downhillbillies Dixie Cup could you please contact me. Also I need pictures from the races for an up-coming article on Hookedskateboarding.com.

PTBDHB
Brent

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:17 pm

Claude, congrats again on a killer year. You really finished it up in style! See you in the spring.
<a href="http://home.comcast.net/~slalomracing/c ... mv">Claude vs. cbark</a>