SLALOM SESSION Hobby Park, Winston Salem NC SAT June 11

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Mon May 23, 2005 10:22 pm

Marty, 66, Georgia Tom, Tucker,
Ok bros. Stealth meeting at Hobby Park...who's in? Either the weekend of June 18th or June 25 (both Saturdays). We can either shoot for Saturday or Sunday, which ever is better for you guys coming in from GA. You can drive up on Friday night ...crash at my house, ride all day Saturday...either drive back that night or crash and head out on Sunday...or do the same on Saturday. I can host up to 4 at my house.

Drop me an email and pick a date...Later bros. karr@downhillbillies.org
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Tue May 24, 2005 2:27 am

Dammit Marion!
I'm off to the Outter Banks (Avon and Frisco) for both those weekends..I spoke with a sister inlaw in Winston Salem and they live 15 minutes from Hobby Park ..soooo's I'll be a frequent visitor
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Tue May 24, 2005 3:25 am

Looks like we may be looking at the 11th instead...is that better for you guys?
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Tue May 24, 2005 7:09 am

Sounds good to me Marion.....(edit 1, mod. 2 to ref. 18.2.8, 5/25/2005 2:30pm est)
Last edited by Tom Thompson on Wed May 25, 2005 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Tue May 24, 2005 3:16 pm

The weekend of June 11th is the date! Marty are you in bro?
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Ron Olsen

Post by Ron Olsen » Tue May 24, 2005 5:13 pm

The date looks good for me. I've got it open on my calendar.

RonO

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Tue May 24, 2005 5:37 pm

Cool Ron. You can crash at the house. Tom's in...now where the heck is Marty!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Scuse meee

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue May 24, 2005 6:16 pm

Well,

If you must know I was at my oldest's fifth grade graduation. Damn ceremony took half the morning. I'll make the 11th work. Let's go racing!!!!!

Hey 6, what about you?
La Costa Boy For Life

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Tue May 24, 2005 6:39 pm

Awesome! Ok, thats Ron, Tom, and Marty! Tucker's in...sorry but I have to let him come up..(just joking Tucker). 66 said his schedule is crazy but check and see if he can get in the act.

Ok, Ron, Tom, and Marty all three crashing at my house either on Friday or Saturday night or both? Just let me know what your plans are and we will get it hooked up!

Man, I am stoked!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

When?

Post by Marty Schaub » Wed May 25, 2005 1:42 am

Ron, Thompsonsan,

I would think out Friday, whenever, skate Saturday and back Sat night or Sunday. What are your schedules like?

Also, we could meet at my house in Larryville and drive up together. I'll pony up my 97 Camry with 156K on it or if someone has a better ride? Gas would be cheaper too.

Your thoughts boys?

Oh and Ron....Did you get your Roe yet?

"Fuelin my buzz, one beer at a time"
La Costa Boy For Life

Ron Olsen

Post by Ron Olsen » Wed May 25, 2005 2:40 pm

Marty -

No Roe as of 5/24 - maybe today. I did get email last week from Gareth asking if I had received it yet - so I suppose that means he shipped it...

As to travel to NC - I agree car pooling makes a lot of sense - I can drive if you guys want, only 76K miles on my 95 Saturn. (and 30mpg HW)

Friday night travel is fine with me - we can get a full day in on Saturday starting early.

I hope to have the Roe setup and a little dialed in before the 11th.

Marty - did you get my phone numbers last week via PM? We can talk on the phone as the date gets closer. And can I say, I am really looking forward to this... I'd like to get in about 2000 runs on Saturday.

Ron

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Wed May 25, 2005 4:04 pm

Just checked with the Parks and Recs guy that controls Hobby Park and there is nothing going on at the Park on the 11th that will impede us from doing our thing. It's on!

I will send you all directions to my house. I live in Statesville so if you need to Mapquest distances that should help you. Statesville is at Exit 50 (approx. 35 miles north of Charlotte) on I-77.

Hobby Park is in Winston-Salem about 35 minutes from my house so Saturday morning we will just caravan over.

What time do you boys want to shoot for getting started? We will have to leaf blow and sweep the hill a bit before we ride it but that only takes about 30 minutes if we have two leaf blowers and a push broom.

So, to confirm, we have Ron, Marty, Ga. Tom, and Tucker....I sent an email to 66. Anyone else interested in coming in for some serious Hobby Park Slalom practice?
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Wed May 25, 2005 8:27 pm

Hey guys, not sure if a Friday departure will work for me but I'll try my best to work it out. If worse comes to worse, I can drive up early Sat, no problem....

Any chance of getting some of the Mid-Atlantic'ers to come down? Dave G, Parsons, WesE, Dillon, Vlad, etc???

Woohoo!!!!

John Dillon

That's the same wknd as the Vermont Race(Farm Series)

Post by John Dillon » Wed May 25, 2005 8:53 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmm, I was heading north that wknd to Vermont.....but, you never know, you guys are closer and I might be in New Hampshire this wknd.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Wed May 25, 2005 9:23 pm

John Dillon...I have room for one more at the house...Change your plans...come to NC and ride the Soap Box Derby Hill. It is going to be a great practice session!

Any one else that wants to come I can may be able to hook you up with a place to stay as well in one of my apartments that is coming open. No furniture but a bathroom with shower, AC, and in walking distance to my house and three bars! Bring sleeping bags and air mattresses! I need to make sure that is cool with the boss (read: wife...who happens to be our property manager).

Dave G: You are covered at the house if you can make it down.

Everyone that's coming that needs a place to crash, drop me an email to karr@downhillbillies.org so I can get a head count!

This is going to freakin Rock! And it will help us get this hill sorted out for a race this Fall!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Wed May 25, 2005 10:35 pm

Thanks for the invitation, Tom. Unfortunately I can't attend anything that weekend, unless I can be back home early Saturday evening.
Join Folding@Home for the good of humankind, or at least for your loved ones (whatever species they may be). It's easy, free and fun, too!

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Size matters

Post by Marty Schaub » Wed May 25, 2005 11:34 pm

Hey Wes,

Has anyone ever kidded you about the fact that you have really small feet? Your wife or girlfriend perhaps?

If not consider it handled.........
La Costa Boy For Life

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Tommy!!!

Post by Marty Schaub » Thu May 26, 2005 12:42 pm

Hey Tom,

Try to update us ASAP on what your travel can be. If you can't make Friday afternoon/night then maybe the three of us can do Saturday A.M.

Marion, If I remember correctly Charlotte is about a four hour drive from Atlanta's outer burbs? So if I add the extra 35 to your house we are looking at a five hour drive?

Ron, Tom.... We could leave either Friday at 6p-ish and spend Friday night and start racing early Saturday or leave Saturday morning at 6a-ish and meet at the hill at noon? Race all day Saturday and spend Saturday night? Commute back Sunday AM?

Whatchatink boys?
La Costa Boy For Life

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu May 26, 2005 1:06 pm

From the I-285/I-85 interchange (the original "Spaghetti Junction") to the I-77 interchange just barely north of Charlotte is 228 miles. It's 65/70 MPH posted all the way.

If that takes four hours, YOU'VE GOT A PROBLEM!

On I-77 up to Statesville at Exit 53 is 40 miles, so you're looking at a total of 268 miles, plus getting off the interstate and finding Marion's house. I would say the whole trip should be less than four hours DRIVING TIME. Whether or not you stop every 30 miles for munchies is your decision.

P.S. Marty, it's "Hey WesE" Let's be sure to keep the distinctions distinct around here.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Thu May 26, 2005 2:22 pm

Marty,
Sounds like MapQuest Tucker has you covered in his post but if it means anything to you I got to the Athens GS hill in about 3 hours and 20 minutes or so. I drive pretty fast when I am in the car by myself...probably ran 75+ the whole way.

Wes, no one is going to confuse you for having small feet...but they do make velcro shoes in small sizes if need be......
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:46 pm

ONLY 10 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE SOUTHERN SLALOM SYNDICATE (a coalition forming between the Redclay/Ga. Boyz and the DownHill Billies) meet to tear up Hobby Park Soap Box Derby Hill. I have confirmed with the Parks and Rec and the local bike shops that there are no planned activities at the park that day so the hill is all ours to shred!

IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION AND DIRECTIONS TO THE KARR COMPOUND:
(For those of you crashing at my house here is how to get there)

From I-77 North Bound coming for Charlotte, NC-
Take Exit 50 Broad Street Exit.
Turn Left At top of ramp.
Stay straight on Broad Street for approximately 2 miles until it terminates at Mitchell Commnity College (Downfreakintown Sk8tesville)(It will be right in front of you!)
Turn right onto Mulberry Street
Go through next intersection (West End Ave)
At next intersection you will see an Oak Tree in the middle of the road (seriously) bare left before you get to it.
At next intersection bare left onto Carrol Street.
My house is the first one on the right facing Carrol Street (514 Carrol Street)
(Brick ranchlike with window baskets, a rose garden on the right, and a big ass maple tree and crepe myrtle in the front yard)

Phone Numbers:
Mobile- Seven Zero Four Six Five Seven Nine Five Three One
Home- Seven Zero Four Eight Seven Three Four Nine Eight Seven

Marty, Tom, and Ron...anyone else ...we can take more....give me a shout!

Look forward to seeing you all there! For those of you going straight to the hill at Hobby Park MapQuest Tucker will be posting the directions!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:29 pm

Here 'ya go:

Take Exit 189 on I-40. (The Mall exit.) Take South Stratford Road SOUTH. Go to the intersection with West Clemmonsville Road (A little over a mile) and turn LEFT. Go about 2.5 miles and Hobby Park is on your left. It's only marked with a small brown sign and what looks like a driveway going straight up a hill. Watch closely or you'll miss it. Once in the park, drive straight ahead and you'll see the shelter. We park around the shelter and walk over to the hill about 50 yards away.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Thompsonsan!!!!

Post by Marty Schaub » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:44 pm

Tom,

What's up wid you? Can you make it Friday night? I would like to get out Friday around 5-6 and get to Marion's ASAP. Hang, shoot a few cold ones, sleep, get up race all day and drive home stinky......You game?

Ron...What's on your radar?

Time to plan it boys.......

Marty
La Costa Boy For Life

Ron Olsen

Post by Ron Olsen » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:09 pm

Marty -

Depending on Tom's schedule - your plan sounds fine to me. Leave Friday, skate all day Saturday (2000 runs recall...) My Roe shipped and should be here soon (in time for Saturday for sure).

I'll get out of work early and make way to your house to drive out of town. Once we here from Tom we'll figure it out from there.

Ron

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:26 pm

Hey, youse guys,

You know, there are a couple of more slalomers in Athens than just 66. Has anyone asked Low J or anyone else about making the trip? Maybe Low J has to run the shop on Saturday, but no reason not to ask him.

There's a couple of other guys around Clarke County besides 66 and Patio, but I can't remember their names. There was a real crew out that day in March running cones on Trade Street. If someone down that way could get hold of Rick, maybe he knows their e-mail addresses and such.

Also, I don't have Gary Saenz e-mail address up in Lynchburg (or Winston Salem, whereever he is currently.) I hope he gets the word about next week. After getting so bummed at the last session, a good day of running cones would do him good.

Just a thought.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

AXEing fer trouble

Post by Marty Schaub » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:00 am

Just thought I'd let you all know that I set up the AXE that I got in the Scwagfest known as the Red Clay Cup today. Let's plan on running some tight too? Anyone game?

Remember Ron needs 2K in runs and a shorter course would help him achieve that goal without passing out.

I'm just trying to be helpful.....
La Costa Boy For Life

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:11 pm

Gents, I can leave Friday night, but getting to the ATL to meet up with you guys at 5-6pm might be a challenge. I WILL do my very best to make it happen. Driving back all stinky with a fresh dose of stoke on da brain Saturday night sounds good to me!

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:20 pm

Tucker,
Gary Saenz is in for sure. I need to drop a note to Ben Barkey and Marc Fuentes to see if they can make it.

Marty,
The great part about the soap box derby hill is we can set up both a course on the big hill side and tight on the run out side. It is what we did at the last DHB jam there. Dual lane tight on one side and GS/hybrid like on the other.

Talk to you later in the week. Cold brew and some snacks will be waiting on yall Friday night arrival!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Post by Marty Schaub » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:46 pm

Tom,

Tell us when on Friday. 7? 8? Your coming the furthest so we can co-ordinate around you. I'll send you guys directions to my house later. Post up Tommy!

Marion...Beer ME!!!!!!
La Costa Boy For Life

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:17 pm

OUR NUMBERS FOR THIS WEEKEND GROW! John Dillon just dropped me an email to let me know he is going to join us! I'm stoked!

5 more days until the Southern Slalom Coalition hits Hobby!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:45 pm

Marion,

I am planning on making it this weekend also, I will bring the DC outlaw timer.

Looking forward to a great session.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:57 pm

Marion Karr wrote:John Dillon just dropped me an email to let me know he is going to join us!
I wasn't aware we were coming apart?
Brian Parsons wrote:I am planning on making it this weekend also.
Well, there goes the stinkin' neighborhood!

Hey, I just remembered something: this will be the first time I've got to SET THE COURSE since Folly Beach. I wonder if I've learned any new tricks in three years?

Probably not.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:15 pm

Brian! Dude, I look forward to meeting you. Do you need a place to stay either Friday night or Saturday night or both? If you don't mind crashing on a cot or sofa we have you covered at my house. Marty, Ron Olson, and Tom Thompson are crashing Friday night.

Give me a call if you have any questions. 704-657-9531. Thanks for bringing the timer so everyone knows for sure how slow I am!

Marion
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:37 pm

Don't let Tucker set a course he can't make.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:49 pm

Whenever I set a course I always ask myself, "what would Joe do?"
Then I remember that only Joe is challenged with making 12-foot centers.

On the flat.
With a headwind.
And the bearings cranked down.

(Hey, Yankee Boy, 'mon back when you want some more!)

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:10 pm

"Wesley Tucker"Then I remember that only Joe is challenged with making 12-foot centers. On the flat.With a headwind.And the bearings cranked down."

That does sound challenging!

Wesley,

Just remember you've got new recruits to encourage. If you want to know what I would do, check the course on the last Tway video. It was maybe too easy, but everybody got a time and I'm expecting lot's of returns to the next race.

Joe

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:29 pm

Set the course from the top of the hill and people will come.....

well a few will be in Vermont.

Have Fun!!!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:31 pm

Joe,

One of the cool things about Hobby Park is that it's two hills at one location. There is a long, steep downhill side to the hill that bottoms out at the Soap Box Derby Finish line. Then, after crossing the finish line, there is a gradual up hill run out that levels out but never does go completely flat. So, in essence we have a steep hill going one way and a gradual shorter hill facing the other way. (Think about Storrow Drive in Boston. We could have had courses on both sides of the viaduct. That's the same concept working here.)

I'm planning on setting two, maybe three courses: a typical 6-7.5 foot center dual course on the short side (with offsets. No straight stuff this weekend) and a good wide open single lane GS on the big hill.

I say "6-7.5 foot centers" because this little hill is very deceptive. It's starts out with the most gradual grade and then "transitions" over a crest and wails down to that finish line at the bottom of both hills. So starting at six-foot is doable but only a real wiggler could stay in the course after going over that little "hump" and heading down to the finish line. I figure I'll "accordian" the cones to wider centers as the speed picks up. It'll keep it interesting for the experienced riders (lots of opportunit to really pump) and not too discouraging to the newbies who don't want to experience a lot of cone spray.

"Underneath" the GS course on the main hill I'll go ahead and set a more challenging dual course that'll be chalked and ready to run if that's what everyone wants. I'm hoping my schedule works out that I can play with the chalk and cones on Friday afternoon and have all this stuff DONE before anyone arrives Saturday morning.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:03 pm

Hey Tway! Dude, you are alive! Been trying to get up with you! Hope all is well! I am coming up your way for the August race! I want your input on the plans for the November race. This weekend wasn't planned to compete with Vermont. We were just getting together with the Georgia boys to practice but the numbers are growing.

As far setting comes from the top, dude, you know that hill rocks. The key thing to doing that is setting gaps that can be reached with out launching someone over the guardrail.

Drop me an email or give me a shout when you get a chance. Dude, your Athens vid rock!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

It's all good

Post by William Tway » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:27 pm

A Tway in the Park

The derby hill is super fast from the top. Looks are very deceiving. I jumped on my 36" PP and bombed it and nearly ate it. Nothing was dialed. Big mistake. Tighten your trucks. Speed is instantaneous. A start ramp would almost be insane. There was also a blistering tall wind which will make for some added fun. As you say, don't ride the rails and a good clean GS course will rock anyone’s world. The park is beautiful and a smokin' venue. I'll be back in November.

Stoked you Georgia boyz are doing some farming this year. An excellent new crop that will undoubtedly leave many of us red eyed.

Vermont is gonna rock as well. I'm amped and still can't believe all the new comers up here. We are all going to have a killer weekend.

Peace,
Last edited by William Tway on Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:59 am

Marion & Wesley - how fast would you estimate the top speed on Hobby Hill to be in a straight bomb?? I just went back and looked at those pics Wesley posted a while back. Hard to tell...thanks.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:06 am

Using the 88 foot speed trap method of timing I ran it at 43 mph+ on my Bozi Mad Bomber II w/83mm Flywheels but I didn't push that hard. My gut tells me it's capable of 45 or more with an aggressive push from the top.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:54 am

Ok Fellas! Let me make sure I have a head count on my house for the beds:

Friday Night:
Marty and Ron Confirmed.
Ga. Tom?

Saturday Night:
John Dillon?

Any one else need a place to crash this weekend? We have room.

TWAY: Dude, have a killer time in Vermont. Tell everyone that the Southern Slalom Syndicate (The Ga Boys and the DHBs) are coming to Conn!

Talk to you all soon!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Ron Olsen

Post by Ron Olsen » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:33 am

Marion,

I think Tom is coming up on Friday, but probably will arrive later than Marty and I. Marty and I are still planning on a carpool, but Tom had emailed us that he could not get away from Dublin as early as he would like and would go direct.

Hey - you don't happen to have a pet cat do you? I'm so allergic that I have to ask.

Looking forward to it already.

Ron

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:39 am

Ron,
No dude. Killed my cat...uh ..uh...I mean...uh...my cat passed away over a year ago. ( I freakin hate cats). I do have two dogs though but they only come in the house at night to sleep on the sun porch. You cool with that?

Thanks for the update. Tom if you are out there you can come to the house late if you want. Everyone is welcome to crash at my house Saturday night if you don't want to drive back worn out from skating all dang day long!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:33 pm

WEATHER UPDATE FOR SATURDAY: Pretty DamN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

"Saturday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 60s."

That 55 gallon drum of stoke fuel is reaching critical mass and is going to spew out some on Saturday!"

Hey 66: If you are out there, think you can make it?
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Ron Olsen

Post by Ron Olsen » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:43 pm

Marion,

Marty and I got hooked up on the phone today, we'll be heading out of Atlanta/Lawrenceville at about 6pm.

See you tomorrow

Ron

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:49 pm

Ron Olsen wrote:Marion,

Marty and I got hooked up on the phone today, we'll be heading out of Atlanta/Lawrenceville at about 6pm.

See you tomorrow

Ron

That rocks! See you guys at the house. Here are the numbers:

Home: 704-873-4987
Mobile: 704-657-9531

NOTE: COME TO THE DOOR WHERE THE LIGHT IS ON (SUNPORCH) YOU WILL SEE IT!!

Tom Thompson...dude, it doesn't matter how late if you decide to come straight to the house come on.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:20 am

Marion - Hey thanks. I should get there around 3-4am.....KIDDIN'.....I'm shooting for nlt 10pm.

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:04 am

Hi all.
I've not been following this thread but if either Brian or John can rideshare, I'm in!
I'll be PMing them shortly.

Crash space anyone??

Thanks.
Marion you rock!!

Dan
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan