The 1st Texas Slalom Sizzler, Aug 7, 2004

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

The 1st Texas Slalom Sizzler, Aug 7, 2004

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:54 pm

Well this is as far South as one can get. The 1st Texas Slalom Sizzler is about to get underway. First of all get well soon Wesley T we love ya bro. Heat index down here is 115. We would like to thank the following sponsors. Thank you Jack Smith for all your support 5 local newbies will be wiggling away with 5 new BahneBlackHills. Solidskate for all your slalom needs, Chris Chaput at Abec11, Dan Gesmer for the Slalom Magazines, Chicken at PocketPistolSkates,Gareth Roe and Steve Hopper at RoeRacing/Insect Boards,Jeff at Bozi Boards, Mike at Concrete Wave Magazine, Buddy Carr at Tracker Trucks, Ed at Eds Pleasure Tool Bearings. And the Byrd family for coming down to Texas to slalom with us. Muchas Gracias to all. Congrats to all my slalom bros at Da Farm. Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:14 pm

Right on Eddie! Me and my Brown Bomber (board) are there in spirit. Thank you for what your doing for slalom!

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:48 am

The 1st Texas Slalom Sizzler comes to an end.
Qualifying Times.
1. Ricky Byrd 23.31
2. Will Jolly 23.745
3. Eddy Martinez 23.845
4. Josh Byrd 26.357
5. Marcos SOULMAN 26.357
6. Mark "Gumb" Gosser 27.67
7. Jeremy Rodriquez 29.668
8. Ray Garcia 30.981
9. Danny "Turtle" Lopez 31.607
10 Sara Byrd 34.280

Final Scores

1. Ricky Byrd
2. Wil Jolly
3. Josh Byrd
4. Marcos Soulman
5. Texas Eddy
6. Gumby
7. Jeremy Rodriguez
8. Ray Garcia
9. Danny Garcia
10. Sara " The Only Girl" Byrd

The hill was pristine asphalt. The course was 350 ft long, 50 cones, speed 20-25 mph. Congrats to all the Newbies. " You Dudes ROCKED." Welcome new Outlaws. Ricky Byrd you are the man sir!!!!!!. Congrats to Sara Byrd it was her first contest. See you next year Bros. Thanks Jack. Later and still Stoked. Eddy Texas Outlaws.
a

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:09 am

Hey Eddy....Congrats on the Hoopla you thru in South Tex, looks like you had a real Outlaw throw down....

The sport keeps getting bigger......One race at a time.....

Stay stoked

See ya in WV

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:10 am

Chris is was so much fun Dude!!!!!! We had 4 newbies that came to race with us, they were blown away by Sara Byrd she is 10 yrs old and she was rocking. As we pulled up to the hill the newbies saw little Sara going by cutting through the cones. They new that if a little girl could pull it off, so could they. And they gave it there best shot. I have never been pushed so hard maybe it was because I was in my own backyard, that and the fact that one of the newbies a poolshark by the name of gumby was a slalom natural. Right now I am still STOKED, and my body is definately sore. One can learn alot by watching good slalom skaters like Ricky Byrd and Will J, these to bros were racing hard. I learned alot about hosting a contest. Jack Smith I will mail you a data disc in the AM of the race. The newbies loved the Bahne Black Hills. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Will J
Will J
Will J

Post by Will J » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:29 pm

WOW

what to say!?!?!?!?!?!

I had one of the best times in my life, ANYTHING that has Texas, Eddy, and Marcos in it is GARUNTEEEEEEED to be fun. It was HOT HOT HOT, just like home, but the heat and the threat of rattlesnakes and bobcats didn't hold us back. All the new guys were giving it one hell of a shot and Mark "Gumby" is gonna be a force to be rekoned with SOON.

Eddy - getting FAST and lookin good, only 1/10th behiond me in qualifying, i've got to get practicing if i'm gonna stay ahead. I think he's been sandbagging this whole time ;) Many Many thanks to you and your wife for letting me and Trish stay at your house this weekend, HAD A WONDERFULL TIME ALL WEEKEND!!!!!!!

Marcos - clean runs and i'll be staring at this crazy texans backside on the course too. Had a great time hanging with you and you're lil'un that has a bigger vocabulary than anyone else i know, a bright light just like his pops.

a BIG BIG BIG BIG thanks to the sponsors

Jack Smith - the new guys were sooo stoked when they got the blackhills, thanks for supporting growing scenes in TX and MS (my first slalom deck was a bahne oldschool i got from Ricky). We can't thank Bahne enough down here in the south.

Chicken @ Pocket Pistols for always coming up with great shirts, and AWESOME decks ala the Hardcore series.

Jeff @ Bozi - I ended up with the MadBomber II and it's BEAUTIFULL. Thanks for spreading the stoke.

Chris @ Abec 11 - won my first set of biltins and they are bout the best thing since pockets on pants, and them Grippens are lookin GOOOOD.

Dan Gesmer - for all the slalom magazines, the new guys(and us not so new guys) were stoked to see slalom on the front of a mag that we can show to our friends and family that don't know what we're talkin about.

Gareth and Steve @ roe/insect - Amazing boards, TOP QUALITY as always, made it extremely hard for the winners to pick out what boards they were gonna take. all you heard was, "wow, thats such a nice shape on that roe, but man, that insect is wispering my name"

Ed @ plesure tools for always coming through for the GRS guys, i ride PT's and they ROCK especially since i'm poor, thanks for supplying the budget minded skater with a GREAT product.

Buddy @ tracker for the trucks, hats, risers. there are a bunch of new riders stoked on their new trackers. i don't ride them but have no problems recomending them to anyone b/c they are a quality product and you guys support skating of all kinds full force.

Mike @ concrete wave - first for making my favorite skate mag, and second for the mags and shwag. Thanks for turning more heads too other forms of skateboarding and keeping the stoke alive.

if i missed anyone i 'pologise, i've driven 30 hours out of the past 72 and haven't quite recovered yet.

Ricky Byrd..... you're goin down in Joja ;) i'm tired of seein the back of your shirts.

Road Kill Racing, coming to scrape up a win in a city near you..
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a
smile and a gun."

- Al Capone