Pinkneyville slalom, Atlanta

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Tom Thompson

Pinkneyville slalom, Atlanta

Post by Tom Thompson » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:19 pm

My kid and I are driving up to Pinkneyville public park in Gwinnett county tomorrow evening, sat. 4/24, round 5:30-6pm. Slalom in the parking lot. One easy course, one hard course. Bringing stickers and an extra board or two. Visibility and planting seeds is what it's all about. Y'all join me if you can.

Ricky Byrd
ByrdDog
ByrdDog

Post by Ricky Byrd » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:32 pm

Good on ya Tom! Your right, visibility is key. Wish we could be there. Have fun!

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:37 pm

edited for content by the author
Last edited by Rick Stanziale on Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:56 am

Training? I must have missed something.

Nice show of support there Mr. Clay.

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:27 pm

Fun sesh yesterday! The parking lot normally used for slalom was full. So with permission from the Gwinnett County police (COOL!!), I set a 25 cone 5.5' course on the asphalt walkway at the downhill slope beside the rollerhockey rink. I could've set a much longer course, but wanted to feel it out first. Very nice/fast/visible spot. Had alot of spectators-in-passing that were stoked on watching, and a handful of curious kids checking out my boards and asking alot of questions. I'm low on Pocket Pistols and Radikal stickers now :-) Next time I'll set up something easy for them to try.....

After the sesh, Ashley and I took a walk around the park to look for better spots. There are LOTS of good spots along the 2-3 miles of paved walkway there. The possibilities seem endless....

As far as using the walkways for slalom, the cop's only requirement is we pad up fully(helmets) and respect pedestrians.

Wesley - do you have any of those slalom info handouts left?

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:32 pm

Tom,

I agree with you. When that bastard 66 and I were there in January I was really intrigued by the paths and asphalt that wrapped around that place. I knew there had to be a better spot than that short parking lot for doing some cones. Glad you had the chance to get out and do some exploring. (All Rick and I really wanted to do that day was get in our cars as quickly as possible and get warm!)

The brochure is ALWAYS available for download. Go to "Media Resources" forum and there is a topic entitled "Brochure for slalom information now available for download." The first post in the topic from me has the link that will allow you to download the two-page PDF. Once you have that, you can pretty much make as many copies as you'd like. Either run some off on your printer at home, take a master to a copy shop and run a few or I believe now that Office Depot and Staples have copiers that will produce directly from the disc with the .pdf on it. Shouldn't cost more than .10¢ or .15¢ a copy. Folding, of course, is either by hand or machine.

By the way, Tom, I never did "print some up." The ones you've seen around have been from people like Rick taking the original and making their own copies. Maybe he has a few lying around left over from the Red Clay Race?

Barry Gourley

I miss to much

Post by Barry Gourley » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:51 pm

Did anyone send out an email on the little get to gether at pinkersville? I missed out I was about 5 miles away,S**T
Thanks,
Barry

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:10 pm

sorry I missed it, big bike race in Athens

had a ghetto park session in Athens to raise money for our skatepark

got turned on to a "killer" spillway in North Georgia (2 hours drive from Athens) - Lumberjack and I are going to drive up and do a little recon

Barry - I'll be down at Picnicville one night this week, ring me up again 706.338.3304

Directions to Pinkneyville Skatepark can be found at http://www.chasestreet.com/rcr/picnic.htm

and I do have some of those brochures printed up

Tom Thompson

Re: I miss to much

Post by Tom Thompson » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:18 pm

barry gourley wrote:Did anyone send out an email on the little get to gether at pinkersville? I missed out I was about 5 miles away,S**T
Barry - I'll post here the next time I get up to Pville. Possibly sunday 5/2.

Tom Thompson

P-ville

Post by Tom Thompson » Tue May 04, 2004 1:15 pm

Barry & co - Twas raining this past weekend. Didn't want to chance the two hour drive to Atl just to get rained out.....I'm going to shoot for Sunday 5/9....lates

Barry Gourley

park

Post by Barry Gourley » Tue May 04, 2004 2:03 pm

thanks Tom,
i'll see about getting down there this weekend
Thanks,
Barry

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Wed May 05, 2004 10:49 pm

Apologies friends....Sunday is Mom's Day....forgot. Might try to get up there on Saturday if I don't have to work. Got a new park rig I want to play with in the bowl....Will post somethin definite tomorrow.

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Fri May 07, 2004 8:13 pm

ok, I'm going to pville tomorrow(sat) eve round 6. anyone else up for a skate?

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Fri May 07, 2004 9:01 pm

i got braves tickets for the family tomorrow, and sunday is mothers day

lumberjack and i are gonna hit the reservoir one day next week, think you can take a day off?

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Sun May 09, 2004 9:19 pm

Another nice sesh at Pville last night. Just a few kids in the skatepark. Virtually no interference or worries of running over a grom in the bowl...Ran cones too. Pville really is a good spot for showcasing slalom. Just show up and do your thing....folks will stop and watch....and dig it.

Stanziale - work is picking up here but I could possibly do a weekend day. Got any pics?