how 'bout them georgia slalom get-togethers...

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Patio Mendino

Post by Patio Mendino » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:36 pm

okay...
me, GaTom, 66, steve, steve2, Low-J, all live within 1.5hrs of each other. we all have slalom rides. I'm sure we'd all like to practice and ride with others from time to time...
it'd be great to get together and do some cyberslalom, hills, whatever. just to hang out and ride.
(if anyone's into it)can we all agree on a certain day of each month to meet somewhere to ride? (not at a skatepark!)
first saturday of each month or something.
a set in stone day, every month thing to plan on.
when it's planned, it's easier to prevent things from coming up...sorry, I've got plans. ya'know?
so whattaya think?
p
I am INVINCIBLE.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:18 pm

Patio,

Don't write me off. 3.5 hours away. With a little luck, this winter will be different for me than last year.

I would ask one thing, though: is there a difference for these practice sessions between Saturday and Sunday? I think most everyone plans stuff for Saturdays involving family, but Sundays do seem to be a little more open. Plus, I can always scrape together $30.00 for a Motel 6. For me I'd rather ride down on a Saturday and get up at a decent hour to skate on Sunday. That's a lot better leaving here before daybreak and THEN trying to skate all day. That makes for a REALLY REALLY LONG DAY. But skating and then driving home is not nearly as tiring as driving then trying to skate.

Even if I get home at 11:00 at night on a Sunday, that still means I can get to bed early enough to work on Monday without feeling awful all day.

Patio Mendino

Post by Patio Mendino » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:48 pm

hey wes,
didn't mean to write you off...we're all in this together.
I just figured that if some of the guys within a 1.5hr radius got it together, we'd certainly welcome more company from out of the area. I just know it's a long drive.
as far as which days, that's what I am trying to get a feel for.
for me, any day/any time pretty much works...I make sure the dogs have fresh water and I'm set to go.
Sundays are good for you, and(let me check my schedule) they're good for me too.
anyone else wanna jump in?
p

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Thu Sep 04, 2003 12:20 pm

I've been working alot of Saturdays as of late. I think Sundays would be better for me.

Patio Mendino

Post by Patio Mendino » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:51 pm

okay, looks like sunday is good.
does anyone have any sundays scheduled(as in, 3rd sunday of the month is scouts, golf, whatever?)
rick, will sundays work for you? it'd be cool to run cyberslalom with a timer and all...
I'll post to my message board too, so we can get a feel of what the other GA peoples want to do...if anything.
should we plan for Huntington Hill as a venue while we still have it?
is anyone else interested in some cyberslalom ?
p

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:43 pm

Patio,

Since you asked, I'll say "No, Cyberslalom does not interest me." :smile:

Seriously, if y'all have a hill and a few guys together, the last thing I want to do is wiggle through 25 cones with an imperceptible push start. I'd rather spend my time learning all over again how to go fast down a hill with my Avalons. (But, hey, that's just me.)

Also, I have nothing on Sundays. This doesn't mean I'll make it to Athens for each and every Sunday session, but if I make at least one or two this fall, that's better than I've done the rest of this year so far.

Will J
Will J
Will J

Post by Will J » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:31 pm

would one of you GA guys be so kind as to post or email me some pics of Huntington hill, preferebly from the top looking down and also the end of the hill, i've got to show some of my friends what they missed out on. I honestly think that hill was the most fun i've ever bombed, even in the dark (didn't realize there were so many manhole covers, yikes).. can't wait to come back to joja, yous guys got it goin on..
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a
smile and a gun."

- Al Capone

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:55 pm

Brady Mitchell

Post by Brady Mitchell » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:01 am

Aw man does that hill look schweet! I sure missed out on a great one, huh? Will it still be available next year?

Damn this new buisness of mine. And all those friggin` bugs that like to procreate like mad during slalom season. As soon as I gets this company off the ground, and have employees doing the dirty work, I`ll be up there wit ya trying to squeeze into the middle of the pack.

By all the posts I`ve read, not only did you do good Rick, you did great. Kudos brudda!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brady Mitchell on 2003-09-05 00:02 ]</font>

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:15 pm

So....Patio, are we shooting for Sept. 21? I can do that.....I'm down with cyberslalom or any flatland training. Sure it sucks.....But it's GOOD slalom training.....

Patio Mendino

Post by Patio Mendino » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:33 pm

well Tom...
from the responses(or better yet, lack of responses) I've gotten, it'd just be me and you...and maybe wesley sometimes.
not worth getting any major plans together. oh well.
you have my email, just lemmeeno whenever you want to meet up and ride whatever.
You know I am into it.
p

Keith Hollien

Post by Keith Hollien » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:14 pm

Keith Hollien

Post by Keith Hollien » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:17 pm

I would like to come up sometime after the worlds. The Huntington hill was too much fun.
I would like to skate it before it is no more. Keep me posted.
Keith
Teams Radikal & Roe Racing