Southern Boys At A DC Outlaw Race

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Southern Boys At A DC Outlaw Race

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:38 pm

OK,

The DC Outlaws are talking about a race at Fountainhead (Occoquan) December 10. I do the following for racing in NoVa/P&R:

Drive to Fredericksburg, VA Friday night and stay at the Econo Lodge on I-95. It's a decent little hotel and you can get an internet rate of $50 with taxes or sometimes with Priceline can juke it down to $40. If I Priceline it then a couple of times Ive stayed at the Days Inn four miles farther up the road.

Saturday I get up and go to Occoquan, which is about 50 miles up the interstate. I race all day and usually we give it up around 4:00 or 5:00. Then I drive straight home and get back to Summerville anywhere between midnight and 2:00 AM. Then I'm home for the day on Sunday.

This is strictly an Outlaw and a chance to race in the winter. Depending on Marion's schedule, I might go to Hobby Park EARLY Friday December 9 and skate then go over to Statesville, pick him up and we'll cruise to Virginia. If Karr can't make it for whatever reason, then I'm good to go straight from here.

Y'all know the Avalanche. I got room for two or three more plus gear. So if any Georgia Boys or DHBs want in on this, then just be in Statesville no later than 6:00 PM (maybe 7:00?) Friday, December 9. We'll go from there. According to Mapquest, it's 325 miles from Statesville to F'burg, so that's about 5 hours on the road. In bed by 11:00 or midnight.

Of course, you don't need to ride with me. You can get to Occoquan anyway you can. I just wanted to make the offer.

Oh, one last thing. This is an Outlaw Race, so nothing is etched in stone. Ohm might get a hang nail or Slappy decides THAT'S the weekend he wants to get married, so the whole thing goes down the drain. Or the forecast that weekend could be completely awful. Whatever the case, I usually wait til about Tuesday or Wednesday to get a room. I've never had a problem getting the cheap rate by waiting, so don't anyone think they have to make a decision today. If you can get the time off from work, want to go racing a month from now and feel like a road trip, then that's cool. If not, stay home and watch TV.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Oh?

Post by Marty Schaub » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:32 pm

Marion,

I could probably talk Ron into this. What's up your sleeve?
La Costa Boy For Life

Nino Almazon

Post by Nino Almazon » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:46 pm

if you southern boys can make it, we could definately use the stoke!

Anthony Smallwood was speaking of holding an art show at Fight Club in DC for Steve Olsen and as well as those guys throwing a fundraiser/party that weekend. this is all tentative, but sounds good on paper right now. the Fight Club parties are a great time. we got a bowl inside a warehouse, so that'll be good for that cold time of the season.

i guess Ohm and Smallwood will keep us posted for further developments. hope some of can make it. i hear Fountainhead is a screamer!

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Re: Oh?

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:51 pm

Marty Schaub wrote:Marion,

I could probably talk Ron into this. What's up your sleeve?
I need to see when Emily and Donna are flying to England but I think I am down. I will check with them tonight. Love to keep the stoke going....Tucker said something to me about it today as well.

Talk to you tomorrow about it.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Mike Ohm

fountainhead

Post by Mike Ohm » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:31 pm

What is the best weekend for the DHB crew to come up? March 4th or March 11th?

Skated the hill today and can't wait to have a few guests over.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Re: fountainhead

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 pm

Mike Ohm wrote:What is the best weekend for the DHB crew to come up? March 4th or March 11th?
Ohmster,

I vote for the 11. I've got a race on February 18 in Georgia, February 25 in Texas. A race three weeks in a row hundreds of miles of apart is stretching it a bit for me.

Gimme a week off!

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:57 pm

The 11th works best for the guys down here. We have a local clinic going on the weekend of the 4th.

M
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com