DownHill Billies Hobby Park Fall Race Planning Needs You!

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Russel Cantor, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

DownHill Billies Hobby Park Fall Race Planning Needs You!

Post by Marion Karr » Wed May 25, 2005 4:35 pm

The DownHill Billies are in the process of planning our first formal race at the Hobby Park Soap Box Derby Hill for this Fall (dates to be determined). Being completely new to this we need all of the input we can get so that we have an event that all will enjoy and will go as smoothly as possible. Our first step in the process is getting approval from the Parks and Recs Dept.of Winston-Salem. This has to be done through a written proposal process that will be reviewed by their Risk Mgmt people. If any of you have dealt with this type of proposal process and can provide some of your insight please drop me an email so we can set up a time talk. Also, if any of you have had to submit a proposal and still have a copy of it that you could share that would be outstanding. I have started creating a check off list of everything that needs to be handled in order to pull this off but I am sure that I am missing out on a bunch of things. I know you guys are all busy but if any of you race promoters out there would be willing to provide some counsel to the DHB's your assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all in advance for your help and support. Thanks also to many of you that have already embraced the DHB's sharing your stoke and knowledge with us. We may be the "new kids" on the block but we are jacked up and ready to go!

We also have plans for another longboarding jam this summer so keep an eye on the longboarding forum on NCDSA.ocm or our website "Guest Book" for details.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com