Bridge Day 2004

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Russel Cantor, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Bridge Day 2004

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:52 pm

I'd just like to say thanks to Dave Gale for throwing a great event this past weekend despite numerous obstacles. Cold and Rainy every day EXCEPT raceday, getting bounced around a bit by cityhall, putting up racers who cant get rooms, etc. In the face of all that, we had a blast. For any of you who signed up for the race but didnt show up for one reason or another you missed out big time. For any of you who think this isnt a serious race, consider the top (4) finishers:
Mollica
Vlad
Price
Hollien
There's a line up that will place up there with any final four on the contest calendar.
The way Parsons bracketed the race was excellent, it considered all the A/B bracket comments posted here over the year and set the race up with an "A" bracket of the top 8 racers...EVERY run in the A bracket was tight and fast and was great to watch. All the races in B/C/D were competative and fun
Best of all though was the brotherhood and sisterhood that we saw there. This was more about friends than fellow skaters and that's why we'll be back next year.
Without naming names; DC, eastcoast, St louie, Georgia, Florida, Ohio, Penn, WV.....I'd have to say that the sport is alive and well East of the Mississippi.....familiar faces and new friends...it was nice to see y'all again.
J-rad, Noami and Paul..great to meet you too....have a safe trip home.
Have to say thanks again to our Chitown Cabin mates, Tod, Al and Chris...you're good friends....lookin' forward to traveling with ya again next year.
And thanks once more to Dave....Youre a great host and we had a ball. Beautiful wife and kids, the countryside, southern hospitality...you are a lucky man. Stay in touch brother.

now off to my other reality

ps. Noami...."you ARE the shit".......

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:36 pm

Chance of rain at the Rye Airfield Throwdown: 0%

Come on up...

http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... testID=160