Leonardo, Bruno - Brazil [RIP]

Slalom Skateboard Racer Profiles

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Leonardo, Bruno - Brazil [RIP]

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:25 pm

Bruno Leonardo Jr, former ISSA national coordinator for Brazil passed away this last week (mid September 2014) and to honor his memory I've picked up a few postings from Facebook that Sammy Nogueira and other friends of his has posted.

This is reportedly an old scan of Bruno skating with his own mobile phone scribblings on top, done just before his passing.
"Search for a dream" Bruno Leonardo Jr, 2014

Sammy Nogueira
Sammy
Sammy

Re: Leonardo, Bruno - Brazil [RIP]

Post by Sammy Nogueira » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Thanks Jani, for the dissemination of the passing of Bruno to another spiritual plane.

Bruno is the pioneer of Brazilian Skate Generation. Thanks to his love of the skateboard Brazil had the opportunity to become a world power in the sport. Bruno was one of the first Brazilians to have personal and commercial relations with the North American skate industry. He was the responsabile for bringing Brazil to athletes who have turned references to the sport and the growth of skateboarding in Brazil. Christian Hosoi, Dave Duncan, Tony Alva are part of the first skaters who came to know Brazil. In 2007 Bruno brought to Brazil Jason Mitchell and Barret Deck (Chicken) who made the scene slalom rekindle.
For me it is very hard to describe my friend Bruno. Our friendship has passages that will respect the competition and partnership and love for the sport.
We did lots of cool things together then parted a bit and recently returned to do things by the growth of the slalom.
I lost a friend, partner and Warrior, provided that the skateboard in my life ....
The lesson that Bruno and I spent 38 years practicing skateboard made ​​me understand! Is that the skateboard should be practiced for fun and not for competition ...

Sincerely
Sammy
Rogerio Nogueira
SAMMY
http://www.myspace.com/rogeriosammy
http://www.hardcontrol.net
CHIXILL ***** #sk8_slalom_independente