Winston, Adam - Canada

Slalom Skateboard Racer Profiles

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Adam Winston

Winston, Adam - Canada

Post by Adam Winston » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:53 pm

name:Adam Winston (joker540 on other forums)
Dob:sept 10 1985 (20 years old right now)
Sponsors:Chixill/skurf skates/mcphails cycle and sport
job: art director for ChiXill, film intern, stencil/airbrush artist
home town: TORONTO CANADA
Recent races: Top challenge 05 came 32/34 got taken out by a torn ligament in the first round

plans for this years race season: to make it to my first races and by the end of the season make it into B class, and make it back on to the cover of naphte this year.. (i was on the cover last summer) make a photo realistic stencil

a bit about how i work, everything has got to be CUSTOM.. i hate the idea of having a board that has a twin out there some place... i want to show up to a race and my board be the only one of its kind.. well paint jobs atleast, i now work for chiXill as thier art director, all the graphics on thier boards are now cut and designed by me, we are hoping to offer the closest thing to one off custom paint jobs possible.... there might only be 3 boards out there with the same paint job. im working on a photo realistic stencil. all my stencils are cut using plastic sheets.. the same used in the over head projectors in high school. and then they are all sprayed used spray paint for an airbrush...

currently trying to get a job in the film world as an editor, so look out for me and my video camera at the races..

skating is a way of life with me, i spend most of my days talking about it, and my nights doing it, i get out skating for a couple hours atleast a couple times a week when the weather is shitty.. and when its night im out all the fucking time, i skate everywhere..

i was introduced at the end of the summer to slalom by CIV and Rob sydia.... local skate heros around here.. also shout outs go to Chris barrett, team founder and wikked guy, i wouldnt have learned as much about the gear and the slalom game if it wasnt for him

little story... when i first decided to branch into slalom i was going to order two offsets cause i had no idea that you only used one in the rear, then chris set me straight

ok here are pics of what i do, THESE ARE ALL DONE IN STENCIL AND SPRAY PAINT

my tribute to pocket pistols
my hand is there to show the SIZE of the stencil.... that thing is MASSIVE

you wont see any of these on ChiXill boards, these are all some of my personal collection

cheers
see you at the races

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:33 pm

I had no idea you were such a talented artist! You should get in touch with www.originalsnowboardart.com as they are looking for artisits to do snowboard and skate graphics.
Good luck,
Martin

HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric
Fred
Fred

Post by HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:46 pm

Hey Adam !

Same birthday.... 1972 ouch !
Podium or pavement... but PAVEL !

www.coneracing.com