Sloppy drunks who slalom

Off Topic Subjects
Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu May 15, 2003 3:21 am

I noticed in my return to slalom there a whole bunch of winos, myself included. Lets see...I know I've talked brew with Vlad, Tway and Parsons at some point during the year. Seems everyone has a favorite microbrew. Hard liquor also gets everyone excited. Free alcohol is the favorite attraction of any race. Tway even asked for special considerationg to bring Old Mulehockey to the Gathering. It's really the bind that helps us tie one on. Are they any more of us out there......maybe we need to start taking beer bong hits at the races?

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Thu May 15, 2003 5:16 am

Alan Sidlos Home brew was some of the best I've ever tasted. I almost stopped racing and started drinking!

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu May 15, 2003 6:46 am

Sildo's beer helped me (I'll look up the word tomorrow) a Gilmour's course!

That was the last comp when we were short on beer before Alan "poped his cans"!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:03 am

I understand there's a chance of snow and the temps will definetely be below freezing this weekend at Breckenridge.

What are the odds excessive alcohol consumption will be deemed de' riguer by the assembled competitors?

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:41 am

This is a lame thread.

Patio Mendino

Post by Patio Mendino » Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:15 pm

agreed.
I am INVINCIBLE.

Brady Mitchell

Post by Brady Mitchell » Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:38 pm

I`m also with Jack. It`s one thing to talk about partying at events and discuss one`s favorite brew, but this discussion seems more about RUI and is a smack in the face for the sport.

Maybe you guys ought to go back and edit your posts?

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:06 pm

Well, I'm only 18, but I'd love to be a sloppy drunk skater. It sure beats being a lame drummer or a posing moron who can't read or go to the right website!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:13 pm

I have to agree it is lame. But ask yourself one question: which would you rather do, listen to someone practice their drinking, or listen to someone practice their drums?

Or would you rather listen to the sage advice of the South Florida God Of All Things Related To Slalom From The Comfort Of His Easy Chair who is completely clueless when it comes to the sophistication of parody?

Geez, what a maroon.

P.S. And I still think there's gonna be a lot of drinking in Breckenridge come Friday night when the temps drop below 30!

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:52 pm

just got my polypropelene long johns from the army surplus store (the lady at kmart gave me a strange look when i walked in on an 80 degree day asking for long johns)

i thought last call in breck was 4:20?

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:09 pm

Will the ICE coast skaters have an advantage? Will Mollica's endless practices in a snowsuit in December come to fruition?

-Molly swept it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Gilmour on 2003-08-08 07:27 ]</font>

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:36 pm

Well....not that I should add to this.

But there are some drinks I make at parties I might add to the list- 1st, drinks for the ladies.

Ultra High calorie Banana split.
1.5 shot of strawberry liqueor
1 shot of Banana Liqueor
3/4 Shot Creme De Caco
Ice
1 cup fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries
1 banana
1/4 cup heavy cream

Blend it up good. Then add more whipped cream on top. Chicks dig it- but they won't get a buzz off of this one.

"The Gilmour"
also renamed
The Bitch Assasinator (truly a misnomer as Asassin is the corect word) by a friend of mine who would give these to his girlfriuend when she was in a bad mood to turn her around.

This drink was made to reduce the chance of hangover. Designed while bored in Organic Chemistry class while shifting the topic to why humans get drunk.

2-3 shots of Absolut Vodka 80 proof.
Splash of Chambourd (A black razzbery liqueor) to give it a reddish pink color.
3 lemon wedges squeezed
1/4- 1/3 of the drink should be 7-up.

The Absolut was chosen as it is the alcohol least likely to give you a hangover as it has fewer high molecular weight alcohols.

Chambourd is a masking agent to hide the taste of the Absolut. The sugar in it also acts as an alcohol delivery system. The more Chambourd you add the more Absolut you can put in...and the more lemons you have to add and the less 7-up. If you want them killer strong.

Lemons have vitamin C and help fight hangover. The lemons are there to kill the sweet taste of the Chambourd which kills the taste of the Vodka. If you use Limes instead of lemons it is called a "Haines" if you use Sprite instead of 7-up it is called disgusting.

The 7-up gives it carbonation to give it the zing of Champagne. Also it stops the drink from hitting you all at once.

Served on the rocks. With big straws. Deadly. Best way to serve it is in giant Gold Fish Bowls and multiple straws- even good enough to snag the Capel Snowboard clothing Models at SIA.

The drink tastes some what like a Razzberry Lime Rickey- a good summer drink.

Tip: Make the first round weaker with only 1-2 shots of absolut and less Chambourd and more 7-up. The next one's the blitz.
These are of course only for the After Race parties and hopefully I'll make some of these at the after party at 'da Farm 3.0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Gilmour on 2003-06-05 16:42 ]</font>

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:26 pm

Well, why John is discussing silly concoctions, here's one that I started having a couple of years ago. In the dairy case of several grocery story chains around here, there is an orange drink called "Tampico Citrus Punch." It comes in a one gallon plastic jug just like they package milk. Make sure, though, you get the CITRUS punch. There's also a FRUIT punch and a TROPICAL punch. I've never had those so I have no idea what they taste like. I bought this stuff one time on a lark because it was on sale for 2/$100. Hey, two gallons of something sweet for a buck? I'm there!

Now, you're probably wondering, "what's so special about this stuff? It's just another 10% juice punch. Big Deal." Not really. This stuff is TANG. And I mean PERFECT TANG. It's not like you got too much powder on the spoon or too little and it came out too sweet or too weak. I mean it's PERFECT TANG in a milk jug just like the astronauts took to the moon. No kidding.

A couple of years ago I had this stuff in my refrigerator and decided I wanted a screwdriver. Well, of course, I had no 100% orange juice. I had been buying this Tampico Citrus Punch for some time because I am a Tang fanatic! Besides, it's fortified with 100% of the MDR of Vitamin C, so what was I missing? Pulp? I prefer the drink Neil Armstrong had over orange filaments any day. So, i made a screwdriver with Tampico Citruc Punch. Some crushed ice, in goes the Wild Turkey 101 and then in went the TCP. Usually one part bourbon to two parts punch.

Absolutely incredible.

I hate to sound like a liquor snob, but I hardly if ever drink with a mixer. I learned a long time ago to leave out the fruit, carbonated water, sugar and other stuff is about the best way to avoid hangovers. Fortunately for me, the only liquor (other than liquers and brandies,) that I can drink straight is bourbon. So, I'm a straight bourbon drinker. Unfortunately for me, I have yet to find a watering hole anywhere that has any Tang or TCP behind the bar for a mixer. So when I go out, I drink straight bourbon.

When I'm home, though, on those special occasions when I feel like something different, I mix my fabulous Lunar Screwdriver. It's the only mixed drink I look forward to.

Well, that and Lynchburg Lemonade or Long Island Iced Tea, but those are in a completely different category. I really don't think its fair to compare a simple two-part concoction with some hare-brained monstrosity that has to be served in one-gallen pitchers.

God, I could go for some Tea or Lemonade right now!

Brady Mitchell

Post by Brady Mitchell » Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:07 am

Wesley wrote...
"Author Sloppy drunks who slalom
..maybe we need to start taking beer bong hits at the races"

and

"What are the odds excessive alcohol consumption will be deemed de' riguer by the assembled competitors?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Smith
Posted: 2003-06-05 01:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a lame thread.

Brady Mitchell
Posted: 2003-06-05 09:38
I`m also with Jack. It`s one thing to talk about partying at events and discuss one`s favorite brew, but this discussion seems more about RUI and is a smack in the face for the sport.

Maybe you guys ought to go back and edit your posts?

Henry Julier
Posted: 2003-06-05 11:06
Well, I'm only 18, but I'd love to be a sloppy drunk skater.

Wesley Tucker

Or would you rather listen to the sage advice of the South Florida God Of All Things Related To Slalom From The Comfort Of His Easy Chair who is completely clueless when it comes to the sophistication of parody?

Just who is sitting in thier easy chair and being clueless? You have a kid who is professing a desire to skate drunk! Real bright Wesley. Not surprised coming from one who thinks a screwdriver is made with bourbin...NOT!!!

You`re in the top ten of posters yet you don`t skate. Get off the board, (your keyboard)lick your wounds, and get outside and skate. I`d recommend going over to the Hangar Bowl, drop in and start living life like a man instead of your constant posing, posting, dribble.

The only parody is your life dude...

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:36 am

I don't like to drink and skate, especially slalom. Although I do prefer to skate to parties rather than driving. I'm a scotch and Guinness man myself. I'm really looking foward to the Farm, Ive yet to witness a Bill Tway party.

Brian

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:08 am

Brian, don't drink WHILE you skate . . . you might spill some.
Wait til after closing time.

Chuck Gill

Post by Chuck Gill » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:57 am

What's with all this "mixed drinks" nonsense?

All that is needed is: 1 glass, 1 botle of bourbon (make mine Blanton's). Nothing else. No water. No ice. Nothing...

Prediction...Team Radikal is in Breckenridge...you KNOW there will be some cocktails flowing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck Gill on 2003-06-06 01:58 ]</font>

Chuck Gill

Post by Chuck Gill » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:59 am

Oh wait...vodka and Red Bull qualifies as a mixed drink, right? I can get behind that...

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:48 am

After a vicious day of skating in Breckenridge's freezing altitudes, Henry J and some of his buds decided to take a break with some fine imported anti-freeze.

(Bet you thought I forgot about all that Harry Potter stuff, didn't 'ya?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wesley Tucker on 2003-06-07 22:50 ]</font>

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:39 am

GOOD NEWS!

A Norwegian court today threw out a man's drunken driving conviction. According to the court, he was SO DRUNK he was in no competent mental state to confess to drunk driving. In other words, he was TOO DRUNK to know if he was driving drunk. On-site breathalyzer results showed his blood alcohol level to be 13 TIMES greater than the legal limit.

So, just remember: if you're gonna drink, DRINK A LOT! After all, if you're not completely blasted out of your mind, then there's no way you can ever make sense of modern legal decisions!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:43 pm

Ah, there is no joy in mudville! Is this not enough to make a grown man cry?

If you thought the war in Iraq made gas prices explode, imagine what this is going to do to what's REALLY important!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fire at Ky. Whiskey Warehouse Rages On

By MURRAY EVANS
.c The Associated Press

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (AP) - The smell of burning whiskey lingered in the air Tuesday as the remnants of a fire that destroyed a warehouse that had held 800,000 gallons of Jim Beam bourbon continued to burn.

The fire was contained, but was expected to burn until at least Thursday. ``There's a lot of lumber in there,'' Fire Chief Anthony Mattingly said.

Emergency officials said a small amount of bourbon found its way into a creek that runs near the charred warehouse, but the environmental effects were expected to be minimal.

About 90 minutes after firefighters arrived Monday, bulldozers were brought in to dam the creek, halting the downstream flow of bourbon, officials said.

``We got some (bourbon) in the river, I'm sure,'' said Joe Osborne, the director of emergency management for Nelson County. ``We think it's very minimal, but we'll have to wait and see.''

Agents from the federal Environmental Protection Agency and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms checked Tuesday for any environmental damage from the fire.

The company said Tuesday that ``all initial indications suggest'' the fire was caused by lightning. Thunderstorms swept through the area Monday afternoon.

The wooden warehouse, built in 1945, contained 19,000 barrels of aging bourbon. The warehouse is one of four at the site and among 64 owned by Jim Beam. It is one of the company's older warehouses, said Jeff Conder, a plant manager for Jim Beam.

All four warehouses at the site had lightning rods and metal roofs - a change from the original tar roofs many had when first built, Conder said.

None of the other three warehouses at the site was significantly damaged, and the company said the fire destroyed about 2 percent of its aging bourbon inventory.

Conder said the amount of bourbon lost represented less than two weeks worth of production and that the company was fully insured.

The fire was the third in the last seven years at a bourbon warehouse in Kentucky, where more than 95 percent of the world's bourbon is produced.

Chuck Gill

Post by Chuck Gill » Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:37 am

At least it was only Beam, and not a quality whiskey.

Troy Smart

Post by Troy Smart » Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:48 am

Excuse me???

Slappy Maxwell

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:02 am

Regular Beam isn't a big loss.

If it was one of their small batch whiskey's... then it would be a bummer.

Booker's and Knob Creek are crazy good.

http://www.smallbatch.com

Chuck Gill

Post by Chuck Gill » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:31 am

Blanton's.

Or any of Mr. Daniel's quality offerings.

Or even cross the Atlantic for some Bushmill's.

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:41 pm

On 2003-08-06 22:37, Chuck Gill wrote:
At least it was only Beam, and not a quality whiskey.
mind your tounge!