Ferrari F1 + V. Rossi = happy Italians

Off Topic Subjects
Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:25 am

Rossi wins in the rain this weekend, I guess Vlad is a happy camper!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:11 am

Alonso wraps up the driver's title and Renault almost bags the constructors this weekend.

Mercedes can't build a decent engine to save their life!

Ugggh.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:14 pm

7 out of 9.
"It was <b>very very</b> cold and the track was <b>very</b> slippery"
Rossi's after-race interviews are especially fun when Biaggi's nearby (not this time) :D
He won in the rain in May, nothing new.

Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:47 pm

Schumacher on the pole by eight tenths over Montoya, if the Bridgestone’s hold up maybe Ferrari can get it’s first legitimate win of the year!

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:21 pm

Kimi over Shumi. What say you now? ;)

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:12 pm

Vlad Popov wrote:
Kimi over Shumi. What say you now? ;)
Great race. What do I say? Kimi should have won 8 or the past 9 races. Thanks to Mercedes he has won 2 and retired from the rest. Still a great race. Schumi's tires gave up on him, otherwise it would have been alot closer.

Even my guy Trulli did well in 4th (after his diffuser was destroyed on the first corner)

Rossi over Gibeneau (sp?). Gibeneau lead 24 of the 25 laps after the restart with Rossi behind him or Hayden for all of it. For the final 5 laps Rossi kept putting a front wheel inside of Gibeneau. Finally on the first corner on the last lap Sete cracked and ran wide letting Rossi take an easy win....

I love Rossi.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:22 pm

Kimi should have won 8 of the past 9 races.
They always had problems (no?) and good drivers who couldn't win because of these problems.

Trulli? Jeff Cordon is MY guy.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:26 pm

Vlad Popov wrote:
Kimi should have won 8 of the past 9 races.
They always had problems (no?) and good drivers who couldn't win because of these problems.

Trulli? Jeff Cordon is MY guy.
Since Mercedes entered F1 with McLaren they have had issues. A compnay called Ilmor actually manufacturers the Mercedes engines. Mercedes engineers Q/A, test and design the engines. It has always been an issue with Ilmor and reliability. I watched an older race from 1995 a few weeks ago. Both McLaren/Mercedes engines blew up in that one. Nothing new 10 years later.

The only way Mercedes will make a good engine is if F1 moves to Diesels. Otherwise we will see 3 out of every 5 Merc engines become expensive paperweights.

There is a reason Mercedes has no customer teams...and it isn't from lack of Mercedes trying to find one.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:33 pm

Rossi Completes Two-Day Test with Ferrari

Wednesday, 03 August 2005 17:37

MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi completed on Wednesday a two-day test with the Ferrari team at their Fiorano circuit.

The Italian driver, who has just renewed his contract with Yamaha until the end of the 2006 season, was again at the wheel of the F2004 car.

Rossi worked alongside Ferrari's engineers as well as Spanish test driver Marc Gene.

"I wanted to get a better understanding of a Formula One car and I would like to thank Ferrari for giving me the opportunity to do so," said Rossi. "The two days were intensive and interesting.

"I completed a lot of kilometres and I began to understand the handling of the car, working with the engineers and Marc Gene. I go back to the two wheels where there is still a long way to go to the end of the season."

(source: autosport.com)

This after Ferrari dropped Rubens in favor of the younger Massa...

hmmm?

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:59 pm

I like how they treat the number two driver. Speaking of whom...Alonso’s contract’s up in 2 years. Will he join Ferrari?..that promises to build the fastest cart in a year or two?

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:15 pm

I can't see Alonso at Ferrari. Kimi yes, Alonso no. The difference is that Ferrari have been talking about Kimi in the press, prasing him, etc. The first time anyone has heard about an Alonso - Ferrari link was this weekene from Alonso manager...

A Kimi/Rossi combo would scare ALOT of people on the grid.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:19 pm

Danica Patrick should drive for Ferrari.
She'd fit like a glove in Modena.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:38 pm

Or, better yet, sign Junior for a couple of seasons and put a Bud sticker close to the PM one.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:43 pm

"Ciao, y'all."

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:58 pm

There has been alot of press about Rossi's link with Ferrari in a "special tester" role next season and a race drive as early as 2008. Rossi came out today downplaying it saying it would be nice if Ferrari included him in this plan. However he ended the interview with the following quote.

"By nature I can't think of what will happen in two years' time and start to get ready now. But it's clear that I have to do something, to find new challenges.

"I wouldn't be able to stay five more years at Yamaha and win other championships like this. I'd need to change manufacturer, or class, or maybe start all over again, from Sport Production, to try to redo the same path."

-autosport.com

Vlad, I thought you would appreciate this as much as I.

I love that little Italian!

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:26 am

If he races F1, I will buy a TV set and get HD TV. :D