Inline Slalom (off topic)

Movie Files (avi, mpg, rm, etc.)

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:53 pm

Cool vid of inline "style" slalom

Not slalom skateboarding but entertaining.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:27 pm

Ja, Ja, I checked Sebastien Laffargue's- the new French guy- link today and saw his slalom times on 18-cone courses. I was, like, WOW!, dude, it's sick, how's that possible?!, no way!, I mean you're, like, a "Euro" and stuff, but Two point Six? 18 cones? Is Luca your father or something? What steroids are you on?

PS Liked the video
PPSS I like speedskating and inline-slalom too!
PPPSSS John Gilmour will be here soon. He's a full-time blader…
Sorry John, TK - yesterday, and now your other "closet" passion. :lol:

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:33 pm

Yeeess, I know this too.

Matters not. Scott Peer is an AWESOME inline enthusiast. So fast downhill, so smooth.

You and I are not keepers of the cat, it's out of the bag...

later

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:48 pm

Good stuff.

I'll forward it to Victor Luke in NYC who owns a recording studio- and helps run the inline scene down there- mainly the Inline Dance at the Dead Road in NYC- also to Francis Valentine at Cheap skaters.com- who used to supply me with racing wheels for skateboard slalom (essentially Stradas- ultra high duros for rollerskate racing) and to Josh of Boston who helps to run the Memorial Drive slalom course. Also to John Sullivan the fastest USA inliner in slalom. Those above guys were the best USA inline slalomers we have.

I never really did inline slalom- I just did one foot inline since it was similar to what I can do on a board- though I did win a competition I entered last minute- but they were using stopwatches so who knows how accurate that is.

The guy in the video is using very tight distances- tighter than we run in the USA. South Beach Florida Inline course uses about 6 foot centers.