STOKED The Rise And Fall Of Gator

Movie Files (avi, mpg, rm, etc.)

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

STOKED The Rise And Fall Of Gator

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:17 am

Last night I was talking to my good amigo Marcos Soulsby Monroy who originally is a California dude residing in Texas, he told me about this one kid who use to rip at Del Mar skate park back in the day. Marcos was a very good vert skater at the time. The kids name was Mark Rogowski. The skating industry used him and spit him out, and he had some demons inside of him to contend with at the end of the documentary he ends up in jail for murder. Steve Caballero says this at the end of the movie. " If people are smart and look back at the past, people that stick with something will likely suceed sometime. But if youre in it for the quick buck prepare to be out. But if you are true to yourself and true to the sport you will make it through the bad times. Check out this documentary it is worth watching. Eddy Texas Outlaw.

Frank Henn

Post by Frank Henn » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:20 pm

Yea it was definitely a very good movie. I thought it would be glorifying Gator as the skater (heh sorry). This was definitely not the case. To me it really showed that Gator was just a rock star in it for the fame. The movie was done surprisingly well.

go skate

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:54 pm

Derek Smith

Post by Derek Smith » Fri May 14, 2004 9:02 pm

It was so interesting to see that movie as I had my own experience with Gator. I worked in a skate shop in 87 or so when I was 16, and he came to do a demo. He could not have possibly been more of a dick the entire time. He told us that the demo area which we were stoked with was no good and basically refused to skate. He told all of us, including 8 year old kids, that "this town is the biggest shithole on earth." He wound up just leaving 20 minutes into the demo after downing a dozen beers in front of all the kids at 10AM. We all had such high expectations for him before he came, and after that, I've always resented the guy. The next week Jesse Martinez and some other Santa Cruz/SMA ams showed up and tore the place apart, raving about the ramps, slapping fives, signing every autograph they were asked for, giving tips, and generally being cool as hell. Those guys skated hours after the demo with us local kids and were so cool, hooting and hollering for everyone no matter how bad we were. You could tell that Jesse just loved skateboarding, and he was always better than Gator anyway! Long live the Mess!!

Frank Henn

Post by Frank Henn » Mon May 17, 2004 3:40 pm

He was just mad cause he couldnt ollie with out trannie