Live slalom contest footage over the internet.

Internet, Magazine, TV, Radio

Moderator: Maria Carrasco

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Live slalom contest footage over the internet.

Post by John Gilmour » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:44 am

Surfing did it...why don't we?

Howard Gordon and I had our first chat over the phone when I had Airora- a cellular based internet company that featured upload speeds so fast that we could have done live video over the net (I even bargained with the installer to get his special direcional antenna so i could use it with a laptop) with updated times it had speeds in the T1 range. That ended up with the relaunch of Turner.

So I suppose like all other AV over the net we will have to let the adult industry pave the way for progress. Luckily we have enough racers in California that could find out about the technology.

Cheap video cameras connected via wireless lans feeding real time footage of racers- all running several video feeds at once from different angles with interviews of the racers going on all the time.

You can drop the cameras down in fixed positions and use motion sensing to track the action.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Chris Barrett
Skurfskater
Skurfskater

Post by Chris Barrett » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:02 am

very cool idea! I've been playing around with some different 3rd party programs for video compression and serving. The new server OS I'm running is definatly capable of serving compressed video streams under the mpeg4 codec. the problem is you need to stream the source to the server and thats where theres hiccups for me at the moment. I like this idea alot though!

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Yep

Post by Claude Regnier » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:40 pm

We are working on a live video feed from the sk8park and hope to have it up and running in January.

Chris the guy videotaping the park slalom with High Def gear the other is working with a production company.

If everything works out we may see something happening at the Canada Day race next year.
Many Happy Pumps!