Slalom! archive: issues n° 1 and n° 2 posted

Internet, Magazine, TV, Radio

Moderator: Maria Carrasco

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Slalom! archive: issues n° 1 and n° 2 posted

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:56 pm

This is just to let you know that a scanned copy of the very first issue of the paper based Slalom! magazine is now available in the Nostalgia section.

Click here for a shortcut.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:42 pm

...and issue no 2 was posted today!

12 pages this time. More interesting content. Including some of the latest available slalom results of Pierre-André, that is before he started Etnies shoes!

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:54 pm

Very interesting to note that Ludek Vasa, Peter Kiss and Claus Grabke were mentioned in there. To Alpine snowboarders you may recognize the Vasa name )High tech carving alpine snowboards made in CZECH) Peter Kiss was a top rider as also is Grabke.

All from The Czech article in slalom issue #1.

Also interesting to note is Jose Fernandes- top Swiss snowboard racer doing well in European standings in Slalom! #2.

I never saw these issues and to see snowboard and skateboard carving crossover happening so early was very surprising to me.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:19 pm

Rumor has it Slalom! archive might be updated soon.
I was scanning some Slalom! stuff for one of the subforums and kind of went too far. I have a couple of issues scanned, two of them are with short racers’ profiles. Click on the thumbnails and then click on “Get Original Uploaded Photo”.

PS Matsukevitch is a vivid snowboarder. A hardbooter too.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:16 pm

Thank you Vlad!

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:30 pm

You know guys Slalom! issues 10-23 (plus the ISSA rulebook and other goodies) were scanned by Hughr a few years ago. These were Gilmour's copies. Some of the scans are hard to read so fresh (larger) scans might be nice but otherwsie they are all here.

http://www.skatemags.homestead.com/slalommagazine.html

I have had them all on my harddrive for years too so if you want to save the trouble of downloading them all I can make a .ZIP file of all the pages from Hurghr's site.

What do you think got me into slalom 3 years ago. Well what do you think got me excited about slalom. Slalom! magazine of course and all the riders I saw on it's pages. There was a reason my first slalom decks were Indianas. Luca rode them...Gilmour praised Luca...Turners were nowhere to be found (the next thing Gilmour praised and 3+ years ago classic Turners were going for $1000+ on e-bay)...So I figured Indianas must have been good if Luca dominated on them. Little did I know at the time Luca's deck had little to do with production Indianas. I spent 8 months trying to get Indianas to work for me, they never did. My first race (DC summer slalom nights finale Sept 01) was raced on an Indiana/g-truck/g-truck control(seismic clone) /toe block/hyper strada setup....oh the memories...

Anyway Slalom! is where I turned to for equipment/technique advice way back when. It's funny how 3 years later I have come full circle and am again refering to Slalom! But I know alot more things now and have alot more secrets!

Thanks Slalom! Thanks Jani!

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:39 pm

I read some of them. Jani will be uploading sequential issues soon. There's also "who's who in slalom" project on the way. This is just a prelude.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:41 pm

I can't wait!

Oh and BTW - the old ISSA image archive (the one you refreshed on the homepage of ss.com) that has been replaced...does that still exist on this site...or is the image directory open????

I miss that feature of this site.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:13 pm

Oh and BTW - the old ISSA image archive (the one you refreshed on the homepage of ss.com) that has been replaced...does that still exist on this site...or is the image directory open????

I miss that feature of this site.
The image library is now working again, it required a little bit of re-programming to work appropriately:

Random image library

There will soon be a link from the front pages (as before).

Armands Sausins

Post by Armands Sausins » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:23 pm

Hi, I think that man at the picture in RANDOM IMAGE LIBRARY are not Didzis Jasukaitis. Maybe we all together could find a right man? :smile:

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:58 pm

Armands,

You may be right about me making a mistake, so please help me identify the skaters if you find a mistake.

However you need to record the image number if you see an image with mistakes in the text. Right click on the image and choose save. Like that you will see which is the name of the image (names of images in the random library are all numbers).

To see many images in the image library press Refresh in your browser (Press [F5] in Internet Explorer) repeatedly.

Jani