DC 2003 SUMMER OUTLAW SLALOM SERIES

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Anthony Smallwood

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:34 pm

Hey Brian,

My son and I would like to run some cones or SRW this weekend. Either one or both, sounds good to us. Call me or post your plans. If you slalom anywhere in Virginia, I'd need directions.

I'll bet you're still jacked from last weekend, huh?

Slappy Maxwell

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:11 pm

It would be nice to start riding different spots. The P&R has become a lazy spot.

I think Vlad and I are riding Manassass Battlefield on Saturday.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:22 pm

The thing that rocks about the P&R is that it is easy to get too, the other spots I ridden in the DC area take forever to get too...except the gathering spot.

Fountianhead is a nightmare for those coming from the north.

Rene Hayden

Post by Rene Hayden » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:01 am

I agree with Vlad's suggestion of a bit more of a push start and the whole board tunage thing.

Make sure you know when the battle at Manassas (both of them) happened, or you might be stuck in a sea of reenactors. I don't think it's that hard to get to.

I'll try and make it this weekend. More than likely, I will have to work.

Brian--should I be expecting a package? just wondering so I can order from Jeff B. or not.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:47 am

I no caprissious, but

1. Fast courses need faster starts. Slow starts are goo for slow/technical courses adn CIbrSL.

2. We've been practicing at P&R many many time. I honest no been to Massanass. Slappy say 100 cone is good there. I try 100 cones this week because PlankkR project X is done and need test soon before gain 10 lbs back. I skate regular koorses too no problem becasue I no different.

3. Chris, you wanna come for a practice (with Noah or not), my place or/and Slappy's place Fr night. Keep in mind.

4. During (or a lil after maybe, I don't remember) the last "almost sober" smoke-free (honestly! yeah!) slalom sessN in Burke, we went to that heavinly heavinly place called Baja Fresh. We need to go there again becasue it's the best food aroudn! So after Massanass we go Baja Fresh?

Slappy?

Slappy Maxwell

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:59 am

The Manasshole spot is safe from the reenactments.

It's a dead end road that leads to the back of a rest stop off I-66.
It's on Vandor Lane.

Click here for directions

Baja Fresh is cool afterwards. There's one in Fair Lakes.

<font size=1>That better, Wes? Baja! Baja! Baja! Fresh.</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vlad popov on 2003-10-02 12:08 ]</font>

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:43 am

Slappy, <a target=_blank href="http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=G. ... ">Mapquest sucks. YahooMaps rules.</a>
You broke the forum by posting that long-ass URL.

Edited part:
Oops! The marker on that map is outdated.
Take Battleview Pkwy until it makes a left that Parallels I-66.
The name of it then changes to Vandor Lane.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WesE on 2003-10-02 04:22 ]</font>

Slappy Maxwell

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:47 pm

Sorry Wes.

I'm SO obsessed with posting anonymously on NCKKK that I didn't know this Yahoo thing even existed!

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:54 pm

Anything lurk-worthy going on the NaZi site?

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:36 am

Now now lads..comparing NCDSA to either the KKK or the Nazis only goes to legitamise those nasty organisations. NCDSA doesnt deserve those sort of quips.
Your both intelligent enough to be funny, but those last two posts show a lack of imagination.
SHame you wern't at the worlds...you missed a great race weekend.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:03 am

Damn, "they" worked on you man! Did "they" give you a gold medal or something?

Any site that allows posts of this nature: "**** the French, they are *****, but ***** and *********, so ***** them all*****and KILL their *******" and deletes posts selectivelly based on the geographical area... is a nice, friendly, nondiscriminative, absolutelly positevelly positive slalom site.

We, on the other hand, are just putting lables on it to keep it down, humiliate working class SoCal residents, and take a business away.

Imagine THAT!

I didn't go becasue I thought you wouldn't go. But here's a song I wrote.

Baby, baby
Oh where did your second thoughts go...
Oh, about going to the worlds...
They stung like a bee...

Hmmm...no good of a song? Well, at least I'll be able to make a quote of the day out of it!

<font size=1>congrats on your win.</font>

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:18 am

Oops, I can't make a quote of the day. You edited your post about having seconds thoughts on going to MB because ohh... the attitude problem? What was it? I don't recall...

But it wouldda been something like this:

Michael Stride, Septemer 08, 2003, DC forum:
"edited post"
The meaning was: I'm heaving second thoughts about going to MB. Is it really worth it flying all the way to be....I'm really not good with memorizing every single word.

Michael Stride, October 02, 2003 in DC froum:
"SHame you wern't at the worlds...you missed a great race weekend."

You know what? Shame on those who say "Shame you weren't there" to those who didn't go there for a good reason.

I'm happy to have my $1000 saved.

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:46 am

What's the good reason?

Slappy Maxwell

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:49 am

A little humorous subversion is deserved for that website.

The moderator's selective use of editing has clearly shown the direction of that website. Let the guy with the personality disorder run the website.

Michael, I understand you advertise on NCDSA (and to be honest the UK forum is probably the best part of that site). But don't you feel uncomfortable posting in this site knowing that Adam Trahan, the creator of SS.com, is blocked from even viewing the other site?

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:54 am

Vlad. If you had gone it would have been even more fun and exciting.
I went, I raced, and I did quite well.

You would have found the courses to your liking I think.

I decided to go becuase its a great place to go and see whats hot in slalom, and I can get to see my suppliers all at one time in one place. I went with an open mind and I am glad I did.

But please don't think for one instance that I or many others would let rascist posts like the one you mentioned about 'the French' be left unchallenged.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:54 pm

I don't like the words "souldda", "couldda" and "wouldda". None of them are applicable to history (history-as in the past, not HISTORY-history). And I believe it is for that reasons professional historians NEVER use those words when studying the past (those who don't make money writing popular ideological BS that is).

I can name at least 5 good reasons I didn't go, Noah. Some of them were discussed <b>prior</b> to the funn(i)est race in the world.

This forum is not an objective source of (race) information. E-mails and telephone are still better. So, in retrospect, after talking to some of the key players who were in EU and MB, I have no regrets. Unlike...about going to Colorado and NOT going to Gruningen.

Defending NCDSA or making fun of it... This forum, like any other forum on ss.com, BIG thanks to Trahan, is open to ANY discussion (it should be in the DC discussion section, or something, but whatever). There are limits...I wish we could discuss "in the open" the European 2003 Championship Disaster and the reason Gilmour CREAMED everyone at the Farm III, and failed to place good in MB. But we can't.
One of the reasons is:
Slalom is a sport in which about 20 people know what they are doing and 3 of them can explain the outcome of MB. As long as I'm one of those 3, I'm Ok with that. Don't ask don't tell. :smile:

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:50 pm

[/img]
Last edited by William Tway on Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:59 am, edited 7 times in total.

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:58 pm

Right On, Tway.

Vlad this is the DC Outlaw Slalom Series forum.

Please take this discussion to the “Dark Side”. MB was one of the greatest skate weekends I have ever had. The East Coast rocked the West Coast rocked the Mid West Rocked the Rockies rocked and the Euros rocked. Everyone there got em a little piece.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:11 pm

I had a fun weekend myself.

And I won't disclose Luca's and others e-mail content here on in the Darkroom forum. It's just not cool.

Done.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:48 pm

Offtopic, but better then starting a new thread.

I don't feel comfortable as a moderator here. I don't belong. Brian, would you please take over?

I'll write Adam right away.

Thanks.

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:04 pm

No Vlad, you belong. We just need to shake you up every once in a while.

Don't take my post the wrong way. You are still my favorite Russian slalomer.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:22 pm

Someday I'll meet someone else who rides a Summerski while living in Leesburg Virginia and grew up in Tennessee.

In the meantime, BP is my favorite Leesburg-living', Tennessee-raised slalomer.

Hey, if I'm lucky, SHE'LL be blonde!

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:02 pm

Slappy,

Please send me your email address.

Thanks,
Jack

Slappy Maxwell

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:54 pm

John Dillon

Post by John Dillon » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:58 pm

Ok party people!
Let's run some cones this wknd, oct 11-12...or will we do that fri eve at Ohm's Walker site? Where's it going to be?P&R,Battlefield,Woodbridge,Lans? If I don't hear back from y'all I'll run some cones near where I'm working sat morn in PG/Calvert County, then I may clean and/or sk8 a pool/bowl in SE,DC/Waldorf....can anybody dig this?
I've heard some things said by peolpe on the east coast and by those on the west coast and not to leave anybody out but also from those with no coast and those in between both coasts and all coasts and I have come to the conclusion that some of it is smack, some of it is said and taken out of context and some of it is hilarious, some of it makes no sense at all and some of it...if it could be retracted....that person would probably do so,and if anyone talks $h*t about me, I could care less because I'm rubber and you are glue, whatever you say sticks to you............just kidding...everyone let's lighten up...we are all different people and we all have different levels of tolerance....the World's, the Universe, and the up-coming BY GOD WV Slalom Race are all fun events,,,,,let's all DC Outlaw Slalom skaters have some fun.....only one of us can win the race but all of us can have fun, therefore, we can all win!

Slappy Maxwell

Post by Slappy Maxwell » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:56 pm

How about a race or practice at Battlefield on Saturday?

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:59 pm

AbsolYUtaleee. If there's no DC race, which was quite possible ...if I dind't kill all my braincells with traditionsal slalom drinks.

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:16 pm

Hey, if you go back a few pages I was planning on having an Outlaw race this Saturday at the P&R. I think Noah, Kevin and possibley UR13 was planning on making the trip if the weather is good.

Not to say that a session at the Battlefield would not be fun.

I know the P&R is an easy spot but to prevent guys from traveling and getting shut down I think it would be best.

I maybe can even be persuaded to set a really tight course.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:18 pm

Yes, I mean, No, I didn't kill all of them! Slappy, don't mix them, man. You'll remember more things much longer! :grin:

PS. Ed. Slappy, I hope I don't offend you, you know, in the context of "I din't mean to offend you" tude somewhere up there.

PPS. Will this be taken to other places on the web soon. Or will it rest here forever and ever? Millions of peaches, peaches for me...millions of peaches, peaches for free...I heard it a long long time ago. Who, where - I don't remember. But it's about the peaches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vlad popov on 2003-10-07 17:47 ]</font>

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:52 pm

Brain, maybe TS and GS?

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:19 am

Vlad, you should set the course(s) since you are the know-it-all God of all Slalom :smile: .........Sorry, I made a BoBo !!!
Vlad, if you don't know what that means, ask me.
Remember people, Slalom racing is FUN.
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:03 am

As it stands now guys Noah and I ARE planning to come down to DC to race on Saturday, weather permitting of course. Noah said he will make the final call friday after watching the weather.

If it DOESN'T rain it would be rad to run the "slalom" as early as possible...t

I hope to see you all this weekend.

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:36 am

"Millions of peaches, peaches for me...millions of peaches, peaches for free...I heard it a long long time ago. Who, where - I don't remember. But it's about the peaches. "

That is from POTUSOA

Presidents Of The United States Of America

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:52 pm

Chris, long time no see! Where have you been???

Dan, I set two courses at P&R. 80-cone 6 ft straight dual. They are marked. Consider them my signature courses. When they become too easy, we can put 1-cone offsets and skate special (signature special that is).

Brian's courses are fine. And they are getting better.

Peaches come from a can
They were put there by a man
In a factory downtown.

I remember now.

I love my peaches! Now, take it to where it belongs!

Kevin M. Gamble
Stahlstown, PA
Stahlstown, PA

Post by Kevin M. Gamble » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:59 pm

To race or not to race, THAT is the question. Brian, what do you think? Looks like the rain might hold off until later in the afternoon on Saturday in G'burg.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kevin M. Gamble on 2003-10-10 11:45 ]</font>

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:01 pm

The power is out at Brian's office, so he won't be reading this until this evening or such.

THE weather experts say that the weather will be nice and the temps around 70 degrees on Saturday. Let's race.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:16 pm

As far as I can tell the morning looks like it will be dry until about 3pm....

can we start practice for the slalom around 9am? You longboarders can race in the rain...not that longboards need performance anyway..haha....

?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris Stepanek on 2003-10-10 13:17 ]</font>

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:42 pm

The morning weather looks good and the after 4pm weather looks fair. So we will start the practice for traditional slalom at 10am and run that first and go for the longboards in the afternoon.

If anyone has a problem with this...just keep it to yourself. Kidding. Let me know.

I would like to set a longer course than usual so I may need a few extra cones.

Michel Temoche

Post by Michel Temoche » Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:39 am

I might step on a skate for the first time since Adam's Morgan Day tomorrow. Probably won't race though, aother fall would probably kill me and I still have a little bit of swelling. I know a couple of more challenging spots within a mile or so of P&R. I was saying P&R was practically flat a couple of years ago. Anyhow have fun if I don't see ya.

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:28 am

On 2003-10-10 21:39, Michel Temoche wrote:
I know a couple of more challenging spots within a mile or so of P&R. I was saying P&R was practically flat a couple of years ago.
Mitch,
Glad you're recovering. Let's race at these more challenging spots(care to elaborate?)sometime.
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan

Jack Quarantillo

Thanks for 'da hospitality....

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:37 am

Hey Everyone,
This is Jack, aka Queue (on a few other boards) or just Q...

I live so close to the G'burg P&R that I've seen you guys running races, and finally hooked up by accident this weekend. I was the kook in the fake woody who ran the GS on a Bulldog Skates Longboard. (Only to be outdone by my son who ran the same GS on his popsicle stick... )

Anyhow, I had a ball hanging with you guys and trying out all your boards. The warm hospitality imparted on me and my son by everyone was amazing....

I'm not sure if I'll ever achieve the capabilities of running a TS course, but nonetheless we had a ball....

And Vlad, what's up with the Peaches thing? I'm acutally pretty tight with the guys in that band... and one of them even is a park skater....?!?!?

OH yeah... we finally made it to Lansdowne today (Sunday) and it was fabulous.... pretty much had the park to ourselves.

I'm sure Michael and I have a lock on 10th and 11th places in the GS :) , but we had a great time, and hope to catch up with everyone on November 1.

Thanks again,
Jack, aka Q

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:57 am

Jack,

nice to meet you. New people, esp. new families, in the DC slalom club is probably Brian’s biggest slalom-related organizational achievement.

Thanks to Bozi Longboards for sponsoring the DC race series and other DC races!

Peaches don’t come from a can, they come from NCDSA site, get some quotes here, modify it a bit, rip them out of context, repost it and have a blast with the consequent discussions. This is the only way peaches can find satisfaction in life. As a psychologist and a humanitarian, I try to make them happy so that they don’t abuse their wives and children.

I like the song. Sorry for the confusion.

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:30 pm

@Vlad...
No confusion... I too love the song, I'm just having a hard time with the "six degrees of separation" thing...

1. Q enjoys song, somehow befriends band during breakup in 1997.

2. Guitar player of same band repeatedly wears BDS t-shirt on tour in 2003.

3. Q quizzes said guitar player about shirt.

4. Said guitar player dials Q into BDS.

5. Q buys BDS longboard (BDS throws in a copy of Concrecte Wave, covering various topics, including slalom, and including a pic of YOU, Vlad!

6. Q stumbles upon DC slalom race 10/12/2003

7. Q checks in on Slalom Skateboarder BBS to see what's up, finding Vlad quoting "Peaches".

Kinda bizarre cycle eh?

OK, enough of that...

Q

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:07 pm

8. Q dials Dave and tells him 1 to 7. Dave’s in disbelief. Dave flies out to DC to meet the DC/DC slalom crew.
9. Dave jamms with the DC/DC club on his longboard and makes new friends.
10. The Presidents come to play at the most posh slalom race around (Da Farm IV) next year.
11. Jason’s down with the flu.
12. Vlad plays the drums while Chris sings: “I'm movin' to the country, I'm gonna eat me a lot of peaches...”
13. Concrete Wave publishes the Farm report in pictures in the following issue.

There’s destiny!

John Dillon

Jack Q

Post by John Dillon » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:23 pm

Great meeting you and son, Jack! Hope to see you two again.

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:07 am

Jack,
Welcome, brother. Come again. It's not how high you place, it's how much fun you have :)
And I love to see youngins actually rolling and turning.
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan

Michel Temoche

More Challenging Spot

Post by Michel Temoche » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:31 am

Thanks for the encouragement, Dan. If you get a chance, check out the parking lot at the top of Professional drive. From the P&R head east onto Quince Orchard and then North on 355 (Frederick Ave). Professional drive is around 4 lights up 355 and on the left. There's a 7-11 on the corner.
Congratulations Kook!

Michel Temoche

Peaches?

Post by Michel Temoche » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:42 am

"Walkin' on the beaches, looking at the peaches" - The Stranglers

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:18 am

Vlad Popov wrote:8. Q dials Dave and tells him 1 to 7. Dave’s in disbelief. Dave flies out to DC to meet the DC/DC slalom crew.
9. Dave jamms with the DC/DC club on his longboard and makes new friends.
10. The Presidents come to play at the most posh slalom race around (Da Farm IV) next year.
11. Jason’s down with the flu.
12. Vlad plays the drums while Chris sings: “I'm movin' to the country, I'm gonna eat me a lot of peaches...”
13. Concrete Wave publishes the Farm report in pictures in the following issue.

There’s destiny!
Hey Vlad,
While we're working on your destiny to play drums for PUSA, tell me about the event. Cuz I'm a newb, I don't know from 'da farm...

What's it all about? I dunno if Dave is into slalom, but PUSA have been known to play quirky events, so fill me in, and we can see what happens.

Jack