Guess who I met yesterday?

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

John Dillon

Guess who I met yesterday?

Post by John Dillon » Thu May 24, 2007 5:19 am

Whilst skating at Greenbelt skatepark I was talking to someone who was watching us skate. During a break we talked about skateboarding and he said he used to slalom in the early 70s. Turns out he is Bill Cornett, 53 yrs old.....skated for Caravan Skate Team and then Comp Pro or something like that...anyone remember him? He said he still has his slalom board....I told him we need to photograph it and post it here on this board. We may try to run a slalom race in Greenbelt sometime in the near future. He told me he participated in a slalom race on Plateau St in Old Greenbelt back in the early 70s, when he beat all but the top slalom racer from a local slalom team. He told me he raced throughout the east coast after that race and he did rather well. It was good talking to him.....he just wished that Greenbelt had built a skatepark back when he was younger. It's cool seeing all the older folks getting back on a skateboard after all these years....too ba dthe skatepark there is so small.

John Granlund

Hey JD!

Post by John Granlund » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:32 am

Still Kickin at the Daddy G ranch... We moved into our new home, got busy, then busier... Then sacrificed for my country and went to Spain and Italy for three weeks of R & R... Whacher doin' these days?
John G.