York, PA Skateboarding Blowout and Skatepark Fundraiser 6/2

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Thu May 10, 2007 12:26 am

Eric (carveNgrind) asked me to post this over here for the DC crew.

http://www.reidmenzermemorialskatepark. ... aiser.html
Skateboarding Blowout and Skatepark Fundraiser

THE BIGGEST SKATEBOARDING EVENT YORK HAS EVER SEEN TO PUT FUNDRAISING FOR
THE REID MENZER MEMORIAL SKATEPARK OVER THE TOP!!!!!

June 2, 2007
(rain date June 3)

noon - 6:00 p.m.

Memorial Park - York, PA

Admission: $5
(Free admission with at least 5 Kickflip for Ca$h pledges)

bring your skateboards and a lawn chair!

Featuring:

*skatepark groundbreaking ceremony at 2:00

* One Skateboards freestyle demo team

* live Music from McRad, Smiles Project, Glen Landing, and Shoreline

*“DJ Geoffro” will perform between sets

* "Krux Kickflip Challenge" - Kickflips for Ca$h
entry form now available - click here to download
(thanks Alternative Skateshop)

* “Motto” best grip tape contest
(prize given for the most creative, custom grip tape that shows up at the event that day)

* longboard and OG slalom course, exhibitions, and competition

* Heater/CharmCity, Truancy, One Skateboards, LostSoulSkateboards, Wreckroom, Motto Grip, and Alternative Skateshop

* skateboard art from Rich Moorhead

* raffles and auction
50/50 and prizes $1 each or 10 for $5
Live Auction items include: 2 complete long boards, art-crafted table, tattoo, custom tattooed skateboard deck, signed poster by Tony Hawk,
4-panel graffiti art piece

* Marked for Life” tattoos and artists

*Graffiti artist Ramon Trevino of “Writer’s Block”
and other artists will be creating a large graffiti piece to be auctioned

* loads of food and drink -
free product from Red Bull

*Radio station, “WTPA” live broadcast from noon – 2:00

CHECK BACK REGULARLY AS MORE DETAILS BECOME AVAILABLE

volunteers are needed to help with this event - please email bwelty@welty.com if you can help!!

Directions

FROM PHILADELPHIA: Take the PA Turnpike (I-76) West to Exit 21 (Reading Exit). Follow US-222 South to Lancaster, where you will take US-30 West towards York. Before entering York, turn left onto North Hills Road and continue about ¾ mile. Follow signs to I-83 South. Take I-83 South to Exit 18 (Mount Rose Avenue). Turn right onto PA-124 West. At the 4th traffic light keep going straight as PA-124 ends and Prospect Street begins. Turn left onto Vander Avenue (5th street on the left). Memorial Park parking lot is on left at the end of Vander Avenue.

FROM HARRISBURG (North): Take I-83 South to Exit 18 (Mount Rose Avenue). Turn right onto PA-124 West. At the 4th traffic light keep going straight as PA-124 ends and Prospect Street begins. Turn left onto Vander Avenue (5th street on the left). Memorial Park parking lot is on left at the end of Vander Avenue.

FROM LANCASTER (East): Take Route 30 West to I-83 South. Take I-83 South to Exit 18 (Mount Rose Avenue). Turn right onto PA-124 West. At the 4th traffic light keep going straight as PA-124 ends and Prospect Street begins. Turn left onto Vander Avenue (5th street on the left). Memorial Park parking lot is on left at the end of Vander Avenue.

FROM MARYLAND (South): Rt I-83 North to South Queen St (Exit 6). Go North on South Queen Street. At the 3rd light, turn right on Rathton Rd. Go 2 blocks and turn left on Edgar St. Go to first STOP sign and turn right on Rockdale Ave. Take Rockdale straight ahead into Memorial Park parking lot.

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Thu May 10, 2007 2:44 am

Longboard slalom/slalom demo will start promptly at noon, as I have to leave at 2:00 for my stepdaughter's wedding.

If you come, you'll need really soft (I'd recommend 78a or lower) wheels.

This park will be a major must ride for anyone in the region! Here is the design:
http://reidmenzermemorialskatepark.org/ ... -20071.pdf

Can you say ten foot deep kidney pool with black and white checkered (ala Vans) tile?
I thought so.
And a ditch/banked run that might be suitable for banked slalom.
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:24 am

Hey kooks,

Dillon is coming. Get your butts up here! I made the longboard slalom super easy so the inexperienced kids could make it.

There will be lot's more happening. Kickflip Challenge, Mountain Dew Team demo, live bands (including McRad).

This will be the best concrete park in the region. No admission, no pad requirements!

http://www.reidmenzermemorialskatepark. ... aiser.html
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan

Mike Ohm

york

Post by Mike Ohm » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:54 pm

Dan, it's my 13th Wedding Anniversary. Sorry, I cannot make it.
Damn Skippy

John Dillon

Big time fun in York Today...and in Greenbelt!

Post by John Dillon » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:20 am

Thanks PA Dan for setting the course...I had fun skating there....we got lots of new skaters to try the slalom course...too bad Penn State built a building at the top of the old soap-box derby hill.....then I rolled out of York and made it to Greenbelt's skatepark dedication, which was a way fun session too....got there 2 minutes before the Mayor of Greenbelt started her speech.