...gonna host a b-mOre outlaw slalom race in a couple weeks

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Cabbage

...gonna host a b-mOre outlaw slalom race in a couple weeks

Post by Cabbage » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:42 pm

found a great venue for outlaw slalom racing.....
........1 mile from the park and ride where 70 east bound ends. Park vibe, hardly any traffic, big bike path, brand new asphalt, cut backs all the way down, can see the entire course from anywhere, easy walk route back up to start line. picnic table and grills everywhere, so perfect for the family, no hassle kinda place, very peacefull setting, we need to do this. Dillon is come'n to check it out tomarrow4-21, we are gonna tune the hill up, and put up some cones make some runs. anyone interested hit us up. I rode it today on a 42 inch mc gravity board, and had a blast, a giant salom class, and a longboard would work too. Check back for a race soon, probally after I get back from NM. So in a couple weeks, outlaw race in b-more, wanna see all you dc outlaws guys come out. free parking, no hassle fun time on a new hill. Call john or I if you are interested in checking it out tomarrow, I tyhink a lansdowne session is due for tommarrow too.. also big fast good giant slalom or downhill right next to this park, for people that want a little more...anyone interested? I'm gonna host one crazy race, you guys are gonna flip, will try to take photos, soon..

maybe sunday may 6th? 10:30-11:30 practice, racing at noon....is that a good date for any of you? I can get product for prizes

John Dillon

Sat 4/21/07

Post by John Dillon » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:27 pm

Come on out and let's check out this hill that Cabbage just found. Let's meet at the I-70 Park-n-Ride just inside the Baltimore Beltway at 10am, and go skate this hill. Cabbage and I have been looking for new hills for slalom races in the Baltimore areaand this could be what we've been looking for....Since it looks like Ken Delaney has found a hill on the east side of Baltimore, this could be the hill to run cones on the west side of town. Then, we could hit up Lansdowne(bring all pads and helmet).Call me @fourfourthreesixonezeroeightyfoureightyeight if you are coming to meet us Saturday morn.

Cabbage

re

Post by Cabbage » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:40 pm

yeah, i'm excited this venue is going to challendge riders 4 sure. Will be fun for all levels, not to mention the vibe of this place is great....come and see 4 yourself, 1 mile from 70 park and ride, just inside the 695 beltway, very easy to access....photos to come soon

Cabbage

phase I of cabbage's super secret b-more slalom course

Post by Cabbage » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:07 pm

mason and I just finished phase I of tighten up the path, super fun, weird, also have place for tight slalom guys, hahaha this course is gonna be a unique sk8ing expierience...John call me tonight...

John Dillon

Ref: New Slalom hill in Balto...

Post by John Dillon » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:58 pm

Yo Cabbage,
I'm getting all my mowing done this eve so I can check out the hill in the morn after I celebrate Earth day by taking a ton of yard waste and limbs to the County compost pile. I'll call you tonight. Anybody else want to join me in the morn? If so, meet me @10am at the I-70 Park-n-Ride, inside 695.

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:24 am

I'm pretty sure May 6th works, nice to see some action in B'more. Let those NoVA guys drive for a change!
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan

Cabbage

yes

Post by Cabbage » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:18 am

right on dan, yes it will be worth it for them boys to come up, I'm say'n asap...anyone wanna know more feel free to hit me up. I'm say'n for the next month or so, the path and bridge that is going to connect to this is not done. So we shouldn't have any problems securing a course... great walk back path on both sides of the switchbacks...sick....smaller and tighter, not wide open, little tech at the top, gonna make it long, with a tighter ending...come on ohm, parsons, spread the hype, May 6th cabbage's first annual backwoods in b-mOre race. For real funky slalom racers...bring grills, coolers, kids, whatever, wes better bring the sock drawer for this one...call me in the am. john and I'll meet up with ya, don't know how long I got, but, the course is preaty clear...so we will be able to ride

John Dillon

Time changed to 11:45am 0n 4/21

Post by John Dillon » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:05 am

I decided to change the meetup time from 10am to 11:45am to give more time for peeps to make it...call my cell in previous post for directions if u need them.

Cabbage

john

Post by Cabbage » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:14 pm

call me at home its 9am sat morning

John Dillon

Fun time nice hill

Post by John Dillon » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:56 am

This is a good find....a good venue for a race...5 of us ran the hill...incl Cabbage's lil son, though he didn't like our cones(rocks) so he threw them into the grass. Even Cabbage's wife skated from the parking lot to the hill, but she didn't run the course. Double D, me, Cabbage & Big T all ran the course. You had to really loosen up your trucks so you could make the hairpin turns w/o ending up off-course in the grass like I did more than once. Since this is new construction...you will all flip out when you see it for yourself....real switchbacks! You had to scrub speed by carving sharply. We all made the course on a 42" Gravity(w/no concave), Randall's and Gravity wheels...I forget which ones. A couple of modern new-schoolish park boards made it too. This can be kind of technical where more speed isn't always best. Each time you complete the course you get faster....it's a different kind of race that I think will be a lot of fun plus you can picnic right next to the course. Come check it out! Thanks for the find, Cabbage!

Cabbage

re

Post by Cabbage » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:03 pm

right on John, yes lots of fun to be had, at this spot even with the family, trails, lots of rockthrowing in the creek, can't wait to get everyone out....so I still need som feedback about a date...talk to me slalom'ers

Cabbage

couple photos

Post by Cabbage » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:31 pm

Cabbage

re

Post by Cabbage » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:36 pm

sorry i made em big so you could see a bunch, anyway, you can't see the start or finish line in either photo, and that path is wide enough for a jeep to drive up, the 42 does cones there no problem, you guys are gonna dig it. I gs board will be great here. Don't let the dirt stains freak ya out, we are get'n em, this is a brand new spot, only one day of cleaning.

John Dillon

Thanks, Cabbage!

Post by John Dillon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:37 am

For posting those pix....I want to go back real soon....have fun in NM!

Cabbage

wow

Post by Cabbage » Mon May 21, 2007 10:11 pm

they repaved the entire run, brand new asphalt, trail not open, so when do you guys want to race? lets do this...any takers?