Worst Winter in 25 years

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

David Riordon

Worst Winter in 25 years

Post by David Riordon » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:14 pm

The skateboarding must be good because snow has been crappy, though it is fun as all get out riding even the crappy snow. By the way we ran into old schooler Andrew Wahl on Monday at Whitetail. Good to see a fellow AARP snowboarder out there.

Check out the link from Team Goggle Gap holding it down for the locals (Not sure how long the link will last.) That's me in the back making turns right behind my brother Steeb. We were harassing the media. I sprayed the cameraman with snow and we were winging snowballs at the reporter from the chair lift. Ollie Spiro is such a jerk.

http://wjz.com/topstories/local_story_015182658.html
lbk

John Dillon

Ref: lbk & Steeb

Post by John Dillon » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:21 am

Way to go, guys! Very entertaining!
I just got back from Vail & Winter Park, Colo.....awesome conditions....finding powder runs was still easy to do 5 days after some snowfall....I made some turns for you.

Mike Ohm

winter

Post by Mike Ohm » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:27 pm

Yep, we skated on Saturday. Ran cones with Earl at Walker Lane.

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:55 am

Just finished off my snowboard season this past week with a run down through a double black diamond out west with my punk @$% brother Steeb. "What's that sign say down there?" answer, "cliff area". I ride down to it and sure enough the sign reads "Caution Cliff". Ended up working our way down and around it.

What an odd winter, it started out so piss poor but seemed like it lasted forever, actually 5 months. Our local hill, Whitetail, closed with more snow on it than ever. It could have stayed open into April but the crowds stopped coming so they closed it down.

Then again, Killington is going to get dumped on again Thursday
(4-12-07) and they have got tons of snow http://www.killington.com/igallery.html . Anybody up for a Vermont road trip?
lbk