Bob Hathaway- RIP

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

John Dillon

Bob Hathaway- RIP

Post by John Dillon » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:51 am

I just found out about this from Caveman and I wanted to share this info w/you folks, some of whom may have known Bob. Bob was born in England but he grew up in Columbia, Maryland. When I moved back here from England myself I met Bob via skateboarding as I had many friends in Columbia plus we all skated Lansdowne together. Plus, I always saw him at the great skate parties in Columbia back in the 80s. Bob later moved to Hawaii and then to Kill Devil Hills, in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. A super cool dude Bob skateboarded and surfed and he made pottery at his home studio. Anyways, Bob left this world unexpectedly just the other week and a funeral will be held in KDH at his home on Arch St. From there his ashes will be tossed into the ocean so he may still be able to catch waves while we are trying to make it here on Earth. I had fun sharing the old memories we had and catching up w/him earlier this summer at the 30th Anniversary of the Ocean Bowl Reunion. The ceremony begins at 2pm in KDH, NC.....for more info, please check out Rob Nelson's rad website: Eastcoastaholic.com You will be missed but not forgotten, Bob! God bless you!
Last edited by John Dillon on Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Dillon

Oooops...2pm this Saturday...

Post by John Dillon » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:55 am

in KDH, NC.

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:32 am

I knew Bob back in the day, may he rest in peace and rip in our heart and minds.
lbk