2nd Northern Virginia Outlaw Downhill Race

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Anthony Flis

2nd Northern Virginia Outlaw Downhill Race

Post by Anthony Flis » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:00 am

Hey guys here comes the fall race that I promised to plan. November 18th out at Beacon Hill in leesburg. I posted up all the info on silverfish. The link to the calendar dily is: http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/f ... 18&c=1.and the link to the thread in the forum is: http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/f ... post472630
Come on out and support the increasing downhill scene since slalom has gone the way of the buffalo around here. Even if you dont want to race just come hang out and skate with a bunch of young guys who love going fast and such.
- Anthony Flis

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:58 am

Last edited by Anthony Flis on Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:07 am

Hey come on you coneheads who wants to try some 45mph pack racing in the cold? I have people confirming from newyork and farther come out and support some adrenaline junkies!

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:32 am

*tumble weed tumbles*

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:11 pm

I am there. I hear this hill is great and its right in my back yard.

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:29 am

Hey Guys, check out the link on silverfish for this race.

It has really exploded in popularity and there will be a sizable field competing. The hill seems to be plenty safe enough for non-down hillers. Not nearly as life threatening as Fountainhead. Limited traffic. But still downhill fast.

Totally outlaw, no entry. Should be a blast.

They are requiring a full-face helmet but I am sure they will be some to borrow.

I am actually going to try to race.

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:19 am

Anthony and crew put on a killer downhill race today.

It is absolutely amazing seeing packs of 4 guys screeming toward a drifting corner at what I guess was close to 45-50 MPH.

I rode my slalom setup and could not hold it from the top of the hill it was just to hairball with speed wobbles out of the corner. As the practice session progressed I realize if I carved off speed near the top then airbraked right before the corner I could make it.

I tried my homemade downhill board which was just to fast. I dont have a full face or leathers so no way was I going to go through the corner with 3 other guys on board that will not turn.

I ended up racing in the AM catagory which raced on about 3/4th hill in groups of four. Ended up second as Danny out drafted me. I was moving a bunch of air for him and he slipped past me.

These guys did a great job pulling together an outlaw race with a crowd of over 30 racers with at least that many spectators.

It was great to see all the young guys that used to race longboard slalom wth us just killing it on speedboards.

One of the best days of outlaw skateboarding I have had in a long time.

Anthony Smallwood

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:35 pm

BP was killing it. Some of the most ballsy skating I've seen in a long time. It's funny to hear him say he was afraid to ride his downhill board. I was afraid watching him on his slalom board. I stood on his board and rolled a few feet and was convinced he's crazy.

BTW Brian, you say your downhill board doesn't turn and I'm wondering what trucks you're running.