Lansdowne Concrete Bowl closed for repairs for 2 more weeks.

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

John Dillon

Lansdowne Concrete Bowl closed for repairs for 2 more weeks.

Post by John Dillon » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:02 pm

Hey folks,
Pks & Rec has closed the concrete side of Lansdowne skate Park for 2 more weeks so they can repair the cracks(gaps) that have formed that were not fixed a few years ago. The bogus Skate Wave section is still open although it's not quite the same as the concrete part of the skate park. For those who care, Lansdowne opened in the autumn of 1979 and this will be the 1st repair of any kind at this huge, awesome concrete skate park on the concrete. This is just another reason why a concrete skate park is better than a modular, steel, skatelite, or wooden 'skate park'.

John Dillon

Still closed.........

Post by John Dillon » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:12 pm

Yup, I return from Vancouver,BC & Seattle(yea, it was awesome!) and I went to Lansdowne this past Saturday to ride the concrete waves there....and much to my dismay, the concrete section is still closed......Pks & Rec is v'ing out all the cracks...and there are a lot.... and patching it w/some type of rubberized caulk. The biggest cracks were all dug out and fully repaired by new crete.........only time and skating upon it will tell if it's good repair or a great one...we'll see.....I can live w/a few more weeks of it being closed if the repair is done correctly.........however, it looks like it could be closed a few weeks longer....I will post up when the concrete section of Lansdowne Skatepark is reopened....in the meantime you can play on the modular section.......NOT ME! Hopefully, the concrete repairs will be done in time for a banked slalom race later in November!?

John Dillon

Lans is open but will be closed 11/13&14th...

Post by John Dillon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:39 am

in order to repair additional cracks. I haven't skated the repairs yet as

i rolled up there as it was closing....Cabbage was there on his way out & he says the repairs are good. The cracks were filled w/a pliable caulk....it seems to be holding up well thus far....but I hope it holds up to slides and the weather. I will be there this Saturday afternoon if anyone wants to join me.....Cabbage & I are most likely holding a Post-Turkey Day(the Sat after Thanksgiving) banked slalom race, plus we may be holding some fun skate contests.....as before....but w/o prizes.....I will confirm w/ Pks & Rec on Saturday....btw, Lans will be open noon-5pm on Turkey Day! Stay tuned for banked slalom confirmation!