Charles County skate contest yesterday and St Mary's next...

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

John Dillon

Charles County skate contest yesterday and St Mary's next...

Post by John Dillon » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:16 pm

Saturday on Aug 26th. The skating was the most insane yesterday. Curt Kimbel & I had the time of our lives watching all the stoked skaters ripping it up. I emceed all day and today my voice is a lil hoarse despite the mic. Thanks to all the Surfrider volunteers who showed up and helped keep things moving for without you all the funtest would not have been so successful. Come on out for the final bowl contest next Sat down in Lexington Park, Maryland at Niclolet Park for more fantastic skateboarding. Big props to Nino for throwing down a fast-line-to-ribcage slide....he won Georgie Roy's art helmet for that....and to the G-unit crew for their hard riding ALL DAY LONG! Plugster Greg Williamson, who was upside down above the coping all day w/his inverts and handplants made me dizzy. Va-transplant to oil country(TX) Hatchell was spinning everywhere while NC's Jesse Davis and local roundwaller Wes Meadows ruled the vert w/coping killers on every run. A contest would not be complete w/o mentioning Corey Rubin's crazy tricks despite his hand all wrapped in metal pins,etc, from a clam-catching incident. Everyone had a blast but it was the street novices who, w/38 contestants in their group, are the new future rippers to watch out for & who will be carrying on the torch of fun in the decades ahead....same w/the young roundwallers! Come on out next Saturday, win raffle prizes donated by local skate shops and have fun skating or just watching....guaranteed fun!

John Dillon

ST Mary's Contest(MASS)

Post by John Dillon » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:28 am

The skate action went down in St Mary's County, Maryland like no other contest before.....with intense action throughout the concrete skatepark, the bowl skaters and street skaters were creative & busting out moves and helping each other go for more....several older vert riders were tearing it out in the deep end bigtime.....'Alabama', NC's Jesse Davis, and N Va's Wes Meadow were insane...but not to be outdone by ECRWster Greg Williamson and Tx's, former Woodbridge,Va's Ben Hatchell...............all types of invert manoeuvers and lip tricks were incorporated into some serious moves....even former Va Beacher, John Fudala showed up and threw down some sick board slides and grinds and big b-side airs................in the end, it was............(sorry I cannot tell ya....go read about it in Concrete Wave mag later this yr) in 1st, followed by.............in 2nd and .............in 3rd.........All the skaters were awesome.....the biggest spine in the world was shredded by all the skaters......in a nutshell lots of fun was had down in southern Maryland........................................................and the novice street division was huge too...enuf said, I've got to get some sleep now....Curt, Butch & I had a blast.