Getting started slaloming in the Baltimore/D.C. area

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

T.J. Welsh

getting started slaloming in the Baltimore/D.C. area

Post by T.J. Welsh » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:15 pm

I've been really wanting to get into slaloming but I haven't been able to find any events. Looks like there have been some improptu events in the Baltimore/D.C./VA area but there I wasn't able to figure out from the info posted exactly where they were or I didn't find out about them in time.

My question is this:

1) Who do I talk to and/or where do I go to get started slaloming in this area?
2) If there is currently not a slalom scene in existence is there anyone on this forum that would be willing to help me start one?

Thanks in advance for any info.

-T.J.

Brian Gilbert

Post by Brian Gilbert » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:35 pm

its been a slack year locally so far, everyone in the dc outlaws who have run all the events in the last cople of of years have been really bizzy with familys and work and what not. and non of us have picked up the slack.

I live right in catonsville. im always down to help you in anyway i can. im not the best but i know what im doin.................i think. Anyway i have been lookin for spots locally to hold a race. also try to find John Dillon on here he is a super rad guy help me start in this.

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:46 pm

I'm in for anything you guys can do in the Baltimore area.
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan

T.J. Welsh

Post by T.J. Welsh » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:38 pm

Brian Gilbert wrote:its been a slack year locally so far, everyone in the dc outlaws who have run all the events in the last cople of of years have been really bizzy with familys and work and what not. and non of us have picked up the slack.

I live right in catonsville. im always down to help you in anyway i can. im not the best but i know what im doin.................i think. Anyway i have been lookin for spots locally to hold a race. also try to find John Dillon on here he is a super rad guy help me start in this.
Thanks for your response. Any help you could give me would be much appreciated as I don't know ANYTHING about slalom. I skate at the Landsdowne part pretty frequently and I'm on pretty good terms with the guys that run it so maybe we can set something up there. I'm pretty sure slaloms have been held there in the past.

I'll be on the lookout for John Dillon, but if you are willing to help me set up some slaloms in the Baltimore area, email me @ wideawakening@yahoo.com and we'll see what we can come up with. I'll start scouting some areas.
SHOW ME THE SLALOM!