DC OUTLAW REUNION RACE, June 10, 2006

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:10 pm

I wanted to thank you guys for putting on the race yesterday! It was great seeing you guys and I had a blast!
HOSS

John Dillon

Yo Ohm!

Post by John Dillon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:56 am

Results, please!

David Riordon

Post by David Riordon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:25 am

Been such a long time since I last slalomed, I almost forgot how fun it was to just figure out how to get through a course. The racing was fun as all get out. I really had to race, and I mean race, a bunch of guys I have never been up against before.

Gary, Jeff, and Lenny, your practicing and dialed in equipment has paid off greatly. That course was not easy at all. To clear the cones we had to be strategically leaning frontside and backside at the right time or there was now way make them. I knew I was in trouble when Parsons was having problems just making the course.

Thanks Mike for putting on the race. Hella good time!!!!!!!!

DR

As for the results:

BP took the "A" Group
I took the "B" Group

I'll let Ohm post the rest of the results.
lbk

Mike Ohm

DC Results

Post by Mike Ohm » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Sorry for the Delay!

A Group-

1.Parsons
2.Ohm
3.Wes Tucker
4.PA Dan

B Group-

1.LBK
2.Lenny!
3.Luke
4.Jeff B
5.Gary Saenz

i hope i got B class 3rd and 4th right

Course was a little tight for some but everyone had it wired by race time. The wind was at times a factor but not that often. Another great day of racing!

Next tenative race date at the P&R is July 22nd.

see ya
ohm

Oh yeah, the namesake for this race arrived on a motorcycle at full speed and came to a stop during a 20ft long nose wheelie. He can't skate but he can do retarded things on a motorcycle. Great to see you Eric!

John Dillon

Ref:results

Post by John Dillon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:59 pm

Thanks Mike & lbk. WT took down PaDan? Dam!
I'm glad you made it there, Lenny....and Luke too....hopefully, I'll c u folks sometime soon.
-JD

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Possible Date Conflict w/DHB Event

Post by Marion Karr » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:42 pm

Mike,
We have not announced it yet but the DHB have a jam and race being planned for the weekend of the 22 of July. Cbark is flying in earlier in the week to practice and get ready for Nationals and we were looking to incorporate an event while he is here.

We have not selected a location yet but it will be one (or combination of) the following (in no particular order): Hobby Park, Downtown Statesville, new location in new development in Troutman, Centre Park Blvd in Winston-Salem, Camperworld-Statesville.)

This will have both a race component and a longboarding component possibly but definitely a race. We don't want to compete with what you guys are doing but we are locked into this date because of Cbark's travel availability. Do you think you guys could move your event to a previous weekend?

Sorry to be dapping on your date. I didn't know about your situation until Tucker pointed it out to me this morning. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for fueling the stoke,
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:25 pm

Quick update: Tentative Plan:

Friday Night- Urban Assault Boarder Cross Outlaw (still working on details here)

Saturday - Hobby Park Soap Box Derby Hill G/S (Dixie Cup style with A start block and B Start block lower down hill)
Followed by Longboard jam and cookout a the park! Pick up the cones and have fun!

Sunday- Hobby Park Soap Box Derby Hill Dual Lane Tight/Hybrid with start ramps and the whole deal (Elimination and possible Ladder Bracket racing...Carolina Call Out!)

I have to get it all worked out in my head but this is the deal as we see it right now.

Hope we can have you guys down.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Mike Ohm

Tenative

Post by Mike Ohm » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:42 pm

Marion, thats why I use the word "tentative". We can look at another date.

I really like that location WT posted pictures of.

ohm

Gary Saenz

Post by Gary Saenz » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:49 am

Mike,

I wanted to thank you for throwing the race and for the setup advice. Now I gotta work on my fitness. I got tired by the time qualifying came around and started hitting everything. I had a blast at the race. Funniest thing was when I had to race LBK for the 8th slot. Parsons walked up to me and said, "Gary, you know, he was the first DC Outlaw overall champion."

Dan Mitchell

Re: Ref:results

Post by Dan Mitchell » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:57 am

John Dillon wrote:WT took down PaDan?
Wes was definitely smokin'! Even if I'd been 100%, it would have been a close one.

I attribute Wes' improvement to two things...

1. Lots of practice (something most of us DCer's haven't had recently)

2. Giving up on that gay parallel stance. Congratulations for joining the real world, Wes :)

Seriously though, Wes damn near took out BP. No small feat, that. I was thoroughly impressed!

The moral of the story?

Practice, practice, and more practice....

No matter what equipment you use, it's the one sure way to get faster.

Good on 'ya Wes. You deserve some free stuff ;)

Dan
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Re: Tenative

Post by Marion Karr » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:02 am

Mike Ohm wrote:Marion, thats why I use the word "tentative". We can look at another date.

I really like that location WT posted pictures of.

ohm
Mike, thanks bro. We are working out the details for the weekend now. The schedule is looking more like this (tenative to use your word):

Friday: Urban Assault Night Outlaw Boardercross or something like that.

Saturday: Hobby Park Tight/Hybrid Dual Lane Elimination and Carolina Call Out (or ladder bracket depending on participation) followed by:
Longboard jam, Cookout, Raffle-DHB Fundraiser.

Sunday: GS either at Hobby or Krispy Kreme (Centre Park Blvd..Tuckers spot)

We may do a night thing at Centre Park...who knows...just lots of skating all weekend! Period!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Brian Parsons

Post by Brian Parsons » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:33 pm

Ohm, what about doing the next DC outlaw on the 15th then cruising down to Statesville on the 22nd.

WT has defiantly raised the bar. The dude was faster than me all during practice. I had to scam a different set up from Bozwell just to be in the game. I would get to the last 10 cones and just have to give up. Bozwell had his PP set up perfectly for the course with the Zigs so that was the only thing that kept me from blowing out of the course.

I have to miss the Buckeye but I am really fired up for the Farm and the DHB race. Might even try to make it out west once this year.

Question for you guys. What size Zig Zags should I buy? Or should I get both?

I am also thinking of getting a front splitfire as the geometry seemed to be very close to the Radikal I have. Is there a bushing setup that is giving you guys the same kind of feel as a rad? I like my Radikal but I don’t think there are any available. I am looking for a substitute for my GS board as I am still running stock trackers Rtxs.

Bozwell what size ZZ did you have on Saturday?

Help please I can’t have WT this close to me. Kind of like loosing to Kid Dynamite, if you know what I mean.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:52 pm

BP,
Dude, we need you down here! Come when you can!

Zig Zags- Go with the 70's but I know Dong is running the 66's for tight.

Talk to you soon.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:28 pm

Brian Parsons wrote: Help please I can’t have WT this close to me. Kind of like loosing to Kid Dynamite, if you know what I mean.
Do the initials "F.A.Y" mean anything to you?

See ya' in a month.

Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:32 pm

Brian,

70 mm.

Mike Ohm

zzzzzzzzz

Post by Mike Ohm » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:45 am

BP, if you want to run the race on the 15th you can. I will be surfing in NC. No worries. As far as the new wheels, get the big ones for GS and the 66's for tight. Get them from Skatekings.com. They have a deal where you can get Biltin Abec7's for $10 when you buy 4 wheels.

Anyone have any good pics from the race?

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:42 am

I have a couple shots. I'll post them tomorrow or so.

I hope to be able to make the July races (DC and Skatesville). I have a lot of non-skate-related road trips in July; so I may be road-weary.
HOSS

John Dillon

Way to go, WT!

Post by John Dillon » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:45 pm

NOW what do I tell my 5 yr old nephew who likes to ride the skateboard w/both feet together? Do I say I know someone who USED to ride like that? His twin bro rides regular footed.
-JD

Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage
Lenny Poage

Post by Lenny Poage » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:11 pm

Here are the shots I got before my batteries died. Sorry for the delay.

Gary Saenz and LBK (with Wes T's back)

PA Dan v. Brian P

Zipperhead Logo by Geezer-X (and a shot of BP's legs LOL)
HOSS

Gary Saenz

Post by Gary Saenz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:31 pm

Here's a couple shots my wife took (hence, I'm in both of them)

Image[/img]

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:14 am

so is the 22 still on? If so I am so there. I only missed this last one because I stopped coming to these forums cause it was so dead here for hte past year. I havent run cones in a long time but ill charge more then ever if we run this thing. Ill bring a new face too. KEEP DC SLALOM ALIVE

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:45 am

well anyone?

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:05 am

Anthony,

Last I heard (which was last night) BP is coming to North Carolina to race. Ohm is surfing the Outer Banks on the 15th and I don't know what his plans are for 22nd.

I'm sure if you announce a race at the P&R for the 22nd, people will show. Mitch is back around, PADan might come down, there's always a slim chance Johnny Rad will make a guest appearance. Slappy's been online this summer. Plus, try and dig up Danny and Seth. Boswell might skate. Geezer is feeling better. Smallwood is itching to run cones. LBK FINALLY has his priorities straight and is running cones again. Maybe let Brittany know there's racing going on again. The Bozis are just up the road. Jack Q is in the neighborhood. Adam Colton and his Springfield crew were at the Down Here Retreat and totally stoked on slalom. Maybe even WesE will come ouf of hibernation if it's not too windy. Only way to know for sure is to make the commitment.

Go ahead and tell everyone you'll be at the P&R at 10:00 Saturday morning and see who responds.

Seriously, does Brian Parsons or Ohm have to do EVERYTHING to make a DC Outlaw race happen?

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:36 am

Of course they do....but yeah I dont have slalom wheels because my grippins are on a board i lent to a kid who is at the beach or college orientation or something but I can try and get it back to race. I mean I'll show if others can bring the equipment I just have a board and a desire to skate with some cool guys. So if anyone has cones and or a timer man lets ride some cones its been a while for me so ill be rusty but ill do it.

I just planned a NOVA Outlaw downhill race and all the info for that is on Silverfish and Ill post the flyer up here when I get it from ryan.

Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:14 pm

I have cones, I’ve got a timer, lets ROCK!

KMG?

LBK, we have a score to settle.

: )

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:05 am

I'm down. My work doesn't want to let me work so I have plenty of free time and its gonna be great to get this back together.

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:39 am

Ok sweet so thatll be at least three of us there. Danny we'll carpool I suspect?

Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:14 pm

Something has come up and I'll wont be able to skate the P&R Saturday. If somebody wants to borrow my timer and cones let me know,

Anthony Flis

Post by Anthony Flis » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:24 am

yeah Ill actually be helping my cousin with her play in dc on saturday so im out now too.

Danny Crawford

Post by Danny Crawford » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:51 am

Okay, I guess the race is off. I didn't get off work anyways