7th Annual Ski & Snowboard Hooky Day Wed 2/8/06 Whitetai

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

David Riordon

7th Annual Ski & Snowboard Hooky Day Wed 2/8/06 Whitetai

Post by David Riordon » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:09 am

On the same second Wednesday in Feb. every year, local old school skateboarder Michael Hryvniak calls all his buddies and their buddies out for a skip work day to go snowboarding up at Whitetail. Mike's tries get to Whitetail for the first chair on the second Wednesday in February, this year the 8th. He then attempts to get 20 runs in before lunch but the main goal is to have fun riding with friends and extended friends. In the past Mike, a snowboarder, has been outnumbered by his ski associates but last year more of his snowboard friends showed than his two planker buds.

I've done the Hooky Day with Mike for the two past years and it is a blast to ride mid-week with a bunch of working stiffs that have bagged the office for the day just to have fun on the slopes. I don't try to get the 20 runs in by lunch because I like to ride with everybody not matter how slow or fast they want to go, though it is fun to take a run or two at full speed keeping up with Mike's ski pals.

This year, let's get as many snowboarders together to ride with Mike on 2/8/05 at Whitetail. Maybe I can get Mike to come up with some sort of way to identify ourselves to each other such as a certain sticker on your coat or a strip of caution tape tied to one of our legs. That way we can ride in a fun group.

Anyway, mark your calendar an I'm sure I will have more about this to post up in the future.
lbk

John Dillon

You know...

Post by John Dillon » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:22 pm

I'm there. Last yr was a blast. No lift lines...endless runs, sunshine...all are welcome! Just don't challenge lbk to a race down the slopes if he's wearing his ipod for if he has time to play THE GOGOS, he'll be kicking your a**!LOL!