Start working on your Halloween costume...

Slalom Skateboarding in Washington, U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Brian Parsons

John Dillon

Start working on your Halloween costume...

Post by John Dillon » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:30 pm

because wearing your costume will be mandatory for this soon-to-be-announced race, plus there will be prizes awarded for best costume,etc.....keep your eyes posted here!

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:45 am

Cool. I get to be John Gilmour again.

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:05 am

I will show you my costume today evening. I don't think it's possible to skate with them...

/J-Rad

John Dillon

Here's some info....

Post by John Dillon » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:17 pm

for you, J-Rad....for the costume contest one must roll past the judges on a skate, luge,buttboard, 8-wheeler,etc.....but for the actual banked park slalom, you may wear a different costume....but definitely one that you can wear and skate...it's all for fun, anyways! I'm looking forward to seeing your costume....I dont think I can skate in my Big Bertha outfit either...my *ss will be knocking over the cones! Of course, you can enter as JG, Vlad....that was a good outfit and haircut you had last time.

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:27 pm

JD,
Keep me in the loop. May/may not be back on board by then, but could help out w/timer etc.

Q

John Dillon

Hello...

Post by John Dillon » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:57 am

Thanks Q! I spoke w/ Pks & Rec today and IT IS ON! Oct 29th at Lansdowne....a diff course this time...must skate in costume.............hey, I'm off to CT for a couple days for my Grandma's funeral...I'll be back Friday....I'll talk to you then....ref: Poolesville, MD skatepark meeting next week,OK? PS: We need pools in Poolesville built!!

Barry Siegel

halloween weekend skate?

Post by Barry Siegel » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:24 pm

hi all,

I've rented a pretty funny gorilla costume with blinking eyes and I may add a diaper or briefcase of bananas or something to make it more outragous/funnier. Weather (and costume) permitting, I think it be quite funny to skate around DC (GTown, GWU, Adams Morgan, etc.) in costume Friday night or Sat. night (earlier). We could film it too. Anyone up for making a scene?

===
Barry

Anthony Smallwood

monkeyin' around

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:03 am

Barry, bring that costume to Fight Club on saturday nite. The rest of you monkeys, too.

Barry Siegel

costume

Post by Barry Siegel » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:37 pm

hi Anthony,

so my plans changed in teh past 24 hours and I ended up renting it today (work party) and tomorrow. Renting 3 days would be a bit more expensive than i wanted to also. Sat. I will be doing the white trash / redneck deal with a homemade costume. I'll try to post pics of me in costume though.

Barry

Anthony Smallwood

white trash @ fight club

Post by Anthony Smallwood » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Wear whatever, as long as you can skate in it.

BTW, just ordered 5 kegs a half hour ago, for those who partake.

They're bowling out another corner as I type. Place is getting faster.

Bands @ FC Party

The Apes
The Points
VCR
Death by Sexy
Blondsai (Sal from Vans Park)

Worst Costume Contest